Allen Iverson is retiring...Vol: Lets make it a tribute thread, 1996-2009

SMH @ Steve Francis, Stephon Marbury & Allen Iverson all being out of the league while in their early 30's.

Monta Ellis watch your back...

THEY are coming for you next

One of the most exciting players to ever play the game, you will be missed.

Should have swallowed his pride and go to an elite team for a ring
smh.gif

Originally Posted by Mamba MVP

Sad way to go out...

one of the best to ever do it though.
This

Still have a feeling we will see in the NBA again
nerd.gif

(call me crazy)

its unfortunate , but it happens to alot...now if the others in the NBA will follow: IE Shaq, Mcgrady, Fisher, Rasheed Wallace

When I think of iverson ill remember a tremendous 2000-01 season showcasing his talent against vince carter in the playoffs. What a series.

Originally Posted by CP3isdatruth

When I think of iverson ill remember a tremendous 2000-01 season showcasing his talent against vince carter in the playoffs. What a series.

pimp.gif

Reading that "speech" gave me chills....I still remember clearly in my mind his days in GTown and his rookie/early years with the sixers!

Damn it's been 13 years?! Wow! It was an honor watching him play...I'll never forget the way he destroyed my Lakers in game 1. I wouldve been rootingfor them if they played any other team.

That year too, the playoff battle between him and VC was EPIC!!!
eek.gif
one of the best series I've watched

Originally Posted by DoubleRdipin

its unfortunate , but it happens to alot...now if the others in the NBA will follow: IE Shaq, Mcgrady, Fisher, Rasheed Wallace
Shaq needs to be next along with McGrady

Every player you named can still put up numbers in todays game....
grin.gif

i hope he comes back out of retirement, especially with my team.
i know dude has a lot left in his tank.
sad it had to end this way...

It has been an honor. Seriously. Just wish he could have bought into the system. But I can respect him retiring instead of messing up another locker room.

Of course he will be back

Originally Posted by Al3xis

Allen Iverson spoke pretty openly about the NBA and charity. "I just look forward to doing it. I don't need all the publicity that comes with it. I don't need that. When it's time for me to get toward that gate, either He [is] gonna say, 'Come in,' or He [is] gonna say, 'Turn around.' And a camera won't decide whether I get in or not."

Thats real

Originally Posted by KayCurrency

I don't call averaging between 12ppg-15ppg to be spectatular, hell their are guys on the bench you can muster up those stats.. I would too if I played 30-35 mion a game.. Totally Sub Par...

Every player you named can still put up numbers in todays game....
grin.gif

did somebody say AI's having financial trouble!? I hope Olympiakos or whatever comes calling with a decent contract so his stubborn *** doesn't end upbroke as a joke like Latrell Sprewell...

It'd be sad to see AI end up like Spree, or even Antoine Walker, what with their financial probs all over the media...

Back
Top Bottom