All Things Sports Media Thread!!

The writings been on the wall. They've been losing talent for years
mehhh.. who have they lost that was a big hit?

the FS1 all-stars?

beadle left and came back.. SAS left and came back.. Nichols left and came back

dan Patrick and rich probably the only ones they could still use

Watch.

Bomani moves to 1-4 radio slot, and that sets up the new show him and Pablo are going to do.

Dominique Foxworth will probably take Bo's spot on HQ.

If you think the "stick to sports" crew is mad today. Whew boy :lol:

ESPN layoffs hit Charlotte offices

As part of a round of about 100 layoffs company wide, the sports network is moving its ESPNU studio operation from Charlotte to Bristol, Conn., where ESPN is based, a source close to the matter told the Charlotte Observer. A few ESPNU positions will remain in Charlotte, primarily the people responsible for producing the large number of events that air on U.

In total, fewer than 10 people in Charlotte are being laid off. The SEC network operations, as well as an events division, will remain in Charlotte.

Watch.

Bomani moves to 1-4 radio slot, and that sets up the new show him and Pablo are going to do.

If you think the "stick to sports" crew is mad today. Whew boy
laugh.gif
this works for me

then move the morning roast crew to bomani's old radio slot (4-7)

FB friend of mine who works for Cox Cable posted this-

"They did it to themselves... They pay astronomical amounts of money to broadcast games and then charge the Cable and satellite companies to carry ESPN per subscriber forcing those subscription rates to increase and people to cut the cord because we can watch the game through the internet."

Everything seems to trickle down from here...

Why tf is Bucci Mane gone

Edit-- probably for giving the NHL too much love on SC with Barry Meltose :lol:

Last edited:
Watch.

this works for me

i think foxworth is pretty good but the rest of the morning roast crew is weak

Watch.

this works for me

ESPN basically been doing a trial run for a while now having them fill in for Bomani, it makes sense.

But yeah man, that "stick to sports" crowd is gonna have a fit when they turn on their tv and see Bomani, Pablo, Desus, & Mero laughing...and then Desus or Mero drop the *word*, or Mero says Babe Ruth was Dominican.

From 2016, what cable subscribers are paying per month:

ESPN charges distributors a monthly fee of $7.21 per subscriber, and another 90 cents for ESPN2, according to SNL Kagan.

The cost for ESPN is up more than 120 percent from 2007, when it was $3.26 per subscriber.

TNT has the next highest channel monthly cost at roughly $1.50.

ESPN is estimated to cost $8.37 per month in 2018.

I know the stick to sports crowd HATES The 6 [emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji]

i think foxworth is pretty good but the rest of the morning roast crew is weak
I mean I'm really listening for foxworth's opinions on stuff.. but I like the dynamic with mina and she has been solid when she has hopped on with le batard without the crew

amin is the only one I'm iffey on when he comes on lebatard.. sarah spain and torre are good.. foxworth is great and mina has been good

the other dude is easily replaceable

cote the GOAT

Last edited:
ESPN charges distributors a monthly fee of $7.21 per subscriber, and another 90 cents for ESPN2, according to SNL Kagan.

The cost for ESPN is up more than 120 percent from 2007, when it was $3.26 per subscriber.

Damn.

ESPN belongs in the fools wildin thread.

Damn.

ESPN belongs in the fools wildin thread.
NFL are a bunch a scammers.

They make ESPN pay them close to $2b a year so they can broadcast MNF, but:
Of the 17 “Monday Night Football” games played on ESPN in 2016, just two featured teams that would both go on to make the playoffs. 

All these firings yet Dan le Batard and his father are still doing a show from their kitchen.
mean.gif
laugh.gif
 Unbelievable  

Back
Top Bottom