American Gods (STARZ) Thread

Couple things I noticed after re-watching the1st episode that might have been pretty obvious to some but not me......,

1: the warden says that Shadow was "serving 6 years for assault and battery charges." I was under the impression that he was in jail because of whatever scheme Laura put him up to backfired. Like gettin caught stealing? Where does the assault come into play?

I don't know if the show will go into detail but I'll put it in a spoiler if you really want to know.

You sure?
Seriously?
hmmmm... turn back
**** here we go
Shadow does the job but the guys with him stiff him on his cut and he kicks their ***. They press charges.

I'm all in on this show but at the beginning I was legit lost. I had to search the episodes raise. How long is the season going to be?

Edit: I had to rewatch the first episode twice.

Last edited:
Bruhs. This show is amazing.

Can'w wait to rewatch when the season is done.
I'm all in on this show but at the beginning I was legit lost. I had to search the episodes raise. How long is the season going to be?

Edit: I had to rewatch the first episode twice.
Same here. The way it was shot and that Orlando Jones scene was enough to keep me interested.

Amazing show when you accept the world and suspend your disbelief.

Last edited:
Haven't read the book, but no I don't think so. From what I've surmised, they've kinda gone off-book with some stuff.

But again, I haven't even cracked open that book, so I wouldn't know. Anyone who's read it suggest it? I'm midway through The Dark Tower. Could use need a quick change of pace to cleanse my palette of Stephen King.
laugh.gif

Last edited:
A gay sex scene between two Muslim dudes next week might be the most ultimate Jimmy rustle scene in tv history.
I just finished reading this chapter. I had to do a double-read when I realized what I just read 
laugh.gif

Do you guys think I should finish the book before starting this show?

^^^ I'm not sure how close they will stick to the book,but finishing it could of course spoil some things

So is there gonna be another season? Or does the book only have enough content for 1 season

I'm sure another season is possible even if the book doesn't go that far. Depends on ratings

On reddit there's 2 different threads, one for the book readers and one for the show. There's some differences.

Last edited by a moderator:
I just finished reading this chapter. I had to do a double-read when I realized what I just read :lol:

Do you guys think I should finish the book before starting this show?

I think it's a preference thing, I watched Game of Thrones before I'd even heard of the books. I'd rather watch the shows/movies first then read the books in the off season (it keeps the void of the show not being on full, and it helps me put faces to characters in the books). I do have a lot of friends who'd read the books first and weren't nearly as impressed/surprised with Game of thrones as I was after the first season. I enjoy reading and watching stuff I guess you just have to decide if you like reading or watching more...

Last edited:
Guys I wasn't paying full attention to the entire episode (using smartphone) ..but was the god that Wednesday killed good or bad..or is Wednesday shady?

Guys I wasn't paying full attention to the entire episode (using smartphone) ..but was the god that Wednesday killed good or bad..or is Wednesday shady?
Tough to tell really,Vulcan isn't in the book,so they are not really much known about the character other than what we saw last episode.

Dead Wife

The storytelling :pimp:

My favorite episode of the season so far. Straight highlander movie from the jump.

What gives with 2 full Laura back story episodes though? Out of all the characters I have questions about, she is the last one I wanted answers from. And yet 2 ENTIRE. EPISODES. Devoted to her life story. I need to read the damn book already. I think that's where I'll get my answers

Back
Top Bottom