and we're done

This Kidd situation is really pissing me off. He HAS to sit. It's not just a few games we're talking about here. He hasn't been worth a damn in months. While our options aren't great, they're better than what we have currently. I honestly can't see Kidd finding his game again. Even with extra rest. He's not game tired like say Melo, he's season tired. I didn't think he had another season in him before this year and he started off great but now I'm thinking I was right. He looks beyond washed.

This Kidd situation is really pissing me off. He HAS to sit. It's not just a few games we're talking about here. He hasn't been worth a damn in months. While our options aren't great, they're better than what we have currently. I honestly can't see Kidd finding his game again. Even with extra rest. He's not game tired like say Melo, he's season tired. I didn't think he had another season in him before this year and he started off great but now I'm thinking I was right. He looks beyond washed.

I have to agree that Kidd needs to rest. I think for about 2 weeks would do him and the team well. I have stated this before on here that I do not think that he is washed up or done but he needs to rest so we can have him fresh for the playoffs.

Woodson sucks. How the hell do u keep riding Kidd so hard and not let Amare get ANY minutes down the stretch ?

Woodson sucks. How the hell do u keep riding Kidd so hard and not let Amare get ANY minutes down the stretch ?

It's gotta be preferential treatment. Kidd wouldn't have been with us if we told him he wouldn't be finishing games. I'm almost certain that's the case with Kidd.

A little bit of it has to do with Shumpert getting back to form as well. He still isn't 100%.

EDIT: Also, look on the bright side fellas--Chicago, Boston and Brooklyn all lost tonight.

Last edited:
Well he's with the team now... so be a coach and make the right decision. Kidd is a pro. Getting some rest before the playoffs > closing out random games in February.

You guys thinking warriors are still the 12th seed in the west :lol:

May i remind you this is a different team, both teams have the same amount of wins, and Warriors play in the west and not the weak *** east.

Anyways i look forward to the game vs Knicks, Carmelo is my favorite player in the league so i root for the Knicks in the east :D

off topic, i just copped a older al harrington jersey in da older style pre rev 30 home color..bout to turn that ***** into melo ASAP
smokin.gif

Kidd can still close out games, just cut down on his damn minutes. It's getting ridiculous. He clearly needs a break, but Woodson plays him as if he's keeping us in games. I really don't understand it.

Also, how about the fact that we have 2/5 of that Nets team that swept us years back. I hated that team.>:

You guys thinking warriors are still the 12th seed in the west
laugh.gif

May i remind you this is a different team, both teams have the same amount of wins, and Warriors play in the west and not the weak *** east.

Anyways i look forward to the game vs Knicks, Carmelo is my favorite player in the league so i root for the Knicks in the east
happy.gif
Agreed. I dont know what anybody hating on the Warriors is talking about. Weve taken very similar paths this season as well. We have both pretty much sucked prior to this season for a couple of years (with the exception of 2 easy first round playoff exits by the Knicks the past 2 seasons), we are both unproven in the payoffs compared to other teams in our conference, and we have both had our ups and downs this season and at around the same time as well.

I love Mark Jackson and outspokenly wanted the Knicks to hire him instead of ******g D'Antoni, Im a big Steph curry fan as well, and DLee will always and forever be my homie and possibly my favorite non-Knick in the league right now. Warriors are definitely my squad out West and I wish yall the best of luck this season. 

Having said that lets get this W, get back on track, and beat the Heat for the 3rd time this season later this week because they have been on another level lately, and they would wipe us off the court with quickness the way we have shown up to most games recently.

[h1]Kidding Around: Checking in with Jason Kidd, Amar'e Stoudemire, and the New York Knicks[/h1]
Kidd is in a slump. No, check that. Kidd is in a morass. No, check that. Kidd is in the Great Grimpen Mire and we may never see him again. Jason Kidd, who already has a plaque gathering dust as it waits for him in Springfield, has missed 34 of 41 3-point attempts, including six Sunday night, in a closer-than-it-should-have-been, sparing–you–from–watching–Seth MacFarlane 99-93 win over the Philadelphia 76ers.
The Knicks didn't sign Kidd to hit 3-pointers in February. They signed him to hit Carmelo Anthony in the eyeball with a pass at a critical moment of a game in June.
Their leading scorer is Carmelo Anthony, who is dead in the middle of his prime; with LeBron James and Dwyane Wade, he's part of the great triumvirate that came into the league at the same time. He can be an unstoppable scorer — 29 points Sunday night, including 16 of 18 from the line. The Knicks kept isolating him at the top of the key against Thaddeus Young, and this was the equivalent of ringing the dinner bell. He also is a maddeningly apathetic defender, and there is a radius of unlikability around him on the court that's hard to dismiss. There's the smirk. There's the passivity when his team doesn't have the ball. And there are those moments when Melo tends to harsh the general mellow in unnecessary ways.
However, central to this Knicks win was the play of Amar'e Stoudemire — he of the many injuries and the wandering apostrophe. In 22 minutes he had 22 points, and it was his play, inside and outside, that gave the Knicks the lead they would not relinquish. His first two baskets were putbacks, and it became plain quickly that the Sixers couldn't find an answer for him; Hawes certainly wasn't it.. Stoudemire's only been back from a knee injury since New Year's Day, and his minutes are being limited, and he's the star of the New York second unit, and that seems fine for him at the moment.
A lot of NBA players are pursued by the doppelgänger of who they once were, or, worse, who they might have become. (In Jason Kidd's mind, and in his memory, I guarantee those 3-point shots go in.) The question becomes how you live with that doppelgänger going forward. A lot of players never figure that out. Stoudemire seems to be learning how. After all he's been through, what you see on the floor now is always shadowed by what could have been, and what remains in memory.

Last edited:
You guys thinking warriors are still the 12th seed in the west :lol:

Anyways i look forward to the game vs Knicks, Carmelo is my favorite player in the league so i root for the Knicks in the east :D

The east isn't weak as it used to be. 6th, 7th, and 8th place are Chicago, Boston, Milwaukee

Back
Top Bottom