Amar'e Stoudemire is overrated.

Originally Posted by ChiTownRivera07

Originally Posted by welcome2jungle

amare aint overrated Steve Nash is overrated
Phoenix Suns look like trash without Amare
prolly wont even make it 2 playoffs this year thats why Phoenix Suns want to trade Nash
they will never win with him Steve Nash aka no defense
steve nash can pass but couldnt defend jeremy lin from golden state warriors if his contract depended on it

Pretty much.

Originally Posted by ChiTownRivera07

Originally Posted by welcome2jungle

amare aint overrated Steve Nash is overrated
Phoenix Suns look like trash without Amare
prolly wont even make it 2 playoffs this year thats why Phoenix Suns want to trade Nash
they will never win with him Steve Nash aka no defense
steve nash can pass but couldnt defend jeremy lin from golden state warriors if his contract depended on it

Pretty much.

Originally Posted by ehh

Nobody should "rate" Amare at this point since our "offensive genius" of a head coach can't come up with a better strategy to get Amare involved than having him iso 15-18' feet from the hoop and shoot a jumper or go 1-on-5.  I feel like I'm watching LeBron in Mike Brown's offense half the time.  
tired.gif

Originally Posted by ehh

Nobody should "rate" Amare at this point since our "offensive genius" of a head coach can't come up with a better strategy to get Amare involved than having him iso 15-18' feet from the hoop and shoot a jumper or go 1-on-5.  I feel like I'm watching LeBron in Mike Brown's offense half the time.  
tired.gif

He's not worth the money... Very good player but I don't see him carrying & leading a team, he needs another star by his side & NY doesn't have that.

He's not worth the money... Very good player but I don't see him carrying & leading a team, he needs another star by his side & NY doesn't have that.

so what? david lee got 80 million dollars. i'm fine with the few extra million per year. you people act like the money is coming out of your own pockets. if the signing leads to another star coming, then it was more than worth it.

so what? david lee got 80 million dollars. i'm fine with the few extra million per year. you people act like the money is coming out of your own pockets. if the signing leads to another star coming, then it was more than worth it.

Originally Posted by ExtRaOrDinaRy SwAg

Someone please explain to me how Bosh > Amar'e
Crickets.

Fact of the matter is, New York gave Amar'e a max deal because like most people have said the Knicks needed to give the fans a superstar which Amar'e is.  With that said, nobody can do it alone and yes Amar'e used to play second fiddle to Nash, but Nash is one of the top point guards in the history of the league.  Again, Bosh should not be a max player, neither should Amar'e or Joe Johnson for that matter, but they are so get over it.  Yes, they may all be overpaid, but they are not overrated in my opinion.  The three players I mentioned are all very nice players, but we all know 1 nice player isn't getting you anywhere. 

Amar'e has done everything right in NY thus far.   

And to the people who asked when Amar'e has ever carried a team, when has Bosh or Joe Johnson ever carried a team?  Never.  I'm not sure exactly how he did, but I do remember Amar'e putting together a solid series against the Laker frontline in the West Finals last year. 

Originally Posted by ExtRaOrDinaRy SwAg

Someone please explain to me how Bosh > Amar'e
Crickets.

Fact of the matter is, New York gave Amar'e a max deal because like most people have said the Knicks needed to give the fans a superstar which Amar'e is.  With that said, nobody can do it alone and yes Amar'e used to play second fiddle to Nash, but Nash is one of the top point guards in the history of the league.  Again, Bosh should not be a max player, neither should Amar'e or Joe Johnson for that matter, but they are so get over it.  Yes, they may all be overpaid, but they are not overrated in my opinion.  The three players I mentioned are all very nice players, but we all know 1 nice player isn't getting you anywhere. 

Amar'e has done everything right in NY thus far.   

And to the people who asked when Amar'e has ever carried a team, when has Bosh or Joe Johnson ever carried a team?  Never.  I'm not sure exactly how he did, but I do remember Amar'e putting together a solid series against the Laker frontline in the West Finals last year. 

Just commenting being the outsider from across the river but Amare is still scoring 20 ppg without nash so throw that out the window.

did the knicks pay too much. YES.

Would Amare be better in Miami with the two divas and Bosh better in New York by himself. IDK

I think neither rebound great to begin with.

I think too many people are going overboard over this Knicks team. yes they need to get their acts together soon but I do not think it will be this bad all season for them.

I think Knicks fans should be thankful they got a steal in fields in the second round and the way he is playing.

It really does suck that New York can never be a rebuilding city. I think Knicks fans would be just as happy watching Toney, Fields, Chandler, Gallo, and Mozgov play and develop then worry about Amare.

Amare gives what was mentioned by everybody already. He is not overrated. Just over paid.

Originally Posted by rashi

Amar'e isn't a bad signing, though. I'm sure the Knicks were expecting to get someone else along with him...

Amar'e isn't a #1, he's playing his role. Unfortunately, the Knicks don't have a #1.
This. Amar'e wasn't supposed to be the first option, his game isn't built for that.  He needs someone to create looks for him.  And him vs. Bosh is a moot argument, lets see Bosh do anything in the playoffs this year, Amar'e played decent against the one of the real elite PF's Gasol last year.

Originally Posted by rashi

Amar'e isn't a bad signing, though. I'm sure the Knicks were expecting to get someone else along with him...

Amar'e isn't a #1, he's playing his role. Unfortunately, the Knicks don't have a #1.
This. Amar'e wasn't supposed to be the first option, his game isn't built for that.  He needs someone to create looks for him.  And him vs. Bosh is a moot argument, lets see Bosh do anything in the playoffs this year, Amar'e played decent against the one of the real elite PF's Gasol last year.

Back
Top Bottom