and we're done

i think novak needs to ride the bench more and let copeland play... hes a good 3 point shooter but if he cant get his shot off hes useless.... and when hes been open hes been missing his shots

i think novak needs to ride the bench more and let copeland play... hes a good 3 point shooter but if he cant get his shot off hes useless.... and when hes been open hes been missing his shots

Hes rushing his shots right now because teams are never leaving him, so any look he gets hes taking. We need to start having him on the strong side rather than the weak side. So it hurts the other team to not help off him when Melo or our PGs drive. Then they can kick to Novak. Right now hes on the weak side hoping his man rotates off him to another shooter. And defenses just arent leaving him right now unless the other shooter is JR. They will live with anyone else taking a 3 if it isnt Novak.

With that said, he did miss a couple good looks tonight and if he makes those maybe we win that game. But ill chalk this one up to New Years in the City.

Should also have some set plays designed to get Novak open.

All we do is hope his man leaves him, get some swing passes, or hit him in transition.

Have some set plays where hes curling off screens or being freed open by multiple screens.

From what I saw and noticed today this looks like the beginning of the opposite of last year when Carmelo came back and the team went downhill. Hope the same does not happen this year with Amare coming back from injury...

I'm not ever going to entertain the dumb argument I forsee when it comes to clutch shots between Melo and JR. Never.

Melo hots that shot all the time. That isn't why we lost. Amare isn't why we lost.

We all know what the reason was and it's been happening for a few weeks. We come out With no defensive energy. Period. It's the defense. Get down big and have to use energy fighting back on offense AND on defense

lack of defense has been alarming, don't know if they are the team we saw early on or this is the team we will see.

And I thought I was the only one that noticed the lack of defense. I'm convinced if it wasn't for our poor play on defense earlier in our last 2 games--we'd be 23-8 now.

Honestly, that's what worries me the most right now. Because, the offense will be there and all the guys will learn how to play with each other. But the defense is no where near what it was in the beginning of the year. IDK that's happening, but it's pretty noticeable since the last couple of games. Ever since that Nuggets game earlier in December--We've been allowing 100+ points whenever we lose. Even in some wins as well. Not good.

IDK if it's because the team is banged up now, or what. But it needs to get fixed ASAP.

We def need Wallace back in this line up as well. Brewer can't be out there with Kurt Thomas at the same time consistently. We're losing size and depth when we do that. Maybe losing Felton is going to be a bigger hit than we thought.

Last edited:
lack of defense has been alarming, don't know if they are the team we saw early on or this is the team we will see.
Yeah, I'm a bit worried that the fast start wasn't real. Hopefully when we get Sheed and Felton back we'll get back to normal.

A lot of guys have come back down to earth, but if we can back to defending like we did earlier this season, which is more than possible, we should be okay.

Like I said earlier, Shumpert would've been great last night. Not only are we not contesting shots but scoring guards/penetrating guards are feasting on us. Iman would at least address a part of the problem. The rest of these dudes just aren't defending with effort right now.

I'm also paranoid J. Kidd is gonna burn out soon covering for Raymond. Might want to split the minutes better between the two old timers at PG.

Last edited:
Yeah, fast, slashing point guards kill us. We have no one to stay in front of them. Felton was the best at it, but now that he's gone Kisd and Prigs are being exposed.

Yeah, fast, slashing point guards kill us. We have no one to stay in front of them. Felton was the best at it, but now that he's gone Kisd and Prigs are being exposed.

I mean, what are the options really? Running a zone? If we do that, we'd have to make sure people shift properly and help out.

Kidd will def have to sit out a couple of games and Prigioni will pick up a lot more mins including J.R. Thank God we only have 13 games in January. Shumpert should be back by February and hopefully we can hold down the fort till then.

The ball movement hasn't been the same either.

IDK, maybe it's just the last two games talking and this is the product of a banged up team right now.

I really hope the All-Star break gives everyone a week to heal up.

Last edited:
was anybody expecting news today that amare got hurt again? or was that just me and my psychological problem with the knicks

I mean, what are the options really? Running a zone? If we do that, we'd have to make sure people shift properly and help out.

Kidd will def have to sit out a couple of games and Prigioni will pick up a lot more mins including J.R. Thank God we only have 13 games in January. Shumpert should be back by February and hopefully we can hold down the fort till then.

IDK, maybe it's just the last two games talking and this is the product of a banged up team right now.

Yeah, we don't have any other real options. Can't even pick anyone up unless we want to drop someone, which won't happen. Just have to be better helping. I'd hate to see us play a zone.

The great part is that we have one of, of not the best young perimeter defender coming back in a month or so, so that should help alleviate that issue. And as much as I was complaining, I'm starting to see that Felton's aggressiveness and ability to get into the pain helps create the great ball movement we had. So hopefully Shump and Felton make the difference I expect them to on both ends.

Yeah, we don't have any other real options. Can't even pick anyone up unless we want to drop someone, which won't happen. Just have to be better helping. I'd hate to see us play a zone.

The great part is that we have one of, of not the best young perimeter defender coming back in a month or so, so that should help alleviate that issue. And as much as I was complaining, I'm starting to see that Felton's aggressiveness and ability to get into the pain helps create the great ball movement we had. So hopefully Shump and Felton make the difference I expect them to on both ends.

Felton is going to make things easier for Amare as well. Him missing a month really hurts us.

I liked the pick and roll we saw last night with Amare and Melo. If only they found a way to do that more. You'd have to bring a third defender to stop it then. Amare has the ability to pick and pop or pick and roll. Idk why teu don't go to that more often or try to develop that. It's one thing to do it with Felton, but teams would really have a hard time defending that with Melo and Amare.

Brewer should've been on Lillard in that last play. Not Prigioni. Bad coaching decision by Woodson. As experienced of a player Prigioni is, he's a liability on defense and we can't be doing other teams a favor by leaving him in at key moments of games.

Offense will figure itself out. Defense is what needs to be focused on like most of you have said.

We don't got time to be skidding like this.

To win 21 out of 31 games isn't bad. But we need to keep this pace and nothing worse. At ALL

Times like this you wish you could just go in the locker room and yell at them yourself.

On to the next one..

Spurs will be a tough game, But the good thing is we have 2 days to get closer to full fitness for Melo who will still be a bit banged up and Stat

Novak is useless if there isn't someone on the court that can demand a double. And that person is usually Melo. Offensively Stat was really rusty. Defensively he is almost at playoff level.

Back
Top Bottom