All Things Sports Media Thread!!

Also how does Robin Lundberg get the axe but not Peter Rosenberg. And how did Rosenberg get there anyways?

Last edited:
Also how does Robin Lundberg get the axe but not Peter Rosenberg. And how did Rosenberg get there anyways?
Started doing a Grantland sponsored wrestling podcast and ESPN kept it when they got rid of Grantland. He started doing the Michael Kay show and then kept parlaying that into other stuff.

espn barely covers anything outside of nfl. surprised they let some of those guys go
not shocking regarding everyone else

Buddy of mine said ESPN should put on different programming. Really not sure what else a 24 hr sports station can put on air besides stuff like First Take and such. 

Missing a couple smaller-rolled media people but updated list:

NFL Analyst Trent Dilfer
MLB Writer Jayson Stark
NFL Reporter Ed Werder
Sportscenter Anchor John Buccigross
College Football Analyst Danny Kanell
MLB Analyst Jim Bowden
Basketball Analyst Len Elmore
TV Host Jay Crawford
Titans Reporter Paul Kuharsky
NHL Columnist Scott Burnside
Hockey Writer Joe McDonald
College Basketball Reporter Dana O'Neil
Hockey Writer Pierre LeBrun
ESPNU Anchor Brendan Fitzgerald
Big Ten Football Reporter Austin Ward
Big Ten Football Writer Jesse Temple
Soccer Writer Mike L. Goodman
MLB Writer Mark Saxon
College Football Insider Brett McMurphy
Senior Writer Jeremy Crabtree
College Basketball Writer Eamonn Brennan
SEC Recuiting Analyst Derek Tyson
SEC Football Reporter David Ching
Big 12 Reporter Max Olson
Big Ten Reporter Brian Bennett
Columnist Johnette Howard
Dodgers Writer Doug Padilla
College Basketball Writer C.L. Brown
ESPN.com Writer Jane McManus
College Football Writer Ted Miller
NBA Writer Ethan Strauss
NFL Analyst Ashley Fox
NBA Writer Justin Verrier
Producer Josh Parcell
Radio Host Robin Lundberg
Writer Melissa Isaacson
Rockets Writer Calvin Watkins
College Football Reporter Chantel Jennings

Buddy of mine said ESPN should put on different programming. Really not sure what else a 24 hr sports station can put on air besides stuff like First Take and such. 
I think they should do what MLB Network does, and put Sports movies on late at night. Disney would love to promote their old sports movies. Disney can even produce sports movies JUST for ESPN with B List actors so the budget would be low. I'd watch a cheesy new movie about Lou Gehrig, Ty Cobb, Babe Ruth, Wayne Gretzky, Joe Montana, Walter Payton etc.   

Everyone's like "ESPN wouldn't have had any layoffs if they showed what like all the time."

ESPN knows that they still want to the "all sports leader" but at the end of the day it's really 24/7 NFL coverage, 5 players in the NBA coverage, and Stephen A Smith sprinkled in. Their execs know they could get away with this model all year and I really think this is where they are headed to fight the changing times with subscribers.

They don't need the MLB contract either and I could see MLB losing some sleep over this....they need ESPN hype machine and they need ESPN at the table of all TV talks.

Last edited:

espn barely covers anything outside of nfl. surprised they let some of those guys go
not shocking regarding everyone else

So much false.

Ive seen womens college vollyball on espn before.

They literally cover everything. Yes their prime slotted shows are geared towards the most popular sports.

They have a lot of major tennis and golf tournaments.

Hell, they cover NCAAFB spring games [emoji]128514[/emoji]

I think pro hockey is the only thing not really covered outside of SC.

People watch espn wrong lol.

They should've cut rachel nichols too. She's got the most generic NBA show and opinions along with her generic, robotic teleprompter reading voice.

Surprise Sage Steele isn't on the chopping block
sick.gif

ESPN confirms that firings will last til May 9th, so there is time for others to be released. This is just Day 1 
sick.gif

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom