All Things Sports Media Thread!!

Chris Cote from Lebatard Show was a part of the ESPN layoffs

obviously that’s shocking.. but I was surprised they had anyone at all, let alone Chris with his ole man such a big part of the show

i mean I’m still surprised dan’s show got cut an hour since he been hit up podcasts too

My First Game Against Vince Carter Made Me Think I Couldn't Play In The NBA - YouTube

In the first episode of Season 3, Bill Simmons and J.A. Adande break down Allen Iverson’s incredible career, the surreal experience of seeing him in person, why he belatedly became one of the league’s most beloved superstars, and where he ranks in Bill’s hall of fame pyramid.

‎Book of Basketball 2.0: Allen Iverson: You Had To Be There (with J.A. Adande) on Apple Podcasts

Last edited:
Why does mike greenberg always treat ryan clark like he's his only cool, black athlete friend? he's always sucking up to him. The segment where he has clark read his tweets is cringeworthy.

He did this with Chris Carter years ago.

I think he really just likes black people.

sooo is ESPN just f’n with Dan?

I assume dude is gone when his contract is up

Once the new president took over it was a wrap.

The old president was the one who put Dan on and gave him the power to put Bomani, Mina, Sarah Spain, Pablo, and others in their positions.

I think he was running **** when Mike and Jemele got their shot too.

The new regime is not about that life.

I just hope when Dan does jump ship, the people he put on follow like Bill Simmons disciples did.

Yea I know Dan was close with the old guy, I think his name was skipper

Thank you..... John Skipper I believe.

Think he stepped down because of some substance abuse issues he was dealing with.

Been downhill since.

Thank you..... John Skipper I believe.

Think he stepped down because of some substance abuse issues he was dealing with.

Been downhill since.
Yep, Dan was crying on the show when it was announced he was resigning because of substance abuse.

Jim Nantz wants ‘Tony Romo money’ with CBS contract drama looming
New York Post

Jim Nantz, the face of CBS Sports, is looking for “Tony Romo money” in what is shaping into a potential showdown between the network and its longtime star, The Post has learned.

Sources said Nantz is seeking to top the $17.5 million yearly salary Romo received on a new contract signed right before the pandemic hit as everything perfectly aligned for the standout NFL analyst.

While Romo just works the football season, Nantz calls the NFL, the Final Four and golf, including the Masters.

Nantz has been out front for CBS for three decades. He currently makes $6.5 million per year on a contract that ends early next summer, according to sources.

Whatever Nantz ends up making, he is in line for a raise. The going rate for a lead network sports voice is in the $10 million range. Joe Buck makes $10.5 million at Fox, according to sources, and NBC’s Mike Tirico is near that number, as well.

ImaginativeEvilAmericansaddlebred-max-1mb.gif

Back
Top Bottom