All Time College Busts

Originally Posted by Nako XL

iM COOL C wrote:

JASON GWANTLEY

I swear he used madden cards while he played... dude would break anything & everything..

him & brian cushing were some of the hardest to bring down backs i seen in HS personally..

but definitely Gwantley. Dude went to WV & caught a bad break going in with Slaton & White.. Should've gone to USC..
so many bust LI dudes. we're so hype about them coming out... then nothing. last i checked didn't he get cut at Post?
smh.gif

Oh and to keep with the LI/NYC theme...

image545238x.jpg

tho he was on a championship team...

and

Nyan_Boateng_at_2009_Cal_Fan_Appreciation_Day.JPG

eek.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
roll.gif

BOATENG.. SON SAID BOATENG..

I remember dude climbed the fence while wearing some Prada's his senior year.. I was a sophmore.. Since I was young on varsity I had to go get theclipboard & try to get someone to open the fence to let dude in.. (he came late & homie got dropped off in a bentley) long story short dudes beat uslike 63-7 (worst loss ever) we made the playoffs too
roll.gif
, but damn dude caught a 30 post route & QB threw him the ball behind, but dude just stuck hishands back full speed & stride caught it like it was nothing.. SON I WAS DYING..

Last I saw he was at Florida after Urban Meyer would actually come to Brooklyn to visit his @+%... Then he got stabbed by his girl in the leg & got droppedfrom UF now he at Cal injured.. SMH same year as Desean Jackson, Fred Rouse, Derrick Williams & them n's..

College busts as far as NY go?? David Legree???

Originally Posted by Nowitness41Dirk

Originally Posted by Statis22

Ryan Perrilloux and Stephen McGee gets appreciation too.
McGee wasn't his fault, though... Dude thought he was comin to A&M to fling the ball around like Reggie McNeal did, and Fran flipped the script and went to that zone read option *#*%#+++ and wasted him away... McGee was one of the best high school passing quarterbacks Texas had ever seen at Burnet... Him and Shipley straight killed dudes... And Fran turned him into a runner because he was a good athlete and McGee just took too many hits and got beat to hell...

You want an A&M bust, you gotta look no further than Martellus Bennett.
laugh.gif
Franchione's inability to get him involved is mind-blowing...

I did find that funny how you have a pro-set QB in Stephen McGee, an I form back in Javorskie Lane, and ran a read option lol

Even though J Train was a touchdown beast his 1st 3 years. A guy who I used to take a class with a few years ago told me about how stupid good Burnet was.

04_24_illinois_lg.jpg

Frank Williams. I was a huge fan of the dude when he was ballin at U of I and now he's Swayze. And where's Troy Bell now?

Originally Posted by Statis22

I did find that funny how you have a pro-set QB in Stephen McGee, an I form back in Javorskie Lane, and ran a read option lol

Even though J Train was a touchdown beast his 1st 3 years. A guy who I used to take a class with a few years ago told me about how stupid good Burnet was.
laugh.gif
Exactly... Throw Martellus Bennett in there, too... Theyhad pro-style personnel and were running that *#@!%##@ option offense...

And yeah, that Burnet team was nice.
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Nowitness41Dirk

laugh.gif
Exactly... Throw Martellus Bennett in there, too... They had pro-style personnel and were running that *#@!%##@ option offense...

And yeah, that Burnet team was nice.
pimp.gif
And to think Martellus almost threw his name in the NBA Draft. He was good but he wasn't THAT GOOD.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by romedadude

Troy Bell....Frank Williams....Adam Morrison???? College Busts?
WORD...dudes are either ******ed or are late to the party & can't think of anyone.
laugh.gif
smh.gif

Originally Posted by shabooyah1124

04_24_illinois_lg.jpg

Frank Williams. I was a huge fan of the dude when he was ballin at U of I and now he's Swayze. And where's Troy Bell now?
Damn... a couple pages in and people still don't get the question
laugh.gif
. How were Frank Williams and Troy Bell college bust.

