Almost 3 months in and i gotta say...working at footlocker is awesome.

Damn. For those asking I'm in baybrook not memorial...btw the "unrealistic" amount of accessories you gotta sell isn't really that annoying to me at all...our AMs push us a lot and we get most of everything on point. my fav thing to sell is insoles though.

Originally Posted by s0leFUNK

Originally Posted by MrWavez

I made a thread a while back. Y'all remember? I was saying that I got an interview then I made another saying I finally got the job. Mannn...its awesome I still don't know why some of y'all were saying that working there sucks. I get a lot of hours and I'm the top salesman. I'm hoping to get moved up to AM then store manager and eventually becoming district manager(gotta research how much guap they making though)later on in life...but yea. Love this job. Any other employees feel the way I do?
Oh you naive lil newbies.  Gotta love the ambition though
laugh.gif

I worked there for over 4 years at 3 different stores.  Worked under 2 DMs, maybe 7 managers, and God knows how many AMs, FTs, and PTs.  Your experience depends HEAVILY on your manager.  Hypocritical and passive managers are the WORST because you ultimately end up picking up someone else's load.  Be it other PTs or theirs.

I was hired as a stock boy but did sales too.  Started at 7/hr but got bumped to 8.25 after a couple months because the AM that took over my 1st store could only depend on me.  Son looked out for me
pimp.gif
.  Salesmen were started at 6.15 + $1 per $100 sold commission.  EA was also a great side bonus
nerd.gif

In my experience, the BS outweighed the good times.  Bad audits, in-store thieves,  surviving mass firings, holiday season rush
sick.gif
.  My 2nd DM tried to lower my pay after I worked open-close everyday during Spring Break week.  Made more than the manager that week
laugh.gif
.  Wanted to convert me to FT but I had school plus I would have made less...  Outside of all that I met a lot of cool people.  Some I'm still cool with to this day. 

Eventually the BS got to be too much and I needed to focus on school so I left.  Saved up enough money to survive for a while.  Retail sucks period no matter where you work.  But as long as you got a cool and capable staff then it's not as bad.

I wish you the best man but just know 3 months is no time.  You'll have your ups and downs.  Just dont say I (we) never told you so      

This!

At my last job, the only thing that got me through the work day was the fact that I loved most of the people I worked with. After a while not even that was enough for me to stay. I hate retail so much
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif

And cosign on that 1 and a half year wall we hit. At that point I hated, hated my job so much that I was giving #*%! to customers for free at the registers. I just couldnt care anymore. That place was killing my soul it felt.

Originally Posted by s0leFUNK

I made a thread a while back. Y'all remember? I was saying that I got an interview then I made another saying I finally got the job. Mannn...its awesome I still don't know why some of y'all were saying that working there sucks. I get a lot of hours and I'm the top salesman. I'm hoping to get moved up to AM then store manager and eventually becoming district manager(gotta research how much guap they making though)later on in life...but yea. Love this job. Any other employees feel the way I do?
Oh you naive lil newbies.  Gotta love the ambition though
laugh.gif

I worked there for over 4 years at 3 different stores.  Worked under 2 DMs, maybe 7 managers, and God knows how many AMs, FTs, and PTs.  Your experience depends HEAVILY on your manager.  Hypocritical and passive managers are the WORST because you ultimately end up picking up someone else's load.  Be it other PTs or theirs.

I was hired as a stock boy but did sales too.  Started at 7/hr but got bumped to 8.25 after a couple months because the AM that took over my 1st store could only depend on me.  Son looked out for me
pimp.gif
.  Salesmen were started at 6.15 + $1 per $100 sold commission.  EA was also a great side bonus
nerd.gif

In my experience, the BS outweighed the good times.  Bad audits, in-store thieves,  surviving mass firings, holiday season rush
sick.gif
.  My 2nd DM tried to lower my pay after I worked open-close everyday during Spring Break week.  Made more than the manager that week
laugh.gif
.  Wanted to convert me to FT but I had school plus I would have made less...  Outside of all that I met a lot of cool people.  Some I'm still cool with to this day. 

