ALL MANNY EVERYTHING

laugh.gif

I'm not surprised. Mommy Dionisia is unschooled.

Maybe Pac-Man should send her to an adult night school. LSGH perhaps?
laugh.gif

Hey guys, I didnt know where to start with this so I figured no place better than here on NT...

If Manny likes his songs and belting them out, thats cool with me but I dont think its that cool when he walks to the ring for a championship/history makingfight to the beat of those ballads. Last fight he used Eye of the Tiger and while it probably pumped him and the crowd up more than the usual "Para Sa'Yo Ang Laban Na 'To", we all know it was the theme song for Rocky and Pacman is no underdog. I just feel that there might be a better song thatcould be used when Pacman makes his way to his battlegrounds. Everytime I thought about this only 1 song has come to mind: NOYPI by Bamboo. "Tingnan mo,'yong palad, kalyado mong kamay, sa hirap ng buhay..." "Hoy, Pinoy ako, buong aking loob, may agimat ang dugo ko..." It just seems perfectfor Manny and how he represents the whole country and people whenever he fights. Plus its upbeat and is no ballad.

So if anybody here agrees and thinks its not such a bad idea, maybe we can somehow spread the word until it gets to somebody who can make it happen. Im hopingthis can happen before he finally hangs up his Reyes gloves for good.

^^^ it was that bothering to hear that as his theme? I actually had no problem with it.

Cashing in on late stoppage

A Las Vegas habitué is wondering if Miguel Cotto knew about the 20-1 betting line for Manny Pacquiao to win by a 12th round knockout in their WBO welterweighttitle fight at the MGM Grand Garden Arena last weekend.

The source said about an hour before the bout, odds were placed on the MGM boards to give a $100 bet a reward of $2,000 if Pacquiao beat Cotto by knockout ortechnical knockout in the last round.

The payoff was largest in the 12th round. According to the source who has witnessed every Pacquiao fight in Las Vegas the last two years, the odds were 12-1for the ninth round, 15-1 for the 10th and 18-1 for the 11th.

"It wasn't attractive to bet on a Pacquiao win because he was so highly favored," the source said. "If you picked Pacquiao to win, you wouldtake only $100 on a $350 bet. On the other hand, if you picked Cotto to win, your $100 would win $240. The problem was everybody knew Cotto would lose -probably, Cotto knew, too."

Maybe, Cotto was aware of the 20-1 betting line and that's why he refused to quit earlier even as his trainer Joe Santiago suggested a surrender before the11th round. Maybe, Cotto had a bet, too.

Fans said when Cotto went down in the third and fourth rounds, hardly anybody gave the Puerto Rican a chance to come back. His wife Melissa and their childrenleft the stadium after the ninth round with Cotto beaten black and blue.

Starting the seventh round, all Cotto wanted to do was to survive - up to the 12th round?

Originally Posted by triLbiejenna

Cashing in on late stoppage

A Las Vegas habitué is wondering if Miguel Cotto knew about the 20-1 betting line for Manny Pacquiao to win by a 12th round knockout in their WBO welterweight title fight at the MGM Grand Garden Arena last weekend.

The source said about an hour before the bout, odds were placed on the MGM boards to give a $100 bet a reward of $2,000 if Pacquiao beat Cotto by knockout or technical knockout in the last round.

The payoff was largest in the 12th round. According to the source who has witnessed every Pacquiao fight in Las Vegas the last two years, the odds were 12-1 for the ninth round, 15-1 for the 10th and 18-1 for the 11th.

"It wasn't attractive to bet on a Pacquiao win because he was so highly favored," the source said. "If you picked Pacquiao to win, you would take only $100 on a $350 bet. On the other hand, if you picked Cotto to win, your $100 would win $240. The problem was everybody knew Cotto would lose - probably, Cotto knew, too."

Maybe, Cotto was aware of the 20-1 betting line and that's why he refused to quit earlier even as his trainer Joe Santiago suggested a surrender before the 11th round. Maybe, Cotto had a bet, too.

Fans said when Cotto went down in the third and fourth rounds, hardly anybody gave the Puerto Rican a chance to come back. His wife Melissa and their children left the stadium after the ninth round with Cotto beaten black and blue.

Starting the seventh round, all Cotto wanted to do was to survive - up to the 12th round?
it was the referee who stopped the fight in the 12th round and not Cotto. If Cotto went down by himself then it is another story. Baka yungreferee ang tumaya kaya 12th round nya pinit at di pa nung earlier rounds.

Manny motorcade @ DLSU

what shirt was he throwing to the crowd?? too bad i didn't had the chance to get out of the classroom
frown.gif
sayang yung shirt!!

@robxdrew: it was ok...just coulda been (a lot) better

@sickchasedsam: yeah gotta admit its pretty trivial...but if at pacman vs mayweather, he walks to the ring to Noypi, each one of us here can have a nice storyto tell when we're drinking with our buddies =)

manny can walk into his version of "sometimes when we touch" or "sukiyaki" or whatever he fancies,as long as he handles his biz on thatring and whups some behind it's all good.walk-in music is a function of the fighters preference.let him listen to whatever he wants.

i know right sam?hearing manny's rendition would blow his opponents mind.

btw sam the mailman just dropped off something outside my door for you
wink.gif
i'll send it your way tomorrow.

Back
Top Bottom