Almost 3 months in and i gotta say...working at footlocker is awesome.

Originally Posted by Fifteen

3 months?  of course you still love it you arent involved in any of the politics yet lol

k ill keep its real for ya brah..

i started as a peeon at footlocker and moved up to asm and then manager in training before i decided to call it quits.

working at footlocker is cool if you have no financial responsibilities and have little to no actual bills to pay which i didnt at the time.  as an ASM i was making salary of $250/week plus 5% commision.  i was the top sales person at each store i worked at and still was making less than $20k per year. 

its definitely not worth it considering the hours you have to put in.  i worked numerous open to close shifts, 50+ hours a week and bringing home a measley $650 paycheck or less just isnt worth the hours and effort.  oh yeah doing inventory sucks major balls and especially working inventory at a store that isnt even yours and not getting paid for it...that will happen on the regular my friend...those are the type of things that will be expected of you..

take it for what it is - a job to earn a little cash while you are in high school or college

take advantage of your discount and even swipe some freebies if you get a chance lol...

enjoy the mall culture and all that but dont make a career out of it my friend the job and pay are not worth the hours and responsibility - get you @$* in school and get a REAL job
Thats all?  When i worked at champs, i made 375 a week and 2% shoes commission and 5% for everything else at the top store here .....After commission i was making 30-35 a year as an AM (It was a high traffic store and i worked all major releases too, we got the most pairs in the city and got every major FL release and quickstrike and LE releases.) 

3 months?  of course you still love it you arent involved in any of the politics yet lol

i started as a peeon at footlocker and moved up to asm and then manager in training before i decided to call it quits.

working at footlocker is cool if you have no financial responsibilities and have little to no actual bills to pay which i didnt at the time.  as an ASM i was making salary of $250/week plus 5% commision.  i was the top sales person at each store i worked at and still was making less than $20k per year. 

its definitely not worth it considering the hours you have to put in.  i worked numerous open to close shifts, 50+ hours a week and bringing home a measley $650 paycheck or less just isnt worth the hours and effort.  oh yeah doing inventory sucks major balls and especially working inventory at a store that isnt even yours and not getting paid for it...that will happen on the regular my friend...those are the type of things that will be expected of you..

take it for what it is - a job to earn a little cash while you are in high school or college

take advantage of your discount and even swipe some freebies if you get a chance lol...

enjoy the mall culture and all that but dont make a career out of it my friend the job and pay are not worth the hours and responsibility - get you @$* in school and get a REAL job
Thats all?  When i worked at champs, i made 375 a week and 2% shoes commission and 5% for everything else at the top store here .....After commission i was making 30-35 a year as an AM (It was a high traffic store and i worked all major releases too, we got the most pairs in the city and got every major FL release and quickstrike and LE releases.) 

^Word up.
I'm glad that you're happy and enthusiastic about your job and everything OP,but just wait until you get close to being there for a year and we'll see if you have the same attitude about your job.
I don't know what the +$$% it is about that 1 year mark man,but i'm telling you...
%%@$ CHANGES and not for the better.It usually starts with the management.Don't get too buddy buddy with those #!!%!##!.I don't care how nice they SEEM you can't trust them and they WILL replace your $++.

^Word up.
I'm glad that you're happy and enthusiastic about your job and everything OP,but just wait until you get close to being there for a year and we'll see if you have the same attitude about your job.
I don't know what the +$$% it is about that 1 year mark man,but i'm telling you...
%%@$ CHANGES and not for the better.It usually starts with the management.Don't get too buddy buddy with those #!!%!##!.I don't care how nice they SEEM you can't trust them and they WILL replace your $++.

sick.gif
Damn they #%% their employees
30t6p3b.gif

sick.gif
Damn they #%% their employees
30t6p3b.gif

Originally Posted by pacmagic2002

WOW you feel special huh?
grin.gif

Originally Posted by pacmagic2002

WOW you feel special huh?
grin.gif

ive always wanted to work at nike my whole life.. still do.. not jus sales but in marketing too.. best campaigns imo

ive always wanted to work at nike my whole life.. still do.. not jus sales but in marketing too.. best campaigns imo

Originally Posted by xX LeGod Xx

Originally Posted by Treb2k5

It's just a shoe store.

Nothing exciting, unless you're 17 & think you're cool, 'cause of the shoes you can get.

Worked at FNL for 2 years...being around shoes all the time killed the shoe "game" for me.

Find a better job.
Why you trying to crush my dude's spirit though?
30t6p3b.gif
My thoughts exactly. Damn. He just turned seventeen.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by xX LeGod Xx

Originally Posted by Treb2k5

It's just a shoe store.

Nothing exciting, unless you're 17 & think you're cool, 'cause of the shoes you can get.

Worked at FNL for 2 years...being around shoes all the time killed the shoe "game" for me.

Find a better job.
Why you trying to crush my dude's spirit though?
30t6p3b.gif
My thoughts exactly. Damn. He just turned seventeen.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Ruxxx

^Word up.

i swear, it's like retail employees that aren't the manager have a year and a half to two year lifespan at that store regardless if they do anything wrong or not. it is what it is though, at this time in his life op is in a good position considering his age but hopefully he reads this thread and realizes that there is another side to things though within that company.

Perfect timing bro, the holidays are the best time to work in retail.

You'll be greeted with joy and positive energy once that rush comes in.

Its amazing!

Perfect timing bro, the holidays are the best time to work in retail.

You'll be greeted with joy and positive energy once that rush comes in.

Its amazing!

Originally Posted by Ruxxx

^Word up.

i swear, it's like retail employees that aren't the manager have a year and a half to two year lifespan at that store regardless if they do anything wrong or not. it is what it is though, at this time in his life op is in a good position considering his age but hopefully he reads this thread and realizes that there is another side to things though within that company.

Originally Posted by tSamShoX

Damn ya'll straight killin this dude's dreams
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
He only 17
We just tryin to put things in perspective for a wide-eyed kid that has his whole future ahead of him.  He sounds exactly like me when I first started but all that died in about a year.

OP, don't think us former employees are trying to crap on your parade but we just want to put things in prospective for you.  Salaries depend on your store's volume.  My last manager made 30k while the manager down the street at the highest volume store made 80k.  I'm not sure on DMs but I can imagine them being between 70k-120k+ depending on a lot of things.  And becoming a DM is not easy by any means.  Its a VERY long road rising through the ranks..

But trust me, there is A LOT more money out there for the work/hours you are about to put in.  I'm talking in terms of both PT work and career-wise..

Originally Posted by tSamShoX

Damn ya'll straight killin this dude's dreams
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
He only 17
We just tryin to put things in perspective for a wide-eyed kid that has his whole future ahead of him.  He sounds exactly like me when I first started but all that died in about a year.

OP, don't think us former employees are trying to crap on your parade but we just want to put things in prospective for you.  Salaries depend on your store's volume.  My last manager made 30k while the manager down the street at the highest volume store made 80k.  I'm not sure on DMs but I can imagine them being between 70k-120k+ depending on a lot of things.  And becoming a DM is not easy by any means.  Its a VERY long road rising through the ranks..

But trust me, there is A LOT more money out there for the work/hours you are about to put in.  I'm talking in terms of both PT work and career-wise..

Damn. For those asking I'm in baybrook not memorial...btw the "unrealistic" amount of accessories you gotta sell isn't really that annoying to me at all...our AMs push us a lot and we get most of everything on point. my fav thing to sell is insoles though.

Back
Top Bottom