Almost 3 months in and i gotta say...working at footlocker is awesome.

Dang man I hate to repeat what's been said the last 3 pages but trust me bro u still jus a noob with the company.

Don't get it wrong I'm happy to work there but by no means am I satisfied... I been working for Footlocker Inc for almost a Zealand a half n havent really been feeling it for a year. I went from a 2.5 million dollar store to a under 1mil store so I jus go in like once a week to keep my discount. Honestly without that is have been quit. It jus ain't worth it for me any more.

Dang man I hate to repeat what's been said the last 3 pages but trust me bro u still jus a noob with the company.

Don't get it wrong I'm happy to work there but by no means am I satisfied... I been working for Footlocker Inc for almost a Zealand a half n havent really been feeling it for a year. I went from a 2.5 million dollar store to a under 1mil store so I jus go in like once a week to keep my discount. Honestly without that is have been quit. It jus ain't worth it for me any more.

Originally Posted by Dmvbatman

frown.gif
always wanted to work in footlocker.....
me 2

lol, i worked for champs sports for 3 years ,and tell me it is the best job for the FIRST 3 MONTHS. After that, it is all bs. You have stingy people who take your sales, managers who will change and get on you about your metrics and goals. Your gonna get sick of the environment trust me. Maybe your different but thats just my experience.

lol, i worked for champs sports for 3 years ,and tell me it is the best job for the FIRST 3 MONTHS. After that, it is all bs. You have stingy people who take your sales, managers who will change and get on you about your metrics and goals. Your gonna get sick of the environment trust me. Maybe your different but thats just my experience.

i wanna know what markets some of yall worked at? $250/week + 5%? i wouldve made a killing, i was at $300/week + 2% and i was top book averaging 12k a week in sales =(

i wanna know what markets some of yall worked at? $250/week + 5%? i wouldve made a killing, i was at $300/week + 2% and i was top book averaging 12k a week in sales =(

Originally Posted by LetItShine24

man it's crazy looking back at this thread, it makes me think how naive and upbeat i was when i was 17-18 and working retail. i didn't know any better
laugh.gif
  but i wanna see where this thread is in about 6 months from now. if op is still happy and thinks it's the best job in the world then what more can i say other then i'm happy for him if he's enjoying himself.

Originally Posted by LetItShine24

man it's crazy looking back at this thread, it makes me think how naive and upbeat i was when i was 17-18 and working retail. i didn't know any better
laugh.gif
  but i wanna see where this thread is in about 6 months from now. if op is still happy and thinks it's the best job in the world then what more can i say other then i'm happy for him if he's enjoying himself.

Originally Posted by MrWavez

Originally Posted by scshift

What's your job like and how old do you have to be to work there? I really want a job at a footlocker/finishline/niketown but there aren't any close to me and I'm clueless as to what it's like.

I have a bad feeling though that all I'm going to be dealing with is kids who want to try on jordans but never end up having the cash to buy them. Does look fun though.

Its cool bro. All u gotta be is 16...I just turned 17. Yea that does happen where the kids just try on *!%! and leave but its not very often plus its still good to let them try stuff on cuz they usually come back with their parents. And honestly bro the job is how you make it. If you work hard and hustle you will get top notch hours and pay. If you slouch and be lazy u'll be stuck with little hours and wack pay. And if you do decide to apply go for the most busiest mall around. I'm in houston and our busiest mall is the galleria(plus they got a house of hoops) but I'm in the 2nd busiest(somewhat) mall. Sbut yea its realy fun being around shoes and u learn a lot of stuff.
wha mall in houston?

from the H, could use a seasonal job with something in the summer when i get back from school in ATX

Originally Posted by scshift

What's your job like and how old do you have to be to work there? I really want a job at a footlocker/finishline/niketown but there aren't any close to me and I'm clueless as to what it's like.

I have a bad feeling though that all I'm going to be dealing with is kids who want to try on jordans but never end up having the cash to buy them. Does look fun though.

Its cool bro. All u gotta be is 16...I just turned 17. Yea that does happen where the kids just try on *!%! and leave but its not very often plus its still good to let them try stuff on cuz they usually come back with their parents. And honestly bro the job is how you make it. If you work hard and hustle you will get top notch hours and pay. If you slouch and be lazy u'll be stuck with little hours and wack pay. And if you do decide to apply go for the most busiest mall around. I'm in houston and our busiest mall is the galleria(plus they got a house of hoops) but I'm in the 2nd busiest(somewhat) mall. Sbut yea its realy fun being around shoes and u learn a lot of stuff.
wha mall in houston?

from the H, could use a seasonal job with something in the summer when i get back from school in ATX

It's a good job if you're in op's situation. As a former am, that %$*% sucks. Easy money and great co-workers but working in a top priority store is ridiculous. Multiple mandatory 14 hour days, no weekends/days off for extended periods of time, etc. They do internships in the corporate departments (buyers, finance, etc)...at least in NY

It's a good job if you're in op's situation. As a former am, that %$*% sucks. Easy money and great co-workers but working in a top priority store is ridiculous. Multiple mandatory 14 hour days, no weekends/days off for extended periods of time, etc. They do internships in the corporate departments (buyers, finance, etc)...at least in NY

I'm still on pay roll for Footlocker. It is a decent money maker if you approach it right. It's easy to make it to the top, but have one bad audit, RIP.

I'm still on pay roll for Footlocker. It is a decent money maker if you approach it right. It's easy to make it to the top, but have one bad audit, RIP.

After reading through this thread. They're all honest. Don't make it a career especially if you can make it through college. If you are the local type of cat then by all means move up. You can still make a good career if you're in a high volume store. I worked in a SLOW store, it was fun because of the co coworkers, but I could barely hit the $600 mark. I can make that doing random stuff now.

After reading through this thread. They're all honest. Don't make it a career especially if you can make it through college. If you are the local type of cat then by all means move up. You can still make a good career if you're in a high volume store. I worked in a SLOW store, it was fun because of the co coworkers, but I could barely hit the $600 mark. I can make that doing random stuff now.

Damn. For those asking I'm in baybrook not memorial...btw the "unrealistic" amount of accessories you gotta sell isn't really that annoying to me at all...our AMs push us a lot and we get most of everything on point. my fav thing to sell is insoles though.
I've never been to the Baybrook one, ya'll got any old schools in the back?

Damn. For those asking I'm in baybrook not memorial...btw the "unrealistic" amount of accessories you gotta sell isn't really that annoying to me at all...our AMs push us a lot and we get most of everything on point. my fav thing to sell is insoles though.
I've never been to the Baybrook one, ya'll got any old schools in the back?

Back
Top Bottom