Originally Posted by Nako XL

Originally Posted by GUNNA GET IT

If Im reading it correctly, dude was not calling Eric crouch a bust...

yeah they're misreading it.

he was saying calling ken dorsey a bust cuz he was a meh pro is like calling eric crouch a bust cuz he couldnt get on the field in the pros either.

hes saying its a stupid thing to say.
checkmate

Originally Posted by MayhemMonkey000

Originally Posted by shabooyah1124

04_24_illinois_lg.jpg

Damn... a couple 17 pages in and people still don't get the question
laugh.gif
. How were Frank Williams and Troy Bell college bust.
*fixed
roll.gif
smh.gif
indifferent.gif

Miss me with that All-time college bust type @+++. I'm about to post a couple guys from the Atlanta area who had a lot of promise and amounted to nothingin college.

2931407.jpg

Solomon Tat. I remember seeing this dude in 2004 playing for Community Christian. They had a dream team of international players there. Dude was 6'5"220, bullying anybody he wanted to on the way to the hole. Hasn't done anything at UVA.

08_gpc_vbanks.jpg

Vincent Banks (2003 Mr. Georgia Basketball)

Was supposed to go to Cincy back in 2005, but couldn't qualify academically and that was after spending 2003-04 at Laurinburg Prep. The picture above isfrom 2007-08 when he enrolled at Georgia Perimeter College (JUCO) as a freshman
eek.gif

I saw him play a couple games with GPC and he was lightin it up. He didn't play with them last year and I have no idea where he's at now.

EDIT: Highlights of Vincent Banks! Homie would pull up from NBA 3!

http://www.youtube.com/v/AtcFPloQcGI&rel=1http://www.youtube.com/v/AtcFPloQcGI&rel=1
^^^Go to 0:46
roll.gif

When I was in 7th grade Evan Burns was the man at fairfax. He was my counslor at two different basketball camps and I was sure he was going to the NBA

Nothing in my mind compares to JaRon Rush. Left UCLA way to early then became an alcoholic. I remember people saying he was the next kobe and sh%$. That has tobe one of he most talented set of brothers to play the game tho. Its a shame kareem fell off after killing it at mizzou. Hopefully brandon can do something forthe pacers
e8e35b3de64b76dc106efd6047fc8b99b575cf5.jpg

11-04-06-Patrick-Turner.jpg

You gotta be a bust if you was rated the #1 receiver coming out of his class, recruited from Nashville all the way to SC, and end up being second fiddle toDwayne freaking Jarret and Fred Davis
laugh.gif

EDIT: I guess he balled out with 10 TD's senior season but only had 49 catches....

Originally Posted by tSamShoX

11-04-06-Patrick-Turner.jpg

You gotta be a bust if you was rated the #1 receiver coming out of his class, recruited from Nashville all the way to SC, and end up being second fiddle to Dwayne freaking Jarret and Fred Davis
laugh.gif

EDIT: I guess he balled out with 10 TD's senior season but only had 49 catches....

eyes.gif
you think patrick turner was a bust...?

f0bb283fb05ab354fcda3b3114612d13_custom_665xauto.jpg

Originally Posted by Im Not You

As mentioned earlier...top prospects don't stay in school for 4 years.
Brandon Roy was a top prospect. How'd staying 4 years work out for him?

Frank Williams? Wow. Moving on.

laugh.gif
David Legree. He transferred out of Syracuse this spring and goes to Hampton now. He should have never came here to begin with the rumors floating aroundthat Robinson might be canned early as well as Andrew Robinson and Cam Dantley sharing snaps. Greg Paulus getting the starting job pretty much sealed the dealregarding his future here.

Originally Posted by dmbrhs

I thought Brandon Roy was only a 3 star recruit coming out of high school. Which explains why he stayed 4 years in the first place, wouldn'tit?

Originally Posted by dmbrhs

Brandon Roy was a fringe top 50 prospect...who told you he was a top prospect?

That class was led by Melo, Stat, Bosh, Felton, Cooke, etc.

Edit - Anyone remember Brandon Roy putting his name in the draft coming out of HS and scouts were like they didn't even know who he was and that it musthave been some type of publicity stunt?

Back
Top Bottom