All Time College Busts

Originally Posted by StylishStef89

Originally Posted by dmbrhs

Originally Posted by Im Not You

As mentioned earlier...top prospects don't stay in school for 4 years.
Brandon Roy was a top prospect. How'd staying 4 years work out for him?
I thought Brandon Roy was only a 3 star recruit coming out of high school. Which explains why he stayed 4 years in the first place, wouldn't it?

I stopped reading this thread after the first 8 pages because nobody understood the topic at hand. I come back and people still don't get it? Wrap this#@*% up, B
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Ricardo Malta

Originally Posted by StylishStef89

I thought Brandon Roy was only a 3 star recruit coming out of high school. Which explains why he stayed 4 years in the first place, wouldn't it?

I stopped reading this thread after the first 8 pages because nobody understood the topic at hand. I come back and people still don't get it? Wrap this #@*% up, B
laugh.gif
I seriously want to know why he thought Roy was a top prospect tho...

As for the topic tho....

340x.jpg

This bum @%@ ___ went to HS for 6 years...and like 3 different colleges. They used to talk like this +*%!% was going straight out of HS

Iti was nothing more than a long armed shot blocker. He had a lot of hype at Charlotte too, talkin bout he was an NBA prospect.

Brandon Roy was a fringe top 50 prospect...who told you he was a top prospect?

That class was led by Melo, Stat, Bosh, Felton, Cooke, etc.

Edit - Anyone remember Brandon Roy putting his name in the draft coming out of HS and scouts were like they didn't even know who he was and that it must have been some type of publicity stunt?
Yup I remember Roy putting his name in...it's a damn good thing he didn't listen to the Sonics' assistant coach
laugh.gif

Patrick Turner is the definition of college Bust. Dude was #1 in the country in HS
[table][tr][td]Stats Overview[/td] [td]Receiving[/td] [td]Rushing[/td] [td]Fumbles[/td] [/tr][tr][td]YEAR[/td] [td]REC[/td] [td]YDS[/td] [td]AVG[/td] [td]LNG[/td] [td]TD[/td] [td]ATT[/td] [td]YDS[/td] [td]AVG[/td] [td]LNG[/td] [td]TD[/td] [td]FUM[/td] [td]LST[/td] [/tr][tr][td]2005[/td] [td]12[/td] [td]170[/td] [td]14.2[/td] [td]31[/td] [td]2[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]0.0[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]0[/td] [/tr][tr][td]2006[/td] [td]29[/td] [td]272[/td] [td]9.4[/td] [td]29[/td] [td]2[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]0.0[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]0[/td] [/tr][tr][td]2007[/td] [td]48[/td] [td]569[/td] [td]11.9[/td] [td]31[/td] [td]3[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]0.0[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]0[/td] [/tr][tr][td]2008[/td] [td]49[/td] [td]741[/td] [td]15.1[/td] [td]42[/td] [td]10[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]0.0[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]0[/td] [/tr][/table]
that guy was average.

Anybody in the state of CT or associated with UConn basketball will remember this name and how he was supposed to be the "savior":

Ajou Ajou Deng (Luol's big brother).

The hype was astronomical.

Ajou was buns. Remember when SI had that article on him before he even played a game. Ended up transferring to Fairfield, right?

Originally Posted by GUNNA GET IT

Patrick Turner is the definition of college Bust. Dude was #1 in the country in HS
[table][tr][td]Stats Overview[/td] [td]Receiving[/td] [td]Rushing[/td] [td]Fumbles[/td] [/tr][tr][td]YEAR[/td] [td]REC[/td] [td]YDS[/td] [td]AVG[/td] [td]LNG[/td] [td]TD[/td] [td]ATT[/td] [td]YDS[/td] [td]AVG[/td] [td]LNG[/td] [td]TD[/td] [td]FUM[/td] [td]LST[/td] [/tr][tr][td]2005[/td] [td]12[/td] [td]170[/td] [td]14.2[/td] [td]31[/td] [td]2[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]0.0[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]0[/td] [/tr][tr][td]2006[/td] [td]29[/td] [td]272[/td] [td]9.4[/td] [td]29[/td] [td]2[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]0.0[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]0[/td] [/tr][tr][td]2007[/td] [td]48[/td] [td]569[/td] [td]11.9[/td] [td]31[/td] [td]3[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]0.0[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]0[/td] [/tr][tr][td]2008[/td] [td]49[/td] [td]741[/td] [td]15.1[/td] [td]42[/td] [td]10[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]0.0[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]0[/td] [/tr][/table]
that guy was average.
He made plays when it counted!
mad.gif

Originally Posted by Ricardo Malta

Anybody in the state of CT or associated with UConn basketball will remember this name and how he was supposed to be the "savior":

Ajou Ajou Deng (Luol's big brother).

