Anaheim PD Open Fire on Unarmed Women and Children

http://losangeles.cbslocal.com/video/7530254-near-riot-follows-anaheim-officer-involved-shooting/

Lucavious 260 points 7 hours ago
For anyone trying to find out why this happened: there's no explanation. From what I can tell someone in the crowd threw a water bottle and the police began opening fire randomly into a crowd of completely unarmed civilians with rubber bullets and one officer unleashed an attack dog who went after a mother holding her child and some guy.
What the ****. There are even reports the police were trying to pay people to delete the video off their phones.

Sick. We should disarm cops while we are at it. It's a sick world we live in these days.

wow, well most likely the police are going to end up getting away with this some poor *** apology. I don't know if they should even have a dog if they can't even restrain them on protesting crowds. :smh:

i bet, paid suspension until the dust settles and then they're right back at it

law enforcement, licensed for violence for better or for worst

how does a police dog "get loose"? there sure didn't look like a reason to let it attack, nor shoot people with rubber bullets.

at the same time, parents should not be bringing their children to a protest where so much bad blood is involved.

those cops should all have 1 month's pay taken away and given to those harmed during the melee.

This is exactly why MOST cops are A holes, they think since they have a badge they can do whatever they want..

this is so sad. i would've been pissed if i was there.

This is exactly why MOST cops are A holes, they think since they have a badge they can do whatever they want..

this is so sad. i would've been pissed if i was there.
eyes.gif

releasing a dog on women & children :smh::smh::smh:
offering to buy video off of people :stoneface: :smh:

Last edited:
the cops are supposed to protect us, not let the dogs on women and children.

this world is cruel.

people stabbing people over SHOES.
can't go to the movies without someone trying to hurt people.
and now this ?? this is too much..:smh:

ITS GETTING REAL

7/22/12 Protesters storm Anaheim police station in wake of fatal shooting - latimes.com

latimesblogs.latimes.com/lanow/2012/07/protesters-storm-anaheim-police-station.html 1/5

L.A. NOW

SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA ­­ THIS JUST IN

Protesters storm Anaheim police station in wake of fatal shooting

July 22, 2012 | 3:07 pm

A group of protesters stormed the lobby of the Anaheim

police station Sunday, about half an hour before Police Chief John Welter was scheduled to reveal more details about a fatal officer­involved shooting the night

before that sparked a confrontation between an angry crowd and investigators.

Chanting "No justice, no peace" and holding signs that read "Justice for Manuel," a group gathered outside the department at noon, the Orange County

Register reported. About an hour later, they were in the lobby.

The group was outside again by about 1:40 p.m., the newspaper reported. It was not immediately clear if the chief's media­only news conference ­­ originally

scheduled for 1:30 ­­ would still take place.

Tensions were high after Saturday's shooting, which resulted in the death of a man identified by family as Manuel Diaz, the newspaper reported. Authorities

have not confirmed the victim's identity.

Anaheim Police Sgt. Bob Dunn told The Times the incident began Saturday when two patrol officers tried to approach three men in an alley in the 600 block of

North Anna Drive about 4 p.m.

It was unclear why the officers first approached the men, but Dunn said they gave chase and one of the officers followed one of the men to the front of an

apartment complex in the 700 block of North Anna, where the shooting occurred about 4 p.m.

The man was taken to a hospital, where he died about 7 p.m., authorities said.

Police remained at the scene to investigate the shooting, Dunn said, and were encircled by a group of people who began throwing things, including bottles and

possibly rocks, at the officers. At one point, the crowd also pushed a dumpster holding burning trash toward police, reports said.

Officers used non­lethal rounds and pepper balls to control the crowd, Dunn said. A police dog also got free from an officer's car and charged at several people

before it was pulled back, he added.

Dunn said more details about the incident — including a tally of those detained or injured — would be available at the Sunday news conference.

Last month, city officials announced that an independent review would be conducted into what were described as "major police incidents," the Register

reported. The inquiry came on the heels of weekly protests outside the police station, led by relatives of those killed in officer­involved shootings.

Before Saturday's incident, the most two recent fatal shootings involving Anaheim police were in January, the newspaper said.

The Anaheim police "are not judge, jury and executioner," Theresa Smith, whose son was fatally shot by Anaheim police in 2009, told the newspaper before

Sunday's protest. "Nobody is given their due process, and it just seems like everything has gotten out of hand."

Video of event: http://landing.newsinc.com/shared/video.html?freewheel=91002&sitesection=latimes&VID=23751229

Live stream here: 

So law enforcement is supposed to just stand there and have water bottles thrown at them and a burning dumpster pushed toward them and not react? They acted accordingly, this was not a peaceful protest.

:lol: I had no idea Perd Hapley from Parks and Rec was a real news reporter...dude has been in movies and erything playing the same damn role

mind=blown

sad story tho...cops was wylin

As always, there's only one side of the story to initially come out to sympathize with the "victim". A oncoming flaming dumpster warrants a police response and rubber bullets were suffice. That was anything but civil. They were looking for a problem and got it.

I'm sure there are some good cops out there, but I have yet to meet them. All the ones I've met were big time douche bags. Cops need to take the attitude of "protect and serve" rather than the attitude "I'm gonna bust some criminals tonight! Time to make up for my embarrassingly small penis!"

how does a police dog "get loose"? there sure didn't look like a reason to let it attack, nor shoot people with rubber bullets.
at the same time, parents should not be bringing their children to a protest where so much bad blood is involved.
those cops should all have 1 month's pay taken away and given to those harmed during the melee.

I would agree, but unfortunately cops don't make a lot of $$$ so that wouldn't be enough for the victims. A lot of bad seeds ruin it for the few good guys.

You people haven't read the whole story.

Sure the cops were jerks, but the victims were mostly gang members, so I aint even mad.

Back
Top Bottom