All Things Sports Media Thread!!

I like Bomani but he continues to get opportunities and continued to bomb. Maybe his stuff is too niche

Is getting 2 seasons of your own show on HBO reallg bombing?

Felt like this show was always missing something though. I don’t think he was really funny enough to carry the comedic monologues. He’s def better in a more conversational setting and the interviews on the show were legit like 2 minutes

suzy such a big name in the world of nfl. wonder if one of the other networks or amazon will pick her up.

I think it’s the formats that are failing him

his podcast is excellent.. he was excellent during the radio show

the thing both of those got going, at least an hour of content

with the show with Pablo, I wish they just gave them a daily 2-3 hours slot in the radio lineup rather than what they did.. and it felt like bomani was trying do too much in the half hour he got with this show

I’d rather jsut have dude got a solid time slot to talk

The formats are an issue but it's on him too...he knows or should know what his bag is. He's more proud of Game Theory + HBO than anything else he's done. It probably would have been better somewhere else.

They recorded The Right time live show but won't put it out. :smh:

The formats are an issue but it's on him too...he knows or should know what his bag is. He's more proud of Game Theory + HBO than anything else he's done. It probably would have been better somewhere else.

They recorded The Right time live show but won't put it out. :smh:

i agree.. even in the format of game theory, I really didn’t see it working (doing skits and all the extra shh)

id rather just give dude the platform with a relaxed environment and let him go to work.. I think high noon failed for the same reasons

id rather them 2 dudes have at least an hour and let them just talk as topics came up

but him being smart and talented and aware of that might be working against him in the things he’s willing to attempt

even with bill simmons, for example, he figured out his lane and also is well aware of why say the nba studio show didn’t work vs nba stuff they did at different platforms

Skits could have worked but his/their tastes seemed out of touch/date. He brings up the Duke segment quite a bit...it would have hit better maybe 10 years ago. IATT IATT

Pat doesn't have an agent. Said the old whites don't like him

Last edited:
Yea the duke segment woulda hit a whole lot harder couple years ago.. hell probably a decade ago, at the least

while I get when dude was in school and the obvious influences he had.. him trying to do comedy segments just felt like dude was trying too hard

hell whole show felt like he was trying too hard

and for me, being a huge fan of his and multiple platforms he’s been on.. I figured I’d stockpile episodes and let him and them find that balance point where it didn’t feel like dude ws forcing things

Back
Top Bottom