and we're done

SMH

I don't think Shumpert is that great but he's easily our BEST defensive player. So why get rid of him to get another player that can't play defense? We have enough ****** defensive players. Bad move and a dumb move.

Shump is WAY more athletic even with the injury. He is a WAY better defender, and I don't think Wade, Paul George/granger or D Will will have any problems with a guy like Reddick. Bad enough we have Kidd and Felton getting torched by every fast PG. Who will we throw at those kinds of players without Shump? Brewer? Lol. Everybody hated him since his good start and now "he can fall into place" ? :smh:

When exactly would we be running curl plays for Reddick? :lol: his role would be a spot up shooter. Shump can score off his defense and offensive rebounds. He's a way better asset for THIS team. He doesn't need a play called for him. Reddick does.

Shump can actually score on a 1 on 1 situation if need be as well.

We are already a bad rebounding team. Shump gets us 5+ a game. Reddick would be lucky to get 2. And NONE will ever be offensive.

Ya acting like we got a major post presence for J.J. to flourish off of. He ain't gonna do nothing but hit jump shots. We already got guys that can do that.

I don't even understand why I gotta argue this point. Shump for Reddick!!!!! :rofl: its ridiculous.

What makes anyone think Shump will return to his old form?

Considering his age, his explosiveness and ability before the injury I would put my money on it considering he's doing ok 10 months after his surgery. He's 21 years old for christ's sake. Dajuan Blair doesn't even have any ACL's, so I'm sure Shump can make a full recovery. :rolleyes

It's a tough argument when it's clear most people trashing JJ have not  seen him play outside of Orlando-New York games or randomly in the playoffs in recent years.

He's a very solid player. 32 minutes this season he's got 15 points, 4.5 assists, and has a 60% TS% (Iman shot 48%TS last season by comparison)

If we're worried about Miami. They've only played once but JJ got busy with 5 3's and 23 points. And last season he shot 48% from 3 against Miami as well (11/23).

And to be honest, Iman being the better one on one player is not enticing to me. It's great when they need it, but with JR and Melo out there, the lack of a one on one scorer is not a concern to me. We'd have to run plays for JJ? OH NO THATS TERRIBLE!!! Our offense might have to be consistent and stick with a gameplan?!!? And even with no plays, he'd be the best shooter on the team immediately.

Youth and upside do not matter to me. It sucks, but a lifetime of Knicks disappointment means I don't have time for waiting around. If a player can help this team win now (literally this season) then I make any trade.

Again, I'm not saying Iman won't bounce back or he won't make some big plays in the playoffs potentially... but it's not that insane to think JJ for Iman is a fair trade.

Last edited:
JJ can do a lot more than Novak. The pump-fake, one dribble, pass routine from Novak is getting old. JJ can run through screens, turn, and shoot.

And dribble and pass. JJ's offensive game is the most complete it's been in years. You knicks fans are loyal fans but would make horrible gms.

He's avg. that on the Magic. He's probably their no. 1 option. He'd be Landry Fields status on the Knicks.

The point I was trying to make about running plays for him was, I prefer a guy who can get his own shot, create opportunities on his own on the defensive end/offensive rebounding rather then someone we have to call sets for, when we have Melo and Amare controlling the ball most of the time.

Last edited:
Shump is WAY more athletic even with the injury. He is a WAY better defender, and I don't think Wade, Paul George/granger or D Will will have any problems with a guy like Reddick. Bad enough we have Kidd and Felton getting torched by every fast PG. Who will we throw at those kinds of players without Shump? Brewer? Lol. Everybody hated him since his good start and now "he can fall into place" ? :smh:

When exactly would we be running curl plays for Reddick? :lol: his role would be a spot up shooter. Shump can score off his defense and offensive rebounds. He's a way better asset for THIS team. He doesn't need a play called for him. Reddick does.

Shump can actually score on a 1 on 1 situation if need be as well.

We are already a bad rebounding team. Shump gets us 5+ a game. Reddick would be lucky to get 2. And NONE will ever be offensive.

Ya acting like we got a major post presence for J.J. to flourish off of. He ain't gonna do nothing but hit jump shots. We already got guys that can do that.

I don't even understand why I gotta argue this point. Shump for Reddick!!!!! :rofl: its ridiculous.

We weren't flourishing with a major post presence early in the season were we? We were getting it done with ball movement and a shooter at every position. And yes, being able to hit a shot off a screen when our best shooter can only catch and shoot and is rendered useless once a body is near him is valuable. You keep saying we already got guys who can do such and such but fail to realize that they aren't being used properly and it's primarily because of the fact most of them play the same position.

Shumpert is a better defender but how long is it going to take him to get back to that? Being fresh off of an ACL injury plus playing out of position every night is doing him or the team no favors. He isn't shutting down anyone currently and who knows if he'll be there when the playoffs roll around.

As for offense, we use a lot of pick and rolls. You don't think J.J. Redick on a team with a two good pick and roll players in Amare and Tyson would help us out?

I'm not opposed to trading Shumpert, but I think it's stupid to trade him when his value is this low. Knicks could've got more for him last summer, and I believe if he gets back to form by season's end he can be packaged for a starting caliber player. Reddick is borderline starter IMO. I'd like to see Woodson try a lineup of Felt, Shump, Melo, Stat, Tyson.

Shump for JJ isn't a good look. His value should go up in the offseason. Reddick is borderline starter on most teams.

Playing the first NBA street and we got spree, H2O, and Cambyman lolololol.

I forgot. So many years of having crappy teams in videogames

Gabe when the hell has Shump ever been a good one on one scorer ? Sons handle is weak as **** and blows more layups than Melo. He's supposed to be this athletic freak but in actuality he struggles doing things that most athletic guards do well like fininshing at the rim and having a quick first step . Dude is not even in the same tier offensively as Redick and quite honestly not better defensively than him at this point . JJ puts in the ECF along with a healthy Camby and Sheed

Back
Top Bottom