All of the compalining about a lack of durabuck got me googling

No joke. Confusing is right..

I know Suede can have a truly fine soft finish with a brushable surface that changes when you simply move your finger over it. Not much else comes close to that.

I've always been under the impression that a few of these shoes just had synthetic nubuck or synthetic suede.. Some so called suede seems to be much thicker and nappier, without much of a brushable layer. Then there are some nubucks or durabucks that have none of that. Maybe there are different degrees (thickness) of Nubuck, durabuck, and suede. Add in synthetics, and you have almost 12 materials that look similar to one another

Originally Posted by wiseman299

Durabuck or nubuck are both inferior materials. There a millions of materials that can be used. They are just going to use the cheapest material they can get by with until we complain directly to them or stop buying.

For the longevity and overall look of sneakers both nubuck and durabuck are better. They were designed to be more durable. For example being water protected and stain resistant.

For example infrared VI's versus the suede ones that came out last year. How do you think the suede will look in ten years lightly worn?

Originally Posted by wiseman299

Durabuck or nubuck are both inferior materials. There a millions of materials that can be used. They are just going to use the cheapest material they can get by with until we complain directly to them or stop buying.

For the longevity and overall look of sneakers both nubuck and durabuck are better. They were designed to be more durable. For example being water protected and stain resistant.

For example infrared VI's versus the suede ones that came out last year. How do you think the suede will look in ten years lightly worn?

LOL...MY ONLY POINT WAS THAT THE POST SUGGESTS THAT IT WAS DISCONTINUED AND THEY CANT USE IT ANYMORE, BUT WEREN'T THE DMP VI'S DURABUCK (IM NOT A MATERIAL NAZI SO IM NOT 100% SURE) , WHICH WERE MADE AFTER THE "DISCONTINUATION OF DURABUCK" ..... HMMM 
nerd.gif

LOL...MY ONLY POINT WAS THAT THE POST SUGGESTS THAT IT WAS DISCONTINUED AND THEY CANT USE IT ANYMORE, BUT WEREN'T THE DMP VI'S DURABUCK (IM NOT A MATERIAL NAZI SO IM NOT 100% SURE) , WHICH WERE MADE AFTER THE "DISCONTINUATION OF DURABUCK" ..... HMMM 
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by memphissfinest

THIS TOPIC HAS ALREADY BEEN ARGUED INTO OBLIVION. EVERYONE HAS THEIR OWN OPINION AND NO ONE IS GONNA CHANGE ANYONE ELSE'S MIND ON THIS FORUM SO IT'S POINTLESS.
wrong again...NO ONE likes it when they take durabuck off a pair of sneakers that once had it.

here's a tidbit, da "OG" retro nubuck XII's are actually durabuck, da second renditions are actually da ones with nubuck.

THIS TOPIC HAS ALREADY BEEN ARGUED INTO OBLIVION. EVERYONE HAS THEIR OWN OPINION AND NO ONE IS GONNA CHANGE ANYONE ELSE'S MIND ON THIS FORUM SO IT'S POINTLESS.
wrong again...NO ONE likes it when they take durabuck off a pair of sneakers that once had it.

here's a tidbit, da "OG" retro nubuck XII's are actually durabuck, da second renditions are actually da ones with nubuck.

Originally Posted by ninjahood

WRONG AGAIN....

YOU HAVE MIS-DIRECTED MY POST. NO ONE IS ARGUING THAT THEY WOULDN'T RATHER HAVE DURABUCK. THE DISAGREEMENT WAS OVER WHICH SHOES ACTUALLY HAD DURABUCK, NUBUCK, AND SUEDE.....

Originally Posted by ninjahood

WRONG AGAIN....

YOU HAVE MIS-DIRECTED MY POST. NO ONE IS ARGUING THAT THEY WOULDN'T RATHER HAVE DURABUCK. THE DISAGREEMENT WAS OVER WHICH SHOES ACTUALLY HAD DURABUCK, NUBUCK, AND SUEDE.....

Originally Posted by mints

It seems that the company that held the trademark to Durabuck (The United States Shoe Corporation) held the trademark from 1992 through 1998 when it was cancelled via Section 8 of the US Trademark Act. If they had their trademark cancelled from failure to continue using the term, it seems highly likely that whatever stock Nike had and used up in production of retros in the early 2000s was it. They couldn't go back to actually using Durabuck if they wanted to now since the company that made it doesn't make it anymore.
It seems that if Nike wanted to, they could figure out a way to engineer the material again and file the trademark paperwork to own it themselves, but that's probably a costly endeavor.
AND THIS IS MY POINT, SO TO SPEAK, IF ALL OF THESE PAIRS (DMP VI'S IN SPECIFIC) HAVE DURABUCK, DOESNT THAT MAKE THIS WHOLE THING A BIT INVALID????

Originally Posted by mints

It seems that the company that held the trademark to Durabuck (The United States Shoe Corporation) held the trademark from 1992 through 1998 when it was cancelled via Section 8 of the US Trademark Act. If they had their trademark cancelled from failure to continue using the term, it seems highly likely that whatever stock Nike had and used up in production of retros in the early 2000s was it. They couldn't go back to actually using Durabuck if they wanted to now since the company that made it doesn't make it anymore.
It seems that if Nike wanted to, they could figure out a way to engineer the material again and file the trademark paperwork to own it themselves, but that's probably a costly endeavor.
AND THIS IS MY POINT, SO TO SPEAK, IF ALL OF THESE PAIRS (DMP VI'S IN SPECIFIC) HAVE DURABUCK, DOESNT THAT MAKE THIS WHOLE THING A BIT INVALID????

Back
Top Bottom