and we're done

Man that fake show of leadership he put on first season is gone man. He settled in and got lazy like most relationships.

Its funny how Tyson criticised Melo in the postseason for not getting others involved but his bum *** REFUSES to develop any kind of post game , hook shot , or baby jumper in the off season. Get this clown off my team man.

Man that fake show of leadership he put on first season is gone man. He settled in and got lazy like most relationships.

Son just wanted to get paid after he got his ring.

I agree with all of the above.

I agree Tyson needs to improve on his offensive game and should be working out with Hakeem. However, some of yall saying he is lazy (now that he won a ring and got paid) and has no heart are bugging.

dont we already have enough heat fans posing as knicks fans?
That's a big Jab you just threw

But it's all en good fun
tumblr_kw75loOo4j1qahz2ao1_400.gif

I see what you did there.
I did NOT until I saw your post.

Dub snuck that one past me.
laugh.gif

And when MMG is making the most sense in a Knicks thread you know it's all ****** up.

Hakeem is great but he's not a miracle worker. Tyson would be wasting his money.

Last edited:
You damn right. He is not even getting half the backlash JR is getting and AR won an award.

Woody who gave the Knicks the best season in a decade, Melo who was basically hurt the entire playoffs, JR had his best season and STATue who barely even played can get the business so can Chandler. He basically sucked the entire season except for a few string of games.

Chandler was the only guy that his replacement looked better than him

I, for one, never expected Tyson to develop any more offense. I don't expect every Knicks signing to never improve, but he was a veteran defensive big man, his room for improvement was marginal.

I will say that his leadership and accountability are overblown. I saw that a lot his first year how he was going to keep the Knicks in line, his defensive intensity would rub off on Amare and Melo and a lot of other hyperbole... when that's a bit of a stretch. I don't discount what he did for Dallas and his role in the championship.. but he's not prime Rodman and Mutombo rolled into one. He's a solid to very good defensive big who should be able to anchor the team's defense and hopefully be our defensive leader.

Players definitely have cielings on skills but Chandler strikes me as a dude who's never really worked on his post game at the pro level. I'm not saying he has the touch to develop a post game like Hibbert, but I think there's room enough to develop where if he has a much smaller dude on him he can back him down.

Why do people think working with Hakeem for 2 weeks at 30 years old is in a make you into something?

Tyson is what he is, a put back / pick and roll player.

2weeks won't make him a completely different player. but he might learn a thing or 2. and it also shows effort on his part.

I rarely dislike guys for lack of skills, especially if they're aware of their deficiencies (never even disliked jared jefferies), but I do hate them for the way they do things. Tyson is obviously not a bad player, but he's constantly fronting like he's some type of all-defense, tough guy even though he flops, dives, whines to refs, gets dumb touch fouls, and talks back when there's altercations as if he were actually going to do something even though he never does. how many centers' signature move is tapping the ball out so someone else can catch it? imo, he's more bark than bite and he's a soft player.

If he's a leader and a defensive anchor, where the hell was he was KG was talking **** about Melo's wife and pulling his injured shoulder? Why was he letting Hibbert, West, Hansbrough, and even Mahinmi push everybody around and literally take the ball from him? Why's he talking to the media if he has a problem and not his teammates? Why does he constantly require a double team when anyone has the ball in the post? - and i know that woodson's gameplan is to double down low, but it's because we need to since him melo and stat can't guard 4s and 5s well straight up.

I know this all sounds like hate, and I don't hate him, but I just can't like him as a player. Effort's never really an issue with him and i respect that he is generally pretty professional, but I don't like the way he plays, and I can't respect that. Idc that he can't score, lots of bigs can't. just don't get pushed around, get weak fouls, flop, and then talk **** after

Last edited:
how many centers' signature move is tapping the ball out so someone else can catch it?

That made me bust out laughing.

When Tyson is focused and engaged on defense and the boards....he's a rock in the paint but his lack is offense is still inexcusable.

He is 7 feet tall and often gets the ball in point blank scoring situations off of rebounds but rarely even makes an attempt to throw it up.

That's not being offensively limited, that's just not training and not trying.

Any NBA players should be able to convert on those possessions, especially one of his stature,

It even rustles Clyde's jimmies and it takes a lot to phase him.

lol yeah I was proud of those. Didn't think anyone would catch them haha. Im just joshin though! Tips cap

Tyson's been in the league for 12 years man, he's already had 12 years to improve on offense.

A couple days with Hakeem isn't changing anything, get mad at y'all want, he is what he is, always has been for that matter.

Tyson's been in the league for 12 years man, he's already had 12 years to improve on offense.

A couple days with Hakeem isn't changing anything, get mad at y'all want, he is what he is, always has been for that matter.

QFT

Last edited:
I never expected more offensive output from Tyson but I did get to see this past season how much he tends to disappear. Slap outs are great and all but actual rebounds and put backs are better.

As for JR, roasting him is a waste of time. Son is a streaky player. I can't even get in to the headache of what it'd take to go in on him. Besides that, he already admitted those Ls were on him. That's the best we'll get from him at this point. He's never really gonna get his act together. So it's take what he can offer or just get rid of him.

good page 882 guys

don't forget to vote for the biggest jerk on team knicks! we need someone to win this prestigious award

ayway,

tyson is probably more of a physical presence in his mind than he is on the cour

he did get a little too lax last season especially in the playoffs where he was pretty much getting bounced around by the competition.

what can you do now to change or make him more of a bully though? really not much at this point

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Who would have thought on a team with Stat, melo & AR we would be complaining about scoring from a DEFENSIVE big.

Back
Top Bottom