and we're done

All joking aside. If we could get JJ for Novak and Copeland I would do it. Novak's shot is better, but JJ can actually get his shot off something other than a blown assignment.

Last edited:

Do it!

http://espn.go.com/espnradio/newyork/play?id=8890632

Jared Zwerling posted the recap, and also had some other related stuff....

Even though the Knicks allowed the Hawks to score 104 points and shoot 60 percent from the field, Mike Woodson is more concerned with his team's offense. And rightfully so. While they're holding opponents to a sixth-best 94.5 points per game in January, they've significantly dropped in scoring from 102.3 points per game through December to 95.8 this month.

"Our offense has been stinking a little bit in terms of us getting ball movement and getting back to executing how we were earlier in the season," Woodson said on ESPN New York 98.7 FM's "Stephen A. Smith and Ryan Ruocco" show on Monday afternoon. "

On Sunday night, the Knicks ran isolation plays 23.4 percent of the time -- their third-highest single-game mark all season. In the fourth quarter, especially, they lived and died through isolation. Carmelo Anthony and J.R. Smith scored half of the team's 24 points -- six fewer than the Hawks -- in those plays. Melo did make the game-winning layup in a clear-out situation.

But with Raymond Felton, the Knicks need to get back to two-sided halfcourt basketball. Recently, the ball has remained on one side of the court too much with a decrease in pick-and-rolls. As a result, Anthony is over-worked and incurs additional body contact on his drives.

"He'll bounce back," the coach said. "I thought he had a great floor game for us (against the Hawks). He made shots early for us. Raymond will be back to Raymond before you know it."

Here are some other key nuggets from his radio appearance:

Defensive woes from Sunday night: "A lot of the problems is that we haven't been able to practice. That's got a lot to do with it in terms of guys knowing rotations, knowing when we're going to sting someone on the post. I mean, there are a lot of things that come into play when you're talking about trying to build a defensive team, guys in the lineup based on injuries."

Amar'e Stoudemire: "He's growing, that's all I can tell you. He's more engaged and more in tuned to what we want done, especially on the defensive end. ... His energy level is where it needs to be. Offensively, he's been playing beautiful basketball. I'm proud of Amar'e because he has put in a lot of time this summer."

Frontcourt significance: "I think for us in the long haul as we continue this journey is going to be the play of Amar'e, Tyson and Melo together. ... Eventually we will get to it throughout the course of a game, big minutes. We're slowly working our way there. Statistically, they are playing pretty well together. ... That's going to be pivotal for our ball club."

Rasheed Wallace and Marcus Camby: "We're not rushing them back. Rasheed is on the floor shooting some, but we haven't started to run with him yet. ... Camby is probably a little bit behind him in terms of his foot and getting back. But eventually, they will be back."

http://espn.go.com/blog/new-york/knicks/post/_/id/34760/woodson-our-offense-has-been-stinking

Last edited:
Zik which refs? That guy from Brooklyn Is definitley shady towards us

Oh wait Tim Doughnaghy was "rogue" right?
This guy for one

I can't find regular pics of these guys on any site so I can't find the other guy (and I don't know their names) but he has a big jaw, Ben Affleck like-Jay Lenoish kind of jaw. Dude is such a ******g lame.

When I search NBA ref/officials on google images all I get are the vets like ****, Bennett, etc. and it's not them I'm looking for.

Last edited:

This guy is on my **** list. always has an issue

here's a garbage foul that let minny beat the sixers

^ @that giff

All those trade propositions involving melo need to stop.

Novak can go as his production has been 0.

He's one of the guys to me that is just dumb and inexperienced. He needs to go to the d-league. I feel he's really embracing one of those unwritten rules of officiating; Once you blow your whistle for a foul even if there wasn't one never take it back. I remember the game with Spike in the pic. I could see on his face he knew he ****** up but he had to not buckle to the pressure and stick to the bad call. Notice it's the vet refs that will confidently admit they made a mistake and reverse a bad call or now at least review it. The young ones just **** up or get too emotional and it's up to the vet ref apart of the team to talk to him or overrule dude but more times than not they have to support them so they don't feel like vaginas.

Last edited:
J.J. >> Novak. Seriously.

forgot to add a few >>>>>
It's why JJ gets paid more and why we won't get him.

Right now with Novak I don't even feel it's the opponent's defense anymore. I think he had no pressure on him last season cuz he was a nobody and now ppl have expectations of him this season and he's kinda just getting mind ****** by it all. The honeymoon is over and he can't get right. It's almost like adding other moves in his game (pump fake step in/to the side and shoot instead of drawing a foul) has hurt his overall game/shot.

I can only hope for some timely 3s in the playoffs with STAT and Melo playing at a high level

Novak is a shooter and all shooters eventually get off slumps. Give it some time and with the ball movement coming back, he'll see a lot of open 3's again.

Our biggest problem right now it's our offense. It's the swiss cheese defense that we've been playing the last 3-4 games. Felton needs to get himself back into the flow of the offense, he will continue to be aggressive again on that end. You can tell he's playing passive, considering he hurt his hand trying to stop a penetration play. He'll come around.

Hopefully the next 5-6 games can bring us back into how we were playing in time for the tough February we're going to have. We need to beat Boston, Toronto and Philly the rest of the way going forward. We can't lose to them. Brooklyn has a better division record than we do right now.

Novak is a shooter and all shooters eventually get off slumps. Give it some time and with the ball movement coming back, he'll see a lot of open 3's again. .

with that said, if he doesn't know the first 2-3 jumpshots you have to take him out of the game. He does nothing else and cannot create his own shot (we all know that). If he comes off the bench and makes his first 1-2 shots then you give him some PT, otherwise you have to take him out quick.

Back
Top Bottom