All Things Sports Media Thread!!

Surprised it took this long. No reason Dan couldn't do what Adam Carolla or Bill Simmons are doing.

Surprised it took this long. No reason Dan couldn't do what Adam Carolla or Bill Simmons are doing.

i assume he will.. he's set up with the local stuff.. he'll get a deal with something national to give him a platform for like 3-4 hours a day and then pump out the podcasts

i just wonder who it'll be that will throw the bag at em

i assume he will.. he's set up with the local stuff.. he'll get a deal with something national to give him a platform for like 3-4 hours a day and then pump out the podcasts

i just wonder who it'll be that will throw the bag at em

Spotify is my betting favorite.

I also believe he was in negotiations with XM before the last contract.

Spotify is my betting favorite.

I also believe he was in negotiations with XM before the last contract.

he'll land on his feet.. just where, cause i could see couple things.. i'm sure some old espn/fox news folks might not be happy to see him show up on fox sports, but i could see them throwing the bag cause obviously he'd be a whole lot better than what they got

They definitely have something under the works most def.

Losing the morning show AND Highly Questionable will tank ESPN.

he'll land on his feet.. just where, cause i could see couple things.. i'm sure some old espn/fox news folks might not be happy to see him show up on fox sports, but i could see them throwing the bag cause obviously he'd be a whole lot better than what they got

Please not Fox lol, they've been talkin **** about FS1 for years lol.

In a dream world, everyone he put on would follow suit because with out Dan, they wouldn't have Bomani, Mina, Sarah, Pablo, Foxworth, or Amin.

CRAZY!

going be sad as hell when they continue highly questionable without him

and it’s the ones he’s cool with that they’re going out on there

i mean it’s always a joke when someone fills in to host, but going be real off with him gone

Seems like TBOB Season 3 is focusing on individual players. Although, Simmons had Kornheiser on this week, and they're doing an episode, where Kornheiser will probably claim that, like, Oscar Robertson is the best player of all time, or something.

The thing is, espn is keeping Highly Questionable. Dunno how long that will last without Dan.

Dan and Papi will be hosting the last episode for them next month.

Another one is gone as well..

Trey Wingo's days with the Worldwide Leader are over. The anchor ended two-plus decade run with ESPN on Wednesday.

As for what’s next, Wingo already launched a podcast, “Half-Forgotten History.” But he’s very much open to returning to the TV studio:

"I love the NFL. I’m not done…We’re having all kinds of discussions and I’m very fortunate that a lot of people are interested in having those discussions. Something is coming. I just can’t say yet when or where. "

Guest: Vinay Bhavnani, Long-time NBA Assistant Coach

In this week’s basketball coaching conversation, long-time NBA assistant coach Vinay Bhavnani joins the Basketball Podcast to discuss NBA player and skill development. Bhavnani also shares ideas about getting a coaching job and scouting at the NBA level.

Vinay Bhavnani was most recently an assistant coach for the Oklahoma City Thunder. Bhavnani has also served as a video coordinator, the manager of advanced scouting, and a director of player development. He has assisted in the development of NBA stars like Kevin Durant, Russell Westbrook, James Harden, Steven Adams, and Shai Gilgeous-Alexander.

His NBA journey started in 2004 when he took a scouting internship with the Los Angeles Clippers instead of pursuing a career in engineering. At the time, Bhavnani had just graduated from USC and could not pass up on his dream of working in the NBA. Vinay's engineering background gives him a unique perspective and skillset to thrive in the league.

After three successful years in Los Angeles, Bhavnani was hired as an assistant video coordinator with the San Antonio Spurs. With the Spurs, Bhavnani continued to learn more about the game and made a positive impact on the organization. He continued to climb the ranks as the Thunder hired him as manager of advanced scouting and player development.

Bhavnani was the first assistant coach in the NBA with Indian heritage. His parents are from Ahmedabad, India. He participated in Basketball without Borders in India and has helped the Indian national team head coaches for the men's (Kenny Natt) and women's teams (Pete Gaudet). As well he spent time in support of the NBA India staff (Troy Justice) to see the basketball development in that country.

Episode 142: Vinay Bhavnani, NBA Player and Skill Development https://art19.com/shows/the-basketball-podcast/episodes/583f2e64-2adc-42b8-83c6-304e8c1b12af

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom