All of the compalining about a lack of durabuck got me googling

Originally Posted by Error on page

^^^@FrenchBlue23 if you are referring to beast23 I thought the vasity VIs were suede too. i think those XIIs are nubuck also i think that one was a mistake maybe?

Yeah, Varsity VI's were definitely suede, with a smooth finish.  
If you want to talk about True Nubuck, the 2003 Black/UNC blue XII's were a perfect example, as were the Cool Grey 3's. 

Remember the OG "Last Shot" 14's??  They used similar suede but it was rougher than what JB uses now. 

^^^@FrenchBlue23 if you are referring to beast23 I thought the vasity VIs were suede too. i think those XIIs are nubuck also i think that one was a mistake maybe?

If you want to talk about True Nubuck, the 2003 Black/UNC blue XII's were a perfect example, as were the Cool Grey 3's. 

Remember the OG "Last Shot" 14's??  They used similar suede but it was rougher than what JB uses now. 

Originally Posted by FrenchBlue23

i own the infrared 6 from the pack. those are nubuck. are those different? i thought they were the same

i own the infrared 6 from the pack. those are nubuck. are those different? i thought they were the same

I GUESS I STARTED THE WHOLE SUEDE/NUBUCK/DURABUCK ARGUMENT AGAIN LOL. NO MATTER WHAT, THERE ARE DEFINITELY 3 DIFFERENT TYPES. MY DMP 6'S, 2000 INFRAREDS, AND VARSITY RED 6'S ALL FEEL AND LOOK DIFFERENT.

THIS TOPIC HAS ALREADY BEEN ARGUED INTO OBLIVION. EVERYONE HAS THEIR OWN OPINION AND NO ONE IS GONNA CHANGE ANYONE ELSE'S MIND ON THIS FORUM SO IT'S POINTLESS.

I GUESS I STARTED THE WHOLE SUEDE/NUBUCK/DURABUCK ARGUMENT AGAIN LOL. NO MATTER WHAT, THERE ARE DEFINITELY 3 DIFFERENT TYPES. MY DMP 6'S, 2000 INFRAREDS, AND VARSITY RED 6'S ALL FEEL AND LOOK DIFFERENT.

THIS TOPIC HAS ALREADY BEEN ARGUED INTO OBLIVION. EVERYONE HAS THEIR OWN OPINION AND NO ONE IS GONNA CHANGE ANYONE ELSE'S MIND ON THIS FORUM SO IT'S POINTLESS.

yeah,i beat my last shots up. when i think about it they kinda look like rough nubuck. almost like mat'd suede is nubuck to a degree, idk.

seems like people still have guesstions(new word, lol) about this stuff. but to me one thing is certain suede and durabuck cant be mistaken for one another. its only certain nubuck heights that are being confussed with suede that is question'd, right?

the beast23, my infra pack looks more like the examples you have in the suede label'd pics. as does that varsity VI pic you have. kinda like u can feel and notice the texture has been moved wen u swipe your finger over it, but longer than nubuck for sure. im curious as to how your VIs look.

yeah,i beat my last shots up. when i think about it they kinda look like rough nubuck. almost like mat'd suede is nubuck to a degree, idk.

seems like people still have guesstions(new word, lol) about this stuff. but to me one thing is certain suede and durabuck cant be mistaken for one another. its only certain nubuck heights that are being confussed with suede that is question'd, right?

the beast23, my infra pack looks more like the examples you have in the suede label'd pics. as does that varsity VI pic you have. kinda like u can feel and notice the texture has been moved wen u swipe your finger over it, but longer than nubuck for sure. im curious as to how your VIs look.

The biggest difference between nubuck and durabuck is that durabuck is a manmade leather. I'd probably be happy if they used decent nubuck on what were durabuck releases, but honestly 9 times out of 10 if I really want it in my collection I'll still pick it up if they change the materials up.

The biggest difference between nubuck and durabuck is that durabuck is a manmade leather. I'd probably be happy if they used decent nubuck on what were durabuck releases, but honestly 9 times out of 10 if I really want it in my collection I'll still pick it up if they change the materials up.

Originally Posted by 19MushiMushi88

I'm sorry but i can't see the difference between nubuck and durabuck lol

all those pics n u still cant tell..... jus kid'n. im not perfectly sure but imho nubuck is kinda like a real fine/super close cut suede. on the other hand durabuck's texture really doesnt show any signs that it has been rubbed. if that helps .

Originally Posted by 19MushiMushi88

I'm sorry but i can't see the difference between nubuck and durabuck lol

all those pics n u still cant tell..... jus kid'n. im not perfectly sure but imho nubuck is kinda like a real fine/super close cut suede. on the other hand durabuck's texture really doesnt show any signs that it has been rubbed. if that helps .

Durabuck or nubuck are both inferior materials. There a millions of materials that can be used. They are just going to use the cheapest material they can get by with until we complain directly to them or stop buying.

Durabuck or nubuck are both inferior materials. There a millions of materials that can be used. They are just going to use the cheapest material they can get by with until we complain directly to them or stop buying.

No joke. Confusing is right..

I know Suede can have a truly fine soft finish with a brushable surface that changes when you simply move your finger over it. Not much else comes close to that.

I've always been under the impression that a few of these shoes just had synthetic nubuck or synthetic suede.. Some so called suede seems to be much thicker and nappier, without much of a brushable layer. Then there are some nubucks or durabucks that have none of that. Maybe there are different degrees (thickness) of Nubuck, durabuck, and suede. Add in synthetics, and you have almost 12 materials that look similar to one another

Back
Top Bottom