and we're done

This was the week of trolling:

-SONY holds a big show announcing the ps4, doesn't show the actual console
- Michael Bay says that Megan Fox is the new April O'Neil in the new ninja turtle movie
- Knicks keep on losing
- And Tommy Kairaa couldn't get his corks on NDC :smh:

Indeed... I've said as much since last year. The team bounced back after Dantoni left and road that momentum. Woodson still seems like the same coach from Atlanta.

If we hit the playoffs healthy, I'm not worried about any team but the Heat and Bulls, in terms of getting out of the first round. Kidd's got to play less though. Thought we needed a guard more than Kenyon Martin, and we end up sending away our best 2/3 perimeter defender. Makes no sense.

There has to be more to this than Shumpert not getting back into motion. Amare got back after 10-12 games, he had a solid game again tonight. I'm thinking Shumpert isn't confident with his knee yet. He's not trusting the knee. You can see it by the way he's playing. He barely attacks the rim anymore. Something had to have happened during practice or something for him to lose his aggressiveness.

I'm just hoping he'll get it together by April.

Amare solid scoring wise? Because defensively the guy is looking worse by the game.

Amare/Melo works offensively but when Melo isn't out there hustling and playing hard on the defensive end its almost impossible to play both of them together (especially with Novak out there with them)....almost becomes a joke to watch.

You can hide 1-2 bad defensive players, but not when a majority of the team is playing poorly in that area.

Toronto is not a physical team though. We just didn't play good defense for most of the game. If we had we don't even lose the lead.

As for Shump, he's getting inconsistent playing time. Woody needs to address that starting lineup though. Maybe if we lose to Philly he'll get right.

There has to be more to this than Shumpert not getting back into motion. Amare got back after 10-12 games, he had a solid game again tonight. I'm thinking Shumpert isn't confident with his knee yet. He's not trusting the knee. You can see it by the way he's playing. He barely attacks the rim anymore. Something had to have happened during practice or something for him to lose his aggressiveness.

I'm just hoping he'll get it together by April.
To me, if you play him 30+ minutes the way Woodson is playing Kidd, Shump will get back in his groove sooner than later. I've seen enough dunk attempts and him fall down not to think this is about confidence in his knee or trusting it. Dude showed he still had his athleticism back in London against Detroit. Maybe something has happened in practice to cause a setback but I feel by putting him on the court and forcing him to be in the thick of it he'll be productive. It'd only take one game to see the change, not counting a bad shooting night.

Congrats to Melo getting his number retired! We had ENC1101 together!!! :lol:

Defense is still nonexistent, which I hold Melo accountable for. It starts with him. I want to see Melo diving into crowds like he was earlier this season! Stop blaming "Melo ball", before last night nobody could hit a shot to save their life.

On another note, what's up with Berman trying to start things?

i was at the game yesterday. and a lot of things stood out more than i expected.

our offense sucks. takes way to much time to get it going.
when the initial play doesnt work, someone gets the ball outside the 3, calls for Tyson to set a pick. then blah blah blah
that leads to Tyson being tired of course.
this 'Melo ball' works. but the whole team should know that the offense runs through MELO.
so many times where Melo fights for position on one side, then they swing the ball to the other side. WUT R U DEWING FELTON/JR/PABLO?
in which Melo gets frustrated, then doesnt fight for position (since he knows he wont get the ball and is lazy), gets the ball outside the 3, calls for a Tyson/Stat for a pick blah blah blah

our initial defense is good, they are just way too friggin lazy.
most of the time the defense isnt on the same page.
(ex. when Felton doesnt fight over a screen, Tyson or whoever doesnt hedge, wide open shot.
when Felton fights over a screen, Tyson or whoever doesnt hedge, wide open lane)
its really frustrating to watch because that ^ should be defense 101. especially from a defensive coach. SMH
switching on every play, doesnt friggin work. dont know why they just trap.

Woodson doesnt trust Shump. Shump played well, dont know why he didnt get anymore PT.
Kidd should be coming off the bench. a pass first guard with a bunch of scorers (JR/Novak/Stat)

i know what i stated is obvious but eff it. ive seen this thing happen for over a month now, but nothing has changed. i really want to know what the heck Woodson is doing. i get that hes sticking to the plan, but theyre losing.
and honestly, i dont see anything changing. if its been this long and he hasnt changed anything, why would he change now?
same thing as the Chicago/Houston games. he didnt change a damn thing. Woodsons friggin stubborn bruhs

/RANT

PS Jrue will light up Felton tmrw.
5 game losing streak lehh goo

I started playing 2k again recently and realized that when I don't wanna put in the focus to play defense I just throw my defenders around gambling, making crappy double team attempts, trapping at stupid times, letting defenders get a step on me trying to get a block, and reaching to gamble for steals.

And when I watch Amare defend, that's exactly what he does.

He doesn't wanna make the extra mental effort to play "boring" defense, and just stay at home with his man, stay in front, and contest leading to a difficult shot.

He takes the easy way out and someone needs to check him, HARD.

Someone just needs to let him know what the deal is. I can't see a dude like Tyson doing it, but if its anyone its gotta be him to let him know that he's out there giving it all on that end while he's taking the easy way out and hurting his teammates.

It doesn't matter if he's out there scoring in difficult and spectacular ways when he gives up easy buckets to scrubs. 2 points is 2 points.

Back
Top Bottom