Allen Iverson is retiring...Vol: Lets make it a tribute thread, 1996-2009

He'll be back... he cant go out like this
smh.gif

An incredible player that gave his all. I don't know if he didn't have the right people around him or what, but he has been feeling himself way toomuch for way too long. I know he feels like he should be starting, but there's more to the game than being a starter. Part of his reputation he soured forhimself ...

iverson was a huge part of my childhood...and he is a big reason for my love of the game....this is a sad day for me

I respect this move. AI always said he would never gonna chase a ring. thanks for not goin the Gary Payton route.

pimp.gif

I think it's a punk move on his part. Start or retire, really? He was fun to watch though.

This makes me feel extremely old.
ohwell.gif

First superstar whose career I followed from beginning to end. First real post-Jordan superstar to hang em up.

Yeah, does this mean that Reebok is over now, or is NY's Galinari going to carry the torch (LOL)?

all heart (and pride SMH).....i wish him well post nba wise

cant wait for rat-faced weasel bryant to be gone....thatll be the day.

Originally Posted by FIRST B0RN

It's just too bad AI didn't have a different outlook and approach in life.
in life? Basketball I can agree, but When you get down to it, he's a good person.

He's made mistakes, but on the other side nobody would EVER know how much this guy gave back to communities because he never asked for it to be known.

Allen Iverson spoke pretty openly about the NBA and charity. "I just look forward to doing it. I don't need all the publicity that comes with it. I don't need that. When it's time for me to get toward that gate, either He [is] gonna say, 'Come in,' or He [is] gonna say, 'Turn around.' And a camera won't decide whether I get in or not."
pimp.gif

When tons of NBA stars passed on the Olympics in 04, who took it as an honor? Allen Iverson. Yet he's still even scrutinized for his appearance on theteam.

With some rumors about financial trouble, for him to just retire now...the man must have some pride to just want no parts of the bench. In some strange way, Irespect that.

allen-iverson_fn.jpg

smokin.gif
..he'll be missed.

my favorite ai moment was when he represented the usa in the olympics after the other superstars bailed out. it sucks that he has to go out like this.

Originally Posted by BennyBlanko

my favorite ai moment was when he represented the usa in the olympics after the other superstars bailed out. it sucks that he has to go out like this.
Truth man, people blame him but they fail to realize about 90% of the players from the year before were too scared.

This man has been my favorite player ever since he put on a Sixers jersey, I just wished the Sixers would've signed him and let him retire as one

I can officially say I don't care about the nba anymore ... my idol is done and I am done ... wack %@+ refs and even wacker stars ... the game will neverbe the same ...

Jalen Rose and Jamal Mashburn just went in on NBA Shootaround.

Mash: "Outside of 5-6 teams in the NBA the rest have no reason not to sign Iverson. They are on the brink playoff teams that are in desperate need ofscoring and AI brings it. Also from a business standpoint he's only asking for $3 million. Teams are saying they are building for the future but most ofthese teams have no future."

Damn damn damn.

This guy influenced my game as a kid and I appreicate everything this man has done for the league.

I hate to see him go out like this...don't do it Ivey.

The hood's most iconic basketball player of my generation and my favorite baller of ALL TIME has called it quits...

...a sad day indeed.

I remember when I met this dude in Bluezette in Philly years back and was amazed. How in the @!!* was this dude who was only about an inch taller than megoin' up against Shaq and throwin' his body out there night after night like it was nuthin'?

How did this dude who some say was even better at football rise to the top of the L like that? And how did he keep it so 100 and humble with a nobody likemyself?

You got plenty people on this board who hate Ivo and won't do nuthin' but tell Illie "good riddance" - I call them all mark *!# busters...

...respect given to my favorite to ever step foot on the court.

Back
Top Bottom