And the award for the hypebeast shoe of the year award goes to..

Definitely the Yeezy's, 2 Weeks before the shoe release the thread was 43 pages and everyone said that they would flop.... A week before release a pairsold on ebay for $1300 .... I copped the grey pair and suddenly after they released everyone and their mom wanted a pair the yeezy thread grew like 200pages....

I put my grey pair up for sale and this is what I got offered from various people
DS White Supreme Lows
DS Tiffs
DS CDP 11/12 + 300 cash
DS Egpplant foams + 280 cash

You get the idea.

Hypebeast shoe = limited supply, different coloway than the norm & campout.

I would have to say Air Yeezys.

To be honest only clowns copped air yeezy's to rock... I could understand resellers to a certain extent because the econony right now is crazy and if Icould make and $600 to $700 flip on 1 pair of kicks I probably would but them dudes that I've seen rockin them look like straight fools man smh... I thinkthe shoe makes them feel like there kanye west or somethin lol

^
roll.gif
QFT.

2 post. 2 pairs of eggplants. wowzers. how can anybody say the eggplant foam was more hypebeasted than the yeezys. ebay prices for foams are hittin retailnow... yeezys are not!

really ask yourself if more NON SNEAKER HEADS know about the foams than they do the yeezys.

*edit*

no to mention some places are raffeling them off, or selling them for $600 right out the store.... cmon anybody who says foams are more hypebeast than yeezysyou must b smokin dust

If you have to win a raffle to buy a shoe, their too limited to be mentioned. Sorry but i'm not that kind of shoe person.

Originally Posted by AceBoogie

If you have to win a raffle to buy a shoe, their too limited to be mentioned. Sorry but i'm not that kind of shoe person.

yet if you have to win a raffle cuz they r so limited it shows that not just sneaker heads want this commidity.. stores know how many people want the shoe andthey do things around knowing such

gotta say yeezys...
1st time ive ever seen a group of people running to get in line & im 25.
was at mondawmin for 1st release walking to the back door. like 15 - 20 dudes ran full speed pass me. i get inside and they waiting in line. didnt cop causethey had less pairs than advertised (surprised? lol)... def didnt know dudes were beasting that hard for em. some dude behind me was like "man i got anoutfit already. might have to rob someone"
eggplants were an easy cop.

Originally Posted by BigLefty23

Everyone is saying Yeezy's, which I agree.....

BUT, how many people in this thread own them?

People can say they're such a "hypebeast" shoe, but they buy them anyway.

Oh well. Nike has some people by the ba
hmm, QFT^

grin.gif

Originally Posted by BURRIEDinNIKES

Originally Posted by KingFoamNYC

^^^ u really don't understand my point do u

your point doesnt address nor answer the question at all.
no i dont get your point.

everyone understands that yeezys are severely hyped because:
a) extremely limited quantities
b) it's kanye west's sneaker(nuff said).

nobody in history ever said that the air yeezy was the best sneaker ever made, everyone knew the sneaker was gonna be an extreme cash cow for dudes that resoldand a huge self esteem booster for the clowns who decided to wear them, nothin more nothin less. Now onto the eggplants, if u were to research the first threadon those babies you'll see dudes talkin about them joints like they was gonna change the world. you got dudes honestly sayin that they are better than theroyals and that they are the best sneaker ever, smh before they even seen them in person! that one sneaker changed the whole sneakerhead community, dedicateddudes that been ridin out with jordan brand from day one jumped ship to everything nike basketball. Basically eggplant foams transcended foamposites from acult following mainly in the DMV and NYC to when new colorways drop of them they will be impossible to get for retail in almost any region. before eggs droppedcactus and bred foam ones was sittin all around nyc for $125-$160 nobody was ridin those or the silver black pro's after the eggs dropped u see them jointson the bay for above retail. you really cannot compare yeezy hype to eggplant hype because it just would'nt make any sense. all 3 yeezy colorways will getresold for $600 plus but after they are done releasing them the hype will die out and nobody will care about them anymore but what the eggplant foams did forthe whole foamposite line its not even a conversation.

Like I stated before, purple foams def. Started the hype train this yr...125th sold out in no time, ndc and many other websites was gone in a blink of an eyebut there were stores that did have them sit for a couple days a few wit them still today(althouggh some of the prices are
indifferent.gif
)....but the hype that surroundedthe yeezy's was jus on a different level...like camping out for days in advance? Quadruple resale value?
smh.gif
I honestly was gonna snatch up a couple pairsjust to sell...nice profit that woulda been

yeezys, without a doubt. alot of people thought the shoes were ugly and werent kanye fans, yet still bought the shoes because of the hype.
smh.gif

Originally Posted by KingJames23

KingFoam, that's a very good point and I never really thought of it that way.

good lookin man.. like everyone would automatically state the yezzy's are cause of the resale value but this is'nt the first time we've seen ashoe's resale value go $600 plus because of limited quantities, sb's do it all the time tiff's, pigeon's anyone?

^
When you brought it up it came back to me how people were talking about the eggpalnts being "better" than the royals and that type of madness.

My family moved out of the DMV area and I still rocked all my foams but I would get looks/questions like "%!@ are you wearing". Now more and morepeople are copping foams (I didn't think that one shoe did it but I guess I was wrong) and after you mentioned the resell prices on kicks I have now, Iwent to check it out for myself and I couldn't believe it. People are hopping on board, it isn't just a DMV/NYC thing anymore.

You convinced me, when a single shoe "saves" an entire line you know you're dealing with something huge.

How did the purple foams change the sneakerhead community? Because a few jb heads were checking for them? I don't blame them since jb was and has beenputting nuttin but trash out this yr and if they dropped all the heat they were suppose to, then those same jb heads that "jumped ship" would beright back on the JB sack...and not that many of those ones sat on shelved, madd heads still copped except for those blk/cactus joints...blk foam ones weregone in a matter of weeks and tho blk foam ones have skyrocketed,
smh.gif
, in value online no one is biting....at all...foams ones sold well in NYC well beforepurple foams dropped

How did the purple foams change the sneakerhead community? Because a few jb heads were checking for them? I don't blame them since jb was and has beenputting nuttin but trash out this yr and if they dropped all the heat they were suppose to, then those same jb heads that "jumped ship" would beright back on the JB sack...and not that many of those ones sat on shelved, madd heads still copped except for those blk/cactus joints...blk foam ones weregone in a matter of weeks and tho blk foam ones have skyrocketed,
smh.gif
, in value online no one is biting....at all...foams ones sold well in NYC well beforepurple foams dropped

Back
Top Bottom