All Time College Busts

Originally Posted by Durden7

Originally Posted by Im Not You

Well I knew JJ was a McD's AA,but there wasnt the "hype" that so many people in this thread have been mentiong. (Someone correct me if im wrong here)
There definitely was no "hype" for JJ Reddick as there would be for someone who was 1, 2, or 3 in their class. There was that next level "hype" for Shelden who was considered the cream of the crop in that Duke Class.
Wasnt Shavlik in that class as well?
Yes, he was. Shavlik was definately supposed the be "the guy" in that Duke Class.
smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif

Dude was a two-time Parade All-American and going into his senior season, was rated as the best high school basketball player in the nation.
smh.gif

Originally Posted by GUNNA GET IT

Patrick Turner is the definition of college Bust. Dude was #1 in the country in HS
[table][tr][td]Stats Overview[/td] [td]Receiving[/td] [td]Rushing[/td] [td]Fumbles[/td] [/tr][tr][td]YEAR[/td] [td]REC[/td] [td]YDS[/td] [td]AVG[/td] [td]LNG[/td] [td]TD[/td] [td]ATT[/td] [td]YDS[/td] [td]AVG[/td] [td]LNG[/td] [td]TD[/td] [td]FUM[/td] [td]LST[/td] [/tr][tr][td]2005[/td] [td]12[/td] [td]170[/td] [td]14.2[/td] [td]31[/td] [td]2[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]0.0[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]0[/td] [/tr][tr][td]2006[/td] [td]29[/td] [td]272[/td] [td]9.4[/td] [td]29[/td] [td]2[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]0.0[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]0[/td] [/tr][tr][td]2007[/td] [td]48[/td] [td]569[/td] [td]11.9[/td] [td]31[/td] [td]3[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]0.0[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]0[/td] [/tr][tr][td]2008[/td] [td]49[/td] [td]741[/td] [td]15.1[/td] [td]42[/td] [td]10[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]0.0[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]0[/td] [/tr][/table]
that guy was average.

I have to agree, when Turner came in people were acting like he was the second coming to Mike Williams
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by EnEyeKayEe

Originally Posted by Im Not You

Well I knew JJ was a McD's AA,but there wasnt the "hype" that so many people in this thread have been mentiong. (Someone correct me if im wrong here)
There definitely was no "hype" for JJ Reddick as there would be for someone who was 1, 2, or 3 in their class. There was that next level "hype" for Shelden who was considered the cream of the crop in that Duke Class.
Wasnt Shavlik in that class as well?
Yes, he was. Shavlik was definately supposed the be "the guy" in that Duke Class.
smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif

Dude was a two-time Parade All-American and going into his senior season, was rated as the best high school basketball player in the nation.
smh.gif

I'm still disappointed in the way he turned out
tired.gif

FIRST B0RN,

Mannn who you tellin. I was mad at Fat Phil Fulmer for losin such a great in state prospect to USC...

til I saw PT actually play.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by GUNNA GET IT

is that the 6'11 kid? who was supposed to be the best player Calhoun has ever seen...
Yea Gutta, that's him. Hype had _'s thinkin' he was gonna destroy the Big East off the rip.

Ended up getting hurt then falling in Calhoun dog. Transferred to Fairfield then took off for Europe. His situation was the reason why Luol didn't eventake a sniff at UConn.

Originally Posted by I NaSmatic I

Redick, Shel, Shavlik, Dockery and I think someone else.
My boy Lee Melchionni.
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

Nah it wasn't Lee, it was Mike Thompson. Played one year then transferred to Northwestern. Dude was very buns.

Lee was a walk on and wasn't considered part of that Fab 5 recruiting class.

Originally Posted by airmaxpenny1

Darell Scott looking like a bust...****** should have known better than to go to Boulder
Nah its all on him. he been in the program 2 yrs straight and aint have his fat @!% in shape twice comin off the summer. How dumb is that!

then to top it off, Rodnney Stewart is just a better RB than him.

How in the heck did I forget this guy? smh

adrian-mcpherson-pace-white.jpg

MR. Florida in football and basketball. Got arrested stealing shoes i think.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Fear The Ibis

How in the heck did I forget this guy? smh

adrian-mcpherson-pace-white.jpg

MR. Florida in football and basketball. Got arrested stealing shoes i think.
laugh.gif

McPherson had too much talent, smh

Originally Posted by romedadude

Miss me with that All-time college bust type @+++. I'm about to post a couple guys from the Atlanta area who had a lot of promise and amounted to nothing in college.

2931407.jpg

Solomon Tat. I remember seeing this dude in 2004 playing for Community Christian. They had a dream team of international players there. Dude was 6'5" 220, bullying anybody he wanted to on the way to the hole. Hasn't done anything at UVA.

08_gpc_vbanks.jpg

Vincent Banks (2003 Mr. Georgia Basketball)

Was supposed to go to Cincy back in 2005, but couldn't qualify academically and that was after spending 2003-04 at Laurinburg Prep. The picture above is from 2007-08 when he enrolled at Georgia Perimeter College (JUCO) as a freshman
eek.gif

I saw him play a couple games with GPC and he was lightin it up. He didn't play with them last year and I have no idea where he's at now.

EDIT: Highlights of Vincent Banks! Homie would pull up from NBA 3!

http://www.youtube.com/v/AtcFPloQcGI&rel=1http://www.youtube.com/v/AtcFPloQcGI&rel=1
^^^Go to 0:46
roll.gif

i came in here to post him. lol. dude was straight nasty. i hooped at a school that played them several time (westlake). he def crossed this one N_ and madehis shoe come off. anyways after the Cincy catastrophe he was supposed to go to The U but.....yeeeaaahhhh.

Originally Posted by Bigmike23

Originally Posted by Dwadefan

Originally Posted by haiti5

Michah Downs
Mustapha Shakur
Ndudi Ebi
David Padgett
Elijah Ingram
indifferent.gif

I disagree. Staf had a "Good" college career. Obviously didn't live up to the hype, but he started all 4 years and was consistent.
what the hell is the stoneface for?

dude was rated the best PG in his class

rated over guys like
CP3
Acie Law
Aaron brooks
Marcus Williams

and dude was a %!$$$*% BUM

Yeah he didn't live up to the hype, but he still had a "GOOD" College career. 4 Year Starter at the premier program in America for his position.Overrated? Yes. Bust? No

Originally Posted by zzz1035

I dont know if i would agree with Darius Washington Jr being labeled bust either.
Based on?

Just curious.
If he hits those free throws, son wouldn't even have been brought up.
laugh.gif
smh.gif

Amen.
frown.gif

Other than Nick Anderson, has anyones career been marked by free throws as bad as DWJ? The picture of him kneeling on the court with his head in his jerseygets me every time. Poor kid.

Back
Top Bottom