The hype was astronomical.

Wait...Malta...was this the dude that transferred to Fairfield?

eek.gif
laugh.gif
@ the Nyan Boateng mention....didn't this cat get stabbed by some girl at UF?

*I see Crooks said the same thing....

I seen Fairfield (and I think the Deng dude was on the squad) play SJU at Alumni back in the day...I think he had 8 or 9 blocks in that game
laugh.gif

**If you ever wanted to see "busts"/where are they now type cats, yall shoulda peeped when your school would scrimmage an "EA SportsAll-Star" team...I remember SJU played one of teams and there was one of the Barry brothers spotting up from just inside half court
roll.gif

laugh.gif
Brandon Roy was a 3* recruit and wasn't ranked Nationally coming outta high school, I don't think... The hell you mean by he was a top prospect?

Originally Posted by Durden7

Originally Posted by I NaSmatic I

JJ Redick could be a better example, but even then we all understand why he stayed all four years.

Wasnt a top prospect.
he was a mcd all american... def a top prospect.

and he killed in college.

i dont understand what either of you are saying...

Originally Posted by Nako XL

Originally Posted by I NaSmatic I

JJ Redick could be a better example, but even then we all understand why he stayed all four years.

Wasnt a top prospect.
he was a mcd all american... def a top prospect.

and he killed in college.

i dont understand what either of you are saying...
JJ was the MVP of the Mickey D game. He was def a top prospect & he def lived up to the hype IN COLLEGE as well.
pimp.gif

NaS was trying to say JJ is a better example than B Roy as far as top prospects that weren't busts staying 4 years goes (& he's correct).

JJ Reddick was a consensus top 25 guy coming out of HS...

In every HS class there are always guys like Reddick who are All Americans but aren't considered to be in that upper echelon of ELITE (Typically the top3-5 or even more considering on how deep the class is like in 07). Players like Hansbrough, Frasor (UNC), Kevin Bookout, etc. fall in that category.

The top 3-4 usually features guys that are on a completely differently level (Beasley, Rose, KG, Shard, Stat, Melo, Bron, just to name some elite prospectsover the years).

Generally when you're ranked 1-2 overall in your class...it is RARE to stay in school for 4 years and usually means things didn't go as planned.Actually of the guys who are ranked that high and actually went to school...I don't think there is a player besides Bogans that stayed in school for 4years in a LONG, LONG time. Kelvin Torbert is the only name I can think of.

Well I knew JJ was a McD's AA,but there wasnt the "hype" that so many people in this thread have been mentiong. (Someone correct me if im wronghere)

Well I knew JJ was a McD's AA,but there wasnt the "hype" that so many people in this thread have been mentiong. (Someone correct me if im wrong here)
There definitely was no "hype" for JJ Reddick as there would be for someone who was 1, 2, or 3 in their class. There was that next level"hype" for Shelden who was considered the cream of the crop in that Duke Class.

Well I knew JJ was a McD's AA,but there wasnt the "hype" that so many people in this thread have been mentiong. (Someone correct me if im wrong here)

JJ Redick had a RIDICULOUS pedigree heading into Duke. Ask anyone who is a UVA alum how it felt when he spurned the Cavs and went to Durham. There was SOmuch hype surrounding this dude.

*edit*

NVM...I see what u and ImNotYou are getting at....

He was a white boy that could shoot the lights out. He got as much hype as that type of player could possibly get. I remember dude KILLING inthe McDonald's game though.
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
...He def wasn't supposed/expected to be a 1 or even 2 & done prospectthough (& we all see why). I agree with OP on this one.

There definitely was no "hype" for JJ Reddick as there would be for someone who was 1, 2, or 3 in their class. There was that next level "hype" for Shelden who was considered the cream of the crop in that Duke Class.
Wasnt Shavlik in that class as well?

Back
Top Bottom