All Time College Busts

Originally Posted by Al3xis

164947.jpg

Demetrius
smh.gif

Probably unknown to a lot of yall here, but I gotta throw my man Terrance Roberson on this list...

According to Street & Smith, he was a first team All-American...along with KG, Ron Mercer(probably can add him to this bust list as well), Marbury and Vince Carter.

Terrance Roberson
6-8 forward Buena Vista High School, Saginaw, Mich.
A three-time Parade All-American, Terrance Roberson joined Patrick Ewing, Kenny Anderson and Alonzo Mourning as the only players to achieve the honor.

"Being that young, I didn't know the importance of being a Parade All-American," he says today.

His senior year at Buena Vista High in Saginaw, Mich., Roberson averaged 25 points and 14 rebounds and selected Fresno State because of its legendary coach, Jerry Tarkanian. "I grew up a Michigan Wolverine fan, but I always wanted to play for him [Tarkanian]," Roberson says.

With the Bulldogs, Roberson continued to put up strong numbers, especially as a junior when he averaged 14.6 points and 4.9 rebounds, and shot 46 percent from the field.

However, his numbers declined his senior year, as he averaged 12.3 points on just 40-percent shooting. "I never showed my full potential at Fresno State," Roberson recalls.
Roberson tried breaking into the NBA and had a short stint with the Charlotte Hornets (New Orleans). He also played with the Harlem Globetrotters and several minor-league teams before taking his skills overseas.
That Fresno team was fun to watch...Skip, Chris Herron, Winfred Walton, T Robe, and Tremaine Folkes
laugh.gif
I remember one year they had the reality show....comedy

I'd say Bobby Reid from North Shore but he didn't get a fair shake at OSU imo

A couple of friends of mine knew Tack Minor wasn't gonna make it. Dude was a hot heat in middle school

Reggie Youngblood from Booker T. who went to Miami, didn't remember hearing anything about him while he was there.

Ndudi Ebi, best HS basketball player i have ever seen (Daniel Ewing a close 2nd) getting just terrible advice

All bad
smh.gif

Joe Forte has his number retired at UNC...he wasn't even anywhere remotely close to being a bust....

How about Majestic and Scientific Mapp?

jk....I just wanted to post their names
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

Joe Forte has his number retired at UNC...he wasn't even anywhere remotely close to being a bust....
Is his number retired, or is his jersey just hanging in the rafters?

I Understand he's only a sophmore, but he has yet to make an impact imo, and this +%%@# was like a machine when i seen him in hs. Made a bold statement toa friend of mine that he'd be a top 5 pick after his junior season.
ohwell.gif

541276.jpg

This clown can't even touch the field. Stock has been dropping since the beginning of his SR. Year in hs. Started as the #11 player in the nation, droppedto 99 by the end of the year.
sick.gif

kornx.jpg

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

832665.jpeg

Rod Rhodes...dude was the #1 player in the class of '91, a lot of people thought he was better than J Kidd.

Originally Posted by MBen32

This clown can't even touch the field. Stock has been dropping since the beginning of his SR. Year in hs. Started as the #11 player in the nation, dropped to 99 by the end of the year.
sick.gif

kornx.jpg
Whats the deal with Korn? Why isnt he playing?

Originally Posted by Durden7

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

Is his number retired, or is his jersey just hanging in the rafters?
Jersey retired...never the less, that's an impressive feat especially at a school like UNC

Originally Posted by MBen32

I Understand he's only a sophmore, but he has yet to make an impact imo, and this +%%@# was like a machine when i seen him in hs. Made a bold statement to a friend of mine that he'd be a top 5 pick after his junior season.
ohwell.gif

541276.jpg
N' got 30 + tackles, 8 TFL and like 4 sacks son. As a SDE.

nerd.gif

Originally Posted by MayhemMonkey000

U1614P6T12D2310892F44DT20060628130624.jpg
James Flight
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
...is he still with the spurs/rockets/hanging on in the league by a thread, etc.
nerd.gif
laugh.gif

&
laugh.gif
@ dudes throwing around JoeForte's name in here. Hopefully you _'s didn't understand the topic. If so,
indifferent.gif

Mike Jones for the Terps raising his hand.
laugh.gif
BUST for sure.

I will just do the USC roll call:

Herchel Dennis - Enormous hype, blew out his knees, too many injuries plus that fumble against Cal
smh.gif
. One of the best games I've seen, and he fumbledin OT. Led to a split title.

Chris Doyle - Who?

Whitney Lewis - Could never get his %+*$ together, transferred to Northern Iowa, was never heard from again.

Jeff Shweiger - Big buzz coming from San Jose, never really did much. Transferred to San Jose State.

Vidal Hazelton - Still has a shot to turn it around in Cincinnati, didn't do much at USC.

Jamere Holland - Highly touted receiving class, he too transferred (Oregon).

Emmanuel Moody - Outplayed by other RB's, didn't get much burn. Transferred to Florida to get more carries (
laugh.gif
).

Marc Tyler - Highly touted RB out of Thousand Oaks. Due to injuries, has not been able to crack the RB rotation. Has looked good in mop up duty.

Back
Top Bottom