Americans need to stay away from DR. right now.. vol. wtf is going on over in the Dominican Republic

I think it comes down to this and I practice this every time I travel, the same way you are being sized down by a local, you gotta size the locals down and recognize who’s trying to mark you and let them know YOU KNOW....once they see your awareness they will legit not waste their time.

One time I went to DR with my boys, I warned them of panhandlers and dudes that will cling on to you if you even smirk their way or nod your head...I told them, the second one of these cats approaches, flat out tell them to leave ya alone RUDELY....is the only thing that works....they however couldn’t grasp the concept and one of my boys legit had to give up his fitted to some kid that wouldn’t leave him alooooneee hassling him and had clinged on to him...so I guess technically he was robbed, these dudes take up your personal space and won’t leave you alone and you usually end up either giving them cash to leave you alone or an item of clothing...lmao THATS the type of robbery youll encounter if you don’t know how to move and repel these cats.

In Cartagena I didn’t practice this once and had this guy selling cheap little bracelets follow me and my wife every ***** where with sob stories till I legit overpaid for some bs bracelet for this cat to simply leave us alone.

Agreed, sadly, u gotta get your Donald Trump on so they leave u alone.

I’ve met plenty of Africans
Who treated me as one of their own
I’m not gonna throw my fellow black folks from the mother land in a box like that

In Africa or in America?

When you go, def want to hear your experience. Please post.

Haven’t been to dr to see my fams in like a decade maybe less. if you not from dr or know certain spots/people it’s boring as **** and the food is an acquired taste. Platanos and rice get old quick fast.

In Africa or in America?

When you go, def want to hear your experience. Please post.
I have fam that went and they were treated well.
my uncle has been going to parts of west Africa for over ten years at this point and has friends and all that over there.
from my understanding this village even accepted him as one of their own. which ...we are their own.
we are Africans living abroad.
we are treated as such throughout the diaspora and we are only a diaspora, as we know it, due to the transatlantic slave trade.
so there's that.

the sooner we recognize this the sooner we can actually unite and use what happened to us to our advantage. we know many languages and can walk and blend in in many nations. think about it.

Been meaning to respond to this all day.

First off, idk what Steezy’s doing with a 500 dollar hat, I didn’t know 500 dollar hats existed.

As far as feeling safe in foreign territory, I’ve never been to the DR, but I’ve been to NY several times, Chicago at least 20 times, same with Detroit, and LA a handful of times. I’ve had many people tell me how they would be a little sketched out walking around in areas of these cities. I’ve always felt fine and just minded my own business and been respectful.

Two years ago I went to Europe, people warned me of pick pocketers but I never ran into anything, still was always very aware of my surroundings. Went to Rome for a few days and someone told me a similar story of the people hassling you until you give them money. Told me if anyone tries talking to you in the streets to just keep it moving. There were about 3 times these dudes from Africa would try to catch you off guard by saying “You look like your from Africa” (sidenote I’m an extremely pale white guy) and i’d Just keep it moving. I walked around the city by myself for a few hours one day too.

Then again I’ve been told by people through the past years that I’m “huge” and at 6’5 and 260, I typically walk around with confidence in unfamiliar areas. The key is to act like you belong and to have confidence.

All that being said, still not messing with the DR, tropical destinations aren’t for me anyway.
i'm from nyc and I've been to Germany, Italy and Austria.

my experience is diff than yours...i'm not white fwiw.

i'm used to my city but I can easily understand why and how someone would be scared of certain parts of nyc. it depends on where you're going and when.
as far as Europe, I've def seen swastikas spraypainted on walls and received looks and all that. I've heard stories but I've not experienced outright prejudice in the countries I've been to in Europe. now that I think about it, how sad is it to experience more open prejudice in the u.s. than in Europe.
I never felt completely safe but I wasn't worried either if that makes sense.

rocking 1500 sneakers, a 500 dollar hat, 800 dollar shirt and all that is extra. no way i'd suggest anyone doing that while traveling to so called third world countries tho, lol.

You can rock expensive clothing and not really make yourself a target, jewelry would be a different story..

That woman got caught by her husband getting that island D in a storage closet somewhere, husband beat her *** to a pulp, that beating is a passion beating, not something any of these cats in a resort would do, if anything they would have just finished the job and killed her off...is so evident what went down with that woman...

The other deaths, I really don’t know..

That woman got caught by her husband getting that island D in a storage closet somewhere, husband beat her *** to a pulp, that beating is a passion beating, not something any of these cats in a resort would do, if anything they would have just finished the job and killed her off...is so evident what went down with that woman...

The other deaths, I really don’t know..
You're a ******* moron

How so? Your dumb*** really believes that story goes down as she told it, abducted and beaten for 8 hours by hotel staff!!???

Idiot
yeah i generally tend to believe the victims account of what happened vs making up some fantasy of an explanation in my own head with no facts or anything to back it up.. :lol

Because no woman has ever been assaulted by a stranger before, this story is clearly made up.. :lol

yeah i generally tend to believe the victims account of what happened vs making up some fantasy of an explanation in my own head with no facts or anything to back it up.. :lol:

Because no woman has ever been assaulted by a stranger before, this story is clearly made up.. :lol:

You don’t know ****, ****...did I say she wasn’t assaulted!!? Clearly she was! Just not buying the whole bs of her being assaulted by hotel staff and not even being robbed, having traveled there and witness how easily white women gravitate to these local men for the D, ANYONE that knows will tell you, is clear she got caught with one of the locals and triggered her husband to beat her ***, that beating is full of rage....ain’t no random hotel staffer gonna go to those lengths for no absolute reason...

You are a gullible idiot b :lol

I’m saving your post for when the real
Story comes to light, I can call your dumb *** out....ima enjoy that **** :lol

Haven’t been to dr to see my fams in like a decade maybe less. if you not from dr or know certain spots/people it’s boring as **** and the food is an acquired taste. Platanos and rice get old quick fast.
This can be said about ANY place you travel.

That is why living in the US is so cool since we can get such a variety of dishes

Yo son, better stop disrespecting. Check your dm.
Only diplomats I know....you just ain’t it.
upload_2019-6-7_12-20-19.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom