All Things Sports Media Thread!!

1689992499044.gif

The Ringer's Bill Simmons is joined by Chuck Klosterman to discuss a range of topics, including Damian Lillard, Jimmy Butler, TV, music, documentaries, conspiracies, ghosts, memory loss, and much more!

The Bill Simmons Podcast: Portland’s Dilemma, the Rise of Autobiographical Docs, Memory Loss Benefits, and Fun Conspiracies With Chuck Klosterman on Apple Podcasts

I see why hbo wouldn’t keep it going, especially in that format

but espn, zero clue.. but don’t feel like espn has been using dude properly in recent years either.. but that’s why I don’t watch espn outside of sports

Me and my wife loved Game Theory, sad it’s gone.

ESPN set him up with that one show they gave him. Pablo sucks. Terrible chemistry, I couldn’t watch it.

Pablo doesn’t suck.. the format was just bad

They’re both smart dudes.. give them time and let them go to work.. and a relaxed format

Shoulda given them 2 the morning radio show to the 2 of them of the trio they gave it to

Didn’t say he’s not smart, went to Harvard or some ****. He’s a dweeb. Sucks on everything ESPN puts him on.

I don’t watch a lot of sport shows anymore but when I do, I watch FS1 more.

No where in what I said did I put those words in your mouth

My point about them being smart is I’d rather listen to them for multiple hours than any of the other who were given that platform especially Keyshawn

Hell I listened to multiple podcasts with them dudes involved.. but it worked well on those platforms

Pablo does not suck. He’s been great on all his Meadowlark appearances so far too

That show just sucked.. but the problem for me was I saw both dudes when given a space to free flow and do work

That’s why I wish they were given the time block that was given to max, Keyshawn and jay

That show just sucked.. but the problem for me was I saw both dudes when given a space to free flow and do work

That’s why I wish they were given the time block that was given to max, Keyshawn and jay

They both absolutely thrive when there’s less structure and struggle the more structure there is.

I don’t know how the Max Keyshawn Jay thing went so long

They both absolutely thrive when there’s less structure and struggle the more structure there is.

I don’t know how the Max Keyshawn Jay thing went so long

I feel like you’re doing both dudes a disservice giving them too much structure.. just feels forced

I listen to and look forward to pods and other content with both dudea

But like the morning pod Pablo took over from Mina, just felt forced.. same as their show.. same as game theory.. hell same as when I see Bo do cnn stuff

But when they’re allowed to just go, both are excellent.. and it’s not even a time thing cause I’ve listened to both in shorter formats, debatable being a perfect example

Alex Rodriguez closing in on huge exclusive contract with Fox Sports

According to The Hollywood Reporter, Alex Rodriguez is closing in on a contract extension with Fox Sports. If the deal is completed, it would keep Rodriguez being the face of the MLB on Fox operation for multiple years.

Terms of the new Fox deal were not immediately clear, though it is believed to be the most lucrative deal yet for an MLB analyst, with a term of more than three years.

The Reporter indicates that this contract extension would be an exclusive one for Rodriguez, meaning his partnership with Yankees play-by-Michael Kay voice on ESPN’s KayRod Cast would be coming to a close after the completion of the 2023 MLB season.

Fox Sports betting on Rodriguez is another curious case considering the controversies he’s been embroiled in over the years. His latest strange moment came on the KayRod Cast alternate Sunday Night Baseball broadcast with Kay for the New York Mets-Boston Red Sox game this past Sunday, where he chose a rather unusual analogy to explain a swing:

“Posture up and [swing] right down, I’m going to get in trouble, it’s like you’re punching a little person. With your right hand and that knee down, boom, right there. Now you’re on top of the baseball.”

A-Rod thinks the Angels should trade Shohei Ohtani for ‘a bunch of draft picks’

Alex Rodriguez recently joined the podcast of former Seattle Mariners All-Star Bret Boone and during the interview, they discussed the possibility of Ohtani getting dealt at the deadline.

“I think here’s the thought that I would think about, if I was the Angels, I would want to get a bunch of draft picks, I want to load up my farm system,” Rodriguez said. “If I’m the Angels, I’m saying, okay, you’re gonna take Ohtani, but I also want to give you some of my bad contract. So, if I can unload a few, or one big one, and take that off the books, plus refurnish my minor league system, get some draft picks and get maybe a piece or two? Now you got something.”

MLB does not allow teams to trade draft picks.

Alex was so good his first year and then I don’t know what happened. He’s trying too hard to be someone else or like one of the white guys.

I do enjoy him on the Kay Rod when he’s breaking down baseball and the game live, it goes to **** fast when there’s a guest.

Back
Top Bottom