Eventually the BS got to be too much and I needed to focus on school so I left.  Saved up enough money to survive for a while.  Retail sucks period no matter where you work.  But as long as you got a cool and capable staff then it's not as bad.

I wish you the best man but just know 3 months is no time.  You'll have your ups and downs.  Just dont say I (we) never told you so      

This!

At my last job, the only thing that got me through the work day was the fact that I loved most of the people I worked with. After a while not even that was enough for me to stay. I hate retail so much
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif

And cosign on that 1 and a half year wall we hit. At that point I hated, hated my job so much that I was giving #*%! to customers for free at the registers. I just couldnt care anymore. That place was killing my soul it felt.

i worked at footlocker for 4 years and it was a love/hate type thing but that was a high school job i could not do that +$@% anymore.. but am glad you like it and i hope everything works out for you!

i worked at footlocker for 4 years and it was a love/hate type thing but that was a high school job i could not do that +$@% anymore.. but am glad you like it and i hope everything works out for you!

congrats. I keep applying online for Assistant Manager positions in NYC online but I never get a call back

congrats. I keep applying online for Assistant Manager positions in NYC online but I never get a call back

Damn. For those asking I'm in baybrook not memorial...btw the "unrealistic" amount of accessories you gotta sell isn't really that annoying to me at all...our AMs push us a lot and we get most of everything on point. my fav thing to sell is insoles though.

Yea insoles are probably the toughest to sell, so it's fun when you get one. I remember one day I sold 4 insoles in like 3 hours and I work at a Kids FL.

Yea insoles are probably the toughest to sell, so it's fun when you get one. I remember one day I sold 4 insoles in like 3 hours and I work at a Kids FL.

I hope you arent that guy that sees a customer rocking J's and wants to go over the history of the shoes and release dates
30t6p3b.gif
. When I go in I just want to get my shoes and go home. I used to work in a shoe store and it was not something I'd want to make a career out of

I hope you arent that guy that sees a customer rocking J's and wants to go over the history of the shoes and release dates
30t6p3b.gif
. When I go in I just want to get my shoes and go home. I used to work in a shoe store and it was not something I'd want to make a career out of

Originally Posted by J23S

30t6p3b.gif

True.. I worked at footlocker from 05 till 09 and I was liking it because of the people not the work...A brotha can only like shoes but so much...but EA
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
I would walk out sometimes with 200 -300 cash...

But nah OP ..if you really want to make it a career, then you're doing the right thing work hard...and show potential...

also let your manager know that you want to move up ...don't just wait to get promoted...

30t6p3b.gif

True.. I worked at footlocker from 05 till 09 and I was liking it because of the people not the work...A brotha can only like shoes but so much...but EA
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
I would walk out sometimes with 200 -300 cash...

But nah OP ..if you really want to make it a career, then you're doing the right thing work hard...and show potential...

also let your manager know that you want to move up ...don't just wait to get promoted...

30t6p3b.gif

HELL NO. believe it or not its the other way around and those are the customers you stay away from...a !+@@# will sit there and burn up 10 to 15 min asking you about some damn release dates or colorways etc. when you could be infact helping the middle-aged marathon runner who wants some asics
pimp.gif

btw dtb00201, you got 4 at a kids footlocker? that must be tough. last saturday though i got 10 and 11 this saturday

30t6p3b.gif

HELL NO. believe it or not its the other way around and those are the customers you stay away from...a !+@@# will sit there and burn up 10 to 15 min asking you about some damn release dates or colorways etc. when you could be infact helping the middle-aged marathon runner who wants some asics
pimp.gif

btw dtb00201, you got 4 at a kids footlocker? that must be tough. last saturday though i got 10 and 11 this saturday

Back
Top Bottom