and we're done

This is how I know some of you only watch Knicks games and still have the nerve to comment on things you know absolutely nothing about . JJ Redick IS a good defender period , nothing anybody says can change that. He's not athletic by any stretch but dudes is fiesty on the defensive end to say it best . Shumpert is extremely overrated by Knicks fans its ridiculous y'all continue to ask the question who's gonna stop Wade in the playoffs its damn sure not gonna be Shumpert , Wade averages like 26 a game on 50+ % shooting on dude . The real "wade stopper" if their is one is Ronnie Brewer dude has some of the worst games in his career with Brewer defending him . If y'all don't like what I'm saying don't be upset with me the stats speak for themselves . Its crazy cause just a couple weeks ago Redick came in the garden and straight embarrassed shump woody had the bench him and throw different defenders at him to slow him down .

*waits for acl excuse to be used to ignore that Shump couldn't stop a non athletic spot up shooter to drop buckets on his head possession after possession*

You guys need to watch more games if you don't think he can penetrate and kick and defend. He's been a point guard without point guard handles and quickness for the magic. If he had those assets he would have even more assists per game.

He would be such a good asset for you guys it's not even funny. Easily outclasses Novak. His upside's probably not as high as Shumpert but right now he easily outclasses Shumpert too.

Shumpert is a better one on one defender yes. But that's it right now.

Bottom line, i think Knicks should keep Shumpert but only because of upside and potential and you guys will neeed all the defense you can get in the playoffs. You already score enough points.

Last edited:
The debate isn't whether Redick is better player than Shump. JJ has been in the league for 7 years I would hope he is further along than a 21 year old who played one year of college ball. The question is does JJ put us over the top? Does JJ put us over the top when we play Indy who forces us to take 3's? Does JJ put us over top versus Miami, when Miami is one of the most athletic teams in the league? The answer is no. So why take a chance on Redick?

You can say "oh well, he dropped 30+ points on the Knicks", yeah well he went 3-10 against the Knicks in January. Look at his game logs, he inconsistent as hell, almost as bad as JR.

It sounds like you haven't been reading the posts of your brethren. And my posts have been more about addressing misinformation about Jj than supporting a trade for him. I've already gone on record saying I would keep Shump.

why on earth would anyone want another undersized Three point shooter on this team. Reddick is not a GOOD defender he's average at best.. Add in the fact that this team is trying to contend in the playoffs do you really want him guarding Paul George, Wade etc etc..

shumpert is back two weeks in his second season and dudes want to trade him for a role player.... it's clear to me that knicks fans are as delusional as my fellow laker fans

why on earth would anyone want another undersized Three point shooter on this team. Reddick is not a GOOD defender he's average at best.. Add in the fact that this team is trying to contend in the playoffs do you really want him guarding Paul George, Wade etc etc..

shumpert is back two weeks in his second season and dudes want to trade him for a role player.... it's clear to me that knicks fans are as delusional as my fellow laker fans

10-18 - 28 points / 10-22 22 points / 10-18 28 points

Wade against Shump last year. Yall need to cut this elite defender nonsense he has the potential to be one in the future but he is not one right now. 

Last edited:
It wasn't directed towards you. The justification to trade from some Knick fans in here makes no sense. Yeah, we have a short window, but JJ isn't going help us more to get a championship. JR, Novak, Kidd, and Felty start knocking down shots, and nobody is having this debate.

his potential > JJ

JJ is not gonna come here and remotely effect D.Wade because physically he just can't. He's a better shooter than shump & quite frankly the Knicks already take WAY to many threes why add another one

Honestly nobody is gonna "stop" Wade one on one. He's gonna have the officials help regardless who guards him. He'll get 20+ on ANYBODY including A healthy Shump. But it will be a hard 20. He will work for that 20. And he will turn the ball over many more times with Shump applying pressure then Redcik applying eeeerrr-pressure. (If that's even possible)

Wade would avg 40 on Redick. I have no doubt about that.

Wade against Shump last year. Yall need to cut this elite defender nonsense he has the potential to be one in the future but he is not one right now. 

and shump guarded him the entire game?

and shump guarded him the entire game?
Dudes coming with the imaginary arguments.

Back
Top Bottom