All Things Sports Media Thread!!

After 18 years, Mike Golic (Big Mike) and Mike Greenberg (Little Mike) will conclude their ESPN radio show Mike & Mike on Friday and go their separate ways, though they’ll both remain at the network. Big Mike will start a new show with his son, Mike Golic Jr. (New Mike), and Trey Wingo, who is not a Mike. Meanwhile, Little Mike will debut a program called Get Up in the spring with Jalen Rose and Michelle Beadle, who are also not Mikes.

One of the worst-kept sports media secrets for seemingly more than a decade is that Mike Greenberg would be hosting his own morning show on ESPN. We finally got the announcement earlier this year, and with Greeny in lame-duck status on his “Mike & Mike” radio show, he’s looking back and looking ahead.

Greenberg tells the Chicago Tribune that the show, which will originate from spanking brand-new studios in New York starting next year, will be called “Get Up.” The show will also include Michelle Beadle and Jalen Rose, and will debut sometime in the spring of 2018.

“It’s a terrific title because it can mean a lot of different things — not just ‘wake up’ but ‘let’s get going and be the best we can be today,'” he wrote. “Get up with Greeny and Beadle and Jalen. It’s perfect.”

Whether it becomes part of the breakfast show lexicon like “Today,” “Good Morning America,” or ”CBS This Morning” is totally up to the American people. Greenberg tells the Tribune that “Get Up” will air from 7-10 a.m. ET and also be simulcast on Sirius XM. He also said that while reports had the show built with him in mind, it wasn’t ever going to be a solo project:

“From its inception to when it was pitched to me and the moment that I agreed to do it, this was not going to be a solo show. I am absolutely thrilled we’re able to get Beadle and Jalen and we’re still fleshing out what the rest will be.”

Greenberg said there’s no launch date set in stone as of yet. He said the construction for the new set is underway and added. “I don’t want to attach a date to it, but it will be here before we know it.”

Cappie “WNBA Super Star” of the Chicago Sky sat down with Streets First’s host A Butta to discuss life in Chicago, traveling the world playing basketball, being on a VIDEO GAME, her experience with the USA Olympic team & so MUCH MORE!!
Stay Focused, We have more fire on the way.

Cappie (WNBA SuperStar) Pondexter on Streets First by StreetsFirstPodcast | Streets First Podcast | Free Listening on SoundCloud

Mike and Mike just finished their final show. I was never a fan, but 18 years is pretty impressive in today's landscape.

will cain is the worst. Almost all his opinions and hot takes suck. He says he’s not a trump supporter but always sounds like one.

he does a daily periscope stream recapping sports and other stuff he's interested in
he'll say stuff like you can catch the highlights on fox sports or some other channel other than espn :lol:
mentioned how he was pushing and pitching ideas to espn on embracing wrestling, esports/video gaming, etc. but they kept shooting ideas down

I don't mind Cain. I think he's actually pretty decent when he's with Russillo, and his "character" is necessary for First Take to actually make it somewhat interesting.

Ain't nothing interesting about him to me. I don't know if he racist or not but he goes above and beyond to defend racist **** on that show. He real suspect and he don't know sports. I guess ESPN think it's good TV to have the stuck up white southern man who defends racist stuff vs the white male from NY who's "liberal". It was funny as hell when he had a meltdown cuz people was calling him out.

I don't even listen to the first podcast like I used cuz of him. I just catch clips on youtube with Max and Stephen A.

Ain't nothing interesting about him to me. I don't know if he racist or not but he goes above and beyond to defend racist **** on that show. He real suspect and he don't know sports. I guess ESPN think it's good TV to have the stuck up white southern man who defends racist stuff vs the white male from NY who's "liberal". It was funny as hell when he had a meltdown cuz people was calling him out.

I don't even listen to the first podcast like I used cuz of him. I just catch clips on youtube with Max and Stephen A.
I probably should have used the term "controversial" instead of interesting.

He guest hosted his & hers one time and michael smith said he never received so many tweets about people missing him and being glad he was back.

Chuck Klosterman on the Death of Monoculture, NBA Superteams, and Tom Petty's Passing (Ep. 290)
HBO and The Ringer's Bill Simmons is joined by best-selling author and old buddy Chuck Klosterman to discuss switching to Sirius XM over the internet, the pop culture influence on politics, the lack of humor in media coverage, the potential of Ben Simmons, and the comedic genius of Jim Carrey.

Chuck Klosterman on the Death of Monoculture, NBA Superteams, and Tom Petty's Passing (Ep. 290) from The Bill Simmons Podcast on podbay http://podbay.fm/show/1043699613/e/1511304876?autostart=1

Jeff Van Gundy, ESPN/ABC
Zach talks to Jeff Van Gundy about the Wolves' defense, the Thunder's struggles, the Clippers' collapse, and strange starts across the Western Conference.

Jeff Van Gundy, ESPN/ABC from The Lowe Post on podbay http://podbay.fm/show/986595124/e/1511294991?autostart=1

Back
Top Bottom