and we're done

more james white and less brewer
i don't know. james white looks lost out there sometimes.

brewer has played alright, not sure why his minutes have been reduced tho. 

copeland really needs to step up his defense

really dislike this win one/lose one streak we got going on right now

"I kick street tales, chokin *** like i'm Sprewell...."

Former Knicks star Sprewell arrested in Milwaukee
By ANTHONY SULLA-HEFFINGER
Last Updated: 1:21 PM, January 2, 2013

Former Knicks star Latrell Sprewell is in hot water again.

The 42-year-old Sprewell was arrested after neighbors in the Milwaukee neighborhood where he lives called police to complain about loud music coming from his home on the city’s east side, the Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel reported.

Details regarding his arrest were sparse, but it was reported that cops received two complaints within one hour of each other on Monday afternoon and they had previously received phone calls regarding loud music at Sprewell’s home.

Sprewell spent 13 season in the NBA, including five with the Knicks, and was a polarizing player. Sprewell infamously choked current Nets interim coach P.J. Carlesimo when the two were with the Warriors in 1997. Sprewell also made comments that $21 million was not enough to feed his children in 2004.

"I have a family to feed,” Sprewell said when the Timberwolves offered him a three-year $21 million deal.

Monday’s arrest was not Sprewell’s only run-in with the law since retiring after the 2004-05 season.

In December 2006, Sprewell’s was accused of allegedly assaulted his girlfriend Candace Cabbil in their upstate New York home and refusing to let police in during a 90-minute standoff.

Sprewell was ordered by a judge to stay away from his wife and children following the incident, but charges against the former All-Star were dropped.

Sprewell has had his fair share of financial troubles as well.

In 2007, Sprewell’s $1.5 million yacht was auctioned off by U.S. marshals and his home was foreclosed on the following year.

In addition to those issues, Sprewell was listed as the top delinquent taxpayer in the state of Wisconsin in 2011, where he owed over $3.5 million in back taxes.

[email protected]

Last edited:
Damn, I hadn't realized that 'family to feed' comment came in reference to a $21 million offer.:rofl:

He's been out of the league since them, right? Dude's a scumbag for that.:lol:

The NYP AND DN.:smh:

Last edited:
Chandlers lack of rebounding is really upsetting me.

Novak has been useless the past few games. 20minutes and only 1 rebound, 0 points? garbage

Camby & Thomas shouldve had more minutes.

I think Amare, JR and Novak should all be on the 2nd unit.

Camby should get more burn. Chandler lack of rebounding was the nail in the coffin last night. That Aldridge rebound and putback killed us

RT @alanhahn: Wow: “@TBone8: Amare on Woody: "It's been great ... I've never been taught defense before." #nyk #knicks”

Is this real life?

Last edited:
seriously i love how chandler will tip it out to get us extra possessions but sometimes u just gotta grab the damn ball

RT @alanhahn: Wow: “@TBone8: Amare on Woody: "It's been great ... I've never been taught defense before." #nyk #knicks”

Is this real life?

I don't understand how this is a surprise or shock to anyone. Stat started playing organized ball at 14 and only played 2 years in HS (for 6 different schools*) before coming to the NBA on relied on pure athleticism. Outside of Woody I don't think he played for a coach that was defensive minded. Stiles and Porter didn't last long in Phoenix.

*he attended 6 different schools, but I am not sure if he suited up for all.

Amare spent like 2 years in Phoenix with Bo Outlaw as his back-up. Then another 2 or 3 years with Kurt Thomas. He had to learn something :lol:

The coach argument is legit, but I know one of the defensive big men he played alongside with had to say something to him. They just had too.

Last edited:
As much as I like Amar'e he's lying.

Marc Iavaroni came from the Pat Riley coaching tree and handled the defense in Phoenix and coached the bigs. Kurt Thomas, Raja Bell and Shawn Marion seemed to grasp defensive concepts ok there.

When iman comes back, brewers minutes will diminish further, Shump is a better perimeter defender, passer, and more offensive than Brewer.

amare saying that just proves that anyone with height that isnt too uncoordinated should make the league.  us regular sized folks arent even cracking a jv rotation without knowing how to play defense.  i dont think hes necessarily lying i just think hes saying what he thinks everyone wants to hear and anyone whos balled competitively def aint tryna hear that

As much as I like Amar'e he's lying.

Marc Iavaroni came from the Pat Riley coaching tree and handled the defense in Phoenix and coached the bigs. Kurt Thomas, Raja Bell and Shawn Marion seemed to grasp defensive concepts ok there.

maybe I'm an Amar'e apologist, but...

concepts are not the same as fundamentals. Add to the fact that Amar'e was more than likely towering over opponents in HS so all he had to do was roam the paint. Thats just my two cents.

Novak is really useless, if he's not wide open he bring nothing to the table...on the other hand there were a bunch of time were people penetrated and he was open but they didn't find him which they really have to look for more often.

amare saying that just proves that anyone with height that isnt too uncoordinated should make the league.  us regular sized folks arent even cracking a jv rotation without knowing how to play defense.  i dont think hes necessarily lying i just think hes saying what he thinks everyone wants to hear and anyone whos balled competitively def aint tryna hear that

speak for yourself plehboi. I played DII*

I scrimmaged once with my schools basketball team. Game was to 3 and I played one game because they needed bodies

Someone should really teach Novak how to dribble the dam ball. His one dimensional *** needs to learn at least one fake move to try and elude the defense cuz the scouting report on him must read: "can't dribble, but can shoot his *** off so stay on top of him". 

Novak needs his 15 min a game. His defense got 10x better and I really dont remember the last person that scored on him in an ISO situation (srs). He's too good of a shooter to continue bricking.

Things I didnt like that Amare did last night:
-moved without the ball way too much
-clogged up the offense
-his post moves are good, he just doesnt know where he is on the floor
-played way too fast

In all honesty, if Amare can hit that 15 foot jumper consistently (like he did before), i could care less if he played any defense. Just pair him along Camby.

Novak needs his 15 min a game. His defense got 10x better and I really dont remember the last person that scored on him in an ISO situation (srs). He's too good of a shooter to continue bricking.

Things I didnt like that Amare did last night:
-moved without the ball way too much
-clogged up the offense
-his post moves are good, he just doesnt know where he is on the floor
-played way too fast

In all honesty, if Amare can hit that 15 foot jumper consistently (like he did before), i could care less if he played any defense. Just pair him along Camby.

chill bro. it was his first game back. probably jittery.

Back
Top Bottom