Altitude 13 Holiday 2017 Thread

Nice! solecitor solecitor
I had the 05's and beat them to death. This re-retro was an absolute must for me.

I know a lot of people hate the painted midsoles on 13s as opposed to the usual suede.
I like both, its nice to have the painted variety to be able to wear during wet and winter months.
13s are tanks, and these are gonna do be just right the next couple months. Enjoy yours!

I know a lot of people hate the painted midsoles on 13s as opposed to the usual suede.
I like both, its nice to have the painted variety to be able to wear during wet and winter months.
13s are tanks, and these are gonna do be just right the next couple months. Enjoy yours!

i think the hate happens where the midsole doesn't match the part the connects the midsole. i don't know what we call it.
like the red pods have suede but painted midsole. would have been so much better with the suede midsole.
they changed the grey toe 13s to have the painted midsole which made no sense.

these are cool with the painted midsole because we have that textured material instead.

That’s very true, I guess because I have all of them, I appreciate each one as what it is.. for the most part.

I wish we could have got a suede midsole also on the newer grey toes, but it happens to be one of my favorite winter shoes along with the barons, so it doesn’t bother me too much.

The wheats that just came out are hard for me stomach due to the reason you mentioned, the rest of the shoe is great, but they could have executed them better.. and suede midsole tops the list of that.

I need a double up on these ASAP...wanna throw one on and ice the other.

I'll only get the wheats if they go down to like $90 lol

That’s very true, I guess because I have all of them, I appreciate each one as what it is.. for the most part.

I wish we could have got a suede midsole also on the newer grey toes, but it happens to be one of my favorite winter shoes along with the barons, so it doesn’t bother me too much.

The wheats that just came out are hard for me stomach due to the reason you mentioned, the rest of the shoe is great, but they could have executed them better.. and suede midsole tops the list of that.
I have the red pods and had the grey toes so I can appreciate what they have or what they are lacking also.

IMG_3048.JPG
IMG_3047.JPG
IMG_3046.jpg

IMG_3057.JPG

2005 Altitudes on the right in the pictures above, 2017s on the left (no laces)

IMG_3060.JPG

2005s left on the sole shot, 2017s on the right of the sole shot. 2017s are actually brighter/more vibrant on the sole.

IMG_3059.jpg

2005s on the top, 2017s on the bottom.

IMG_3055.JPG

2005s on the left, 2017s on the right. You can see the height difference the best from the above photo.

The black colors on the shoes are pretty equal on both on my pairs, craftsmanship and quality are about equal also (2005 has better toe box leather, by a slim margin). I prefer the updated 2017 sole color making them a tad more neon. Just like all the jumpmans on the tongue from earlier editions of 13s to now, the earlier versions are more skinny compared to recent pairs. Aside from that, JB did a good job retro-ing this model. Hope this comparison helps or informs anyone who wished to see one.

Thanks for the comparison. I'll never forget deciding not to grab the '05 pair off of jumpan23 when they first released. I was fortunate to grab both the cool grey 3's and the nubuck 12's when they dropped, but passed on these. Glad that this release is almost identical to the OG pair (couldn't stand the 2010 mesh), and I was able to grab these finally.

I prefer mesh sides on 13s...so that is my preference but I'm happy with these either way.

Now if I could only update my sig and remove the 2010's from my want lol

I'm an older head here and I'll never forget the original Altitude drop.... I was a big Jordan head so it was a must cop...I remember a ton of hype surrounding....something a bit abnormal....

Went to Phipps Plaza Nike Town and there was a line. I was in shock like "wtf is this".... went to a couple other stores and it was chaos...lines all over..

First time seeing that... still one of my favorite colorways... I'm a vapormax guy now (sold over 100 pairs of J's) but my heart is telling me cop for old times sake....

I'm an older head here and I'll never forget the original Altitude drop.... I was a big Jordan head so it was a must cop...I remember a ton of hype surrounding....something a bit abnormal....

Went to Phipps Plaza Nike Town and there was a line. I was in shock like "wtf is this".... went to a couple other stores and it was chaos...lines all over..

First time seeing that... still one of my favorite colorways... I'm a vapormax guy now (sold over 100 pairs of J's) but my heart is telling me cop for old times sake....
Be prepared for "old times sake" to extend to more nostalgic pairs :lol:

Be prepared for "old times sake" to extend to more nostalgic pairs :lol:

They know how to hit the wallet lol... I'm getting killed on these "O.G" and "Heritage" Vapormax's..

Altitudes are straight fire....beautiful and subtle with the green.... an all time great.

I definitely needed a half size down.

Got two 10.5. One I got for 80.00 and the other from finish line. Need to find some way to get a 10 out of the two w/out returning the $80 pair.

Any tips?

Man I wish I could scoop for around $100, waiting a bit on them. Hope it doesn’t bite me in the butt

Hey guys I got two pairs of these. And I've noticed that there are different tumbled leather on the toe box. The smooth toe box is from nike.com. And The heavily tumbled toe box is from footlocker.com. They also have slightly different midsoles, the black shiny midsoles are a little thinner in areas compared to NDC pair, with minor scuffing. And I also noticed that they have different production dates. Let me know what you guys think of this, and which pair yours looks like. I love the altitude colorway, I really dont mind the way the heavily tumbled leather looks, makes it look way more boot like. Also a after a little break in time 13's are my favorite retro to hoop in!
20171228_180341.jpg
20171228_180334.jpg
20171228_180349.jpg
20171228_180424.jpg

Got two 10.5. One I got for 80.00 and the other from finish line. Need to find some way to get a 10 out of the two w/out returning the $80 pair.

Any tips?
I would return the 10.5 in the size 10 box at a different mall, and say you got it for Christmas but it was the wrong size.

Any tips?

How'd you get one for $80? That's a great deal. And just order a 10 from somewhere and say you were sent a 10.5 and return. No biggie...it's actually happened to me before.

Hey guys I got two pairs of these. And I've noticed that there are different tumbled leather on the toe box. The smooth toe box is from nike.com. And The heavily tumbled toe box is from footlocker.com. They also have slightly different midsoles, the black shiny midsoles are a little thinner in areas compared to NDC pair, with minor scuffing. And I also noticed that they have different production dates. Let me know what you guys think of this, and which pair yours looks like. I love the altitude colorway, I really dont mind the way the heavily tumbled leather looks, makes it look way more boot like. Also a after a little break in time 13's are my favorite retro to hoop in!
20171228_180341.jpg
20171228_180334.jpg
20171228_180349.jpg
20171228_180424.jpg

Not really sure what you're wanting to hear about this...it's all normal. Some people have tumbled and smooth in the same pair.

How'd you get one for $80? That's a great deal. And just order a 10 from somewhere and say you were sent a 10.5 and return. No biggie...it's actually happened to me before.
Deadstock website in Canada. It just shipped yesterday. I'm almost positive it was a mistake by them.

Thanks for the comparison. I'll never forget deciding not to grab the '05 pair off of jumpan23 when they first released. I was fortunate to grab both the cool grey 3's and the nubuck 12's when they dropped, but passed on these. Glad that this release is almost identical to the OG pair (couldn't stand the 2010 mesh), and I was able to grab these finally.
I pretty much have the same story. I went home from NiketownNY after a line going around the block empty-handed. I went on uptempoair.com and they had them for 180$ and I was like man thats too much I dont have that much rn. I should have just paid up, but this was back when getting jordans for retail were the norm.

Back
Top Bottom