All of the compalining about a lack of durabuck got me googling

Originally Posted by memphissfinest

Originally Posted by ninjahood

THIS TOPIC HAS ALREADY BEEN ARGUED INTO OBLIVION. EVERYONE HAS THEIR OWN OPINION AND NO ONE IS GONNA CHANGE ANYONE ELSE'S MIND ON THIS FORUM SO IT'S POINTLESS.
wrong again...NO ONE likes it when they take durabuck off a pair of sneakers that once had it.

here's a tidbit, da "OG" retro nubuck XII's are actually durabuck, da second renditions are actually da ones with nubuck.

WRONG AGAIN....

YOU HAVE MIS-DIRECTED MY POST. NO ONE IS ARGUING THAT THEY WOULD RATHER HAVE DURABUCK. THE DISAGREEMENT WAS OVER WHICH SHOES ACTUALLY HAD DURABUCK, NUBUCK, AND SUEDE.....
WRONG AGAIN...

The key lime shrimp @ TGIFridays was mad delicious tho

THIS TOPIC HAS ALREADY BEEN ARGUED INTO OBLIVION. EVERYONE HAS THEIR OWN OPINION AND NO ONE IS GONNA CHANGE ANYONE ELSE'S MIND ON THIS FORUM SO IT'S POINTLESS.
wrong again...NO ONE likes it when they take durabuck off a pair of sneakers that once had it.

here's a tidbit, da "OG" retro nubuck XII's are actually durabuck, da second renditions are actually da ones with nubuck.

WRONG AGAIN....

YOU HAVE MIS-DIRECTED MY POST. NO ONE IS ARGUING THAT THEY WOULD RATHER HAVE DURABUCK. THE DISAGREEMENT WAS OVER WHICH SHOES ACTUALLY HAD DURABUCK, NUBUCK, AND SUEDE.....
WRONG AGAIN...

i just wish all materials were kept original they just keep cutting cost in every way

i just wish all materials were kept original they just keep cutting cost in every way

Originally Posted by Klock

WRONG AGAIN....

YOU HAVE MIS-DIRECTED MY POST. NO ONE IS ARGUING THAT THEY WOULDN'T RATHER HAVE DURABUCK. THE DISAGREEMENT WAS OVER WHICH SHOES ACTUALLY HAD DURABUCK, NUBUCK, AND SUEDE.....
WRONG AGAIN...

WHO ARE U?

JUST SAYIN....

*KANYE SHRUG*

Originally Posted by Klock

WRONG AGAIN....

YOU HAVE MIS-DIRECTED MY POST. NO ONE IS ARGUING THAT THEY WOULDN'T RATHER HAVE DURABUCK. THE DISAGREEMENT WAS OVER WHICH SHOES ACTUALLY HAD DURABUCK, NUBUCK, AND SUEDE.....
WRONG AGAIN...

WHO ARE U?

JUST SAYIN....

*KANYE SHRUG*

not that i care what the names of what is. But i'd like to make a comment on the material used for 13's.

Everyone calls it suede, but i seriously doubt it is. Its always felt like micro suede to me, that synthetic fiber they use on couches. I never argued it, or even asked because i dont really care. But suede gets thrown around so loosely as a descriptor.

One of my black/red pairs of 13's that i attempted to clean the material on can almost attest to the fact its not suede.

So, anyone?

Also, if you read the wikipedia decription of Nubuck, it describes the varsity red 6's to the T.

not that i care what the names of what is. But i'd like to make a comment on the material used for 13's.

Everyone calls it suede, but i seriously doubt it is. Its always felt like micro suede to me, that synthetic fiber they use on couches. I never argued it, or even asked because i dont really care. But suede gets thrown around so loosely as a descriptor.

One of my black/red pairs of 13's that i attempted to clean the material on can almost attest to the fact its not suede.

So, anyone?

Also, if you read the wikipedia decription of Nubuck, it describes the varsity red 6's to the T.

all in all, Nike is a cheap company, it wouldnt be much for them to make durabuck again, but to them, people dont care so they rather use nubuck since they dont feel we care. which really, we dont, cause we gon buy they *%$@ anyways lol

all in all, Nike is a cheap company, it wouldnt be much for them to make durabuck again, but to them, people dont care so they rather use nubuck since they dont feel we care. which really, we dont, cause we gon buy they *%$@ anyways lol

Originally Posted by mints

It seems that the company that held the trademark to Durabuck (The United States Shoe Corporation) held the trademark from 1992 through 1998 when it was cancelled via Section 8 of the US Trademark Act. If they had their trademark cancelled from failure to continue using the term, it seems highly likely that whatever stock Nike had and used up in production of retros in the early 2000s was it. They couldn't go back to actually using Durabuck if they wanted to now since the company that made it doesn't make it anymore.
It seems that if Nike wanted to, they could figure out a way to engineer the material again and file the trademark paperwork to own it themselves, but that's probably a costly endeavor.

Originally Posted by mints

It seems that the company that held the trademark to Durabuck (The United States Shoe Corporation) held the trademark from 1992 through 1998 when it was cancelled via Section 8 of the US Trademark Act. If they had their trademark cancelled from failure to continue using the term, it seems highly likely that whatever stock Nike had and used up in production of retros in the early 2000s was it. They couldn't go back to actually using Durabuck if they wanted to now since the company that made it doesn't make it anymore.
It seems that if Nike wanted to, they could figure out a way to engineer the material again and file the trademark paperwork to own it themselves, but that's probably a costly endeavor.

Originally Posted by aphexacid

So, anyone?

that material on 13's aint suede. i know why people get it confused but its not even a leather to anser ur question

Originally Posted by aphexacid

So, anyone?

that material on 13's aint suede. i know why people get it confused but its not even a leather to anser ur question

Crazy what a material change can do 
laugh.gif

Although, durabuck>>

durabuck is beautiful. and at this point (with prices rising in all aspects) i don't think we will ever see it on a JB shoe again..
frown.gif

durabuck is beautiful. and at this point (with prices rising in all aspects) i don't think we will ever see it on a JB shoe again..
frown.gif

Back
Top Bottom