Am I About To Get Scammed?

Can anyone give me some insight? I don't usually sell things online but put up some auctions for shoes and various things in my closet. I sold a pair of QSAM1 and the winning bidder is both from Germany and has zero feedback. The shoes sold for $60 and shipping is like $55 and I have some inkling that I may be getting setup for a scam but I'm not sure how it all works. He keeps saying how I have nothing to lose and he will pay via Paypal before I ship. I don't deal with this stuff as much as some of you but do know there's a scam where they reverse payment after getting it or what not? I did send a cancel auction thing but then he remessaged saying don't go through with it and trust me yada yada......Whats my play.....can I lose out on shoes plus $55 for shipping after he ships money to Paypal?

Some people are legit from other countries, but with 0 feedback, I probably wouldn't take the chance. I keep hearing stories of how paypal doesn't protect its sellers, so if it were me, I would just refund the money if he already sent it.

Is his paypal verified? I sold my first item on ebay across seas and the dude only went through with it because I had my account verified
/Kanye shrug

He hasnt sent Paypal yet because we were waiting to find out the exact shipping charge. He also gave me a different ebay ID saying he used to use his wifes with 102 feedback. I guess I will ask if his paypal is verified but for some reason I just have this weird gut feeling about it.

Everyone starts with 0 feedback doe. but at the end of the day

you don't HAVE to sell him your product. if you feel like you might get scammed then don't do it

If its verified youre protected.. but he seems awfully pressed for the kicks

Originally Posted by zmdawg

He hasnt sent Paypal yet because we were waiting to find out the exact shipping charge. He also gave me a different ebay ID saying he used to use his wifes with 102 feedback. I guess I will ask if his paypal is verified but for some reason I just have this weird gut feeling about it.
Yea, set up. that ol "I used to use this account" nonsense. Why didn't he keep using the account? 

So the guy cancelled the auction cancelltion request. What do I need to do now?

1238131818701.jpg

I mean, if you do ship make sure you get a tracking AND signature confirmation. If it is through ebay you should be somewhat safe since you have proof that you shipped and everything. I've shipped a few times overseas and never had any problems

Back
Top Bottom