and we're done

If Los voted yes for STAT then I back him, I voted for him and I'm not ashamed. I know I'll catch flack, but hear me out: alright Melo wouldn't be here if not for the first shoe dropping, STAT. How much blame does the medical staff get? Look at the injuries they misdiagnosed, how long do you think Melo played with a bum knee before he got it drained? Yeah STAT got injured in Phoenix, he sat out and didn't look like he missed a beat. So there's no telling what was missed during his original knee injury. Dude has heart and is willing to work on his game. I'm just like it would be miraculous if he was traded, but he isn't likely to be. From all of the rumblings I hear their more likely to trade Tyson. I don't think that Melo is wrong for wanting a second scorer, but first about an offense that moves the ball first? I think the team's problems are deeper than STAT but he is the easiest to blame. This is the same team fo that thought about trading Shump for Jared Dudley.

i'd take a chance on thomas robinson :nerd:

I actually considered this yesterday when a buddy of mine was talking about the Rockets' situation.

I doubt Houston lets him go so soon, unless he's really THAT awful. Sacramento didn't give him a chance, but that franchise didn't have a chance to begin with :lol:

I wouldn't mind having him on the team. Too bad we won't get him.

Spotted Shump at the Yankee game last night. He was hugged up with my boo Elle Varner. I want him dead until the season starts.

As for our roster, we really really need a dynamic 2 guard. Someone who plays both ways every night and can get out on the break. Shump is not the answer at the 2. The problem is there's not much out there. Also need a legit post threat. None of what we need is in the budget though. So yeah, we're screwed unless someone makes a foolish deal with us. We might need to consider trading Tyson. I don't like what we saw from him this year at all.

I like Shump at the 2 a lot and with a better point guard and a full off-season under his belt, you see strides in Shump's offense. Ideally, I'd like two draft picks here. One for a point guard (Schroeder) and the other for Dieng. Wonder what it would cost for the Mavs pick.

David West is killing the Heat. David West also shot below his season average with Melo guarding him. But according to Colin Cowherd, Melo is a one dimensional player.

As far as offseason moves, trading Chandler is prolly a bad move. He was definitely still hurt the whole playoffs. I hated the guy as much as everyone else during that run, but theres not much else out there. Unless we move him to get CP3 (yea thats back) then dont bother.

I do want Matt Barnes tho. He is a nice spark off the bench and can knock down his shot from the corner when called upon, rebounds and assists well for a bench guy. Clippers didnt go very far this season all things considering. So he may want a change and hes usually pretty cheap since you have to deal with his attitude that a lot of teams wont touch.

Other than that please let Camby and Kidd retire so we can pick up something like Dalembert for cheap as a backup for Chandler. And resign Kmart. Other than that we cant do much unless Amare is miraculously dumped or he takes a pay cut. Neither of which have any chance of happening.
David West is killing the Heat. David West also shot below his season average with Melo guarding him. But according to Colin Cowherd, Melo is a one dimensional player.
He just regurgitates old **** now. If its not a Heat or Lakers game he prolly doesnt even watch basketball. Just checks box scores and goes off that. Dude is a clown.

Last edited:
Yo, I just looked at salaries for last season. Matt Barnes was only making 850K, please sign Matt Barnes. Dude is super underrated if thats all you have to pay the guy.

I like Shump at the 2 a lot and with a better point guard and a full off-season under his belt, you see strides in Shump's offense. Ideally, I'd like two draft picks here. One for a point guard (Schroeder) and the other for Dieng. Wonder what it would cost for the Mavs pick.
Shump has made strides with his shot but that's really about it. He hasn't proven to be a threat going to the hole drawing fouls or finishing and he also isn't very good in the open court. I believe we finished dead last in fast break points. We honestly can't wait the one or two years its going to take for Shump's offense to round out. We need a real threat at that 2 spot.

And I agree its probably pointless to trade Tyson. Really there isn't much out there at any position that can be acquired for the low. Nothing but guys we can't afford and contracts we can't take on.

I do that trade. Larry Sanders alone makes the deal worth it. Could maybe swing another move and send BJ to Sacramento for Tyreke :nerd:

i like jennings but for some reason i just dont see that ending well on a team that already has jr and melo.  i also dont understand the concern at the sg position.  we got the sixth man of the year and a possible future dpoy, we're good at the 2.  what i am curious to see is if we go with the 2 pg lineup again. 

That too. But I just want this Championship lol.

We were good if JR didnt disappear. So I dont think we need a huge overhaul. Just a backup Center who can play more than 4 minutes before going out for 3 months. And another guy who can hit a shot off the bench in the playoffs (yea im looking at you Kidd)

i like jennings but for some reason i just dont see that ending well on a team that already has jr and melo.  i also dont understand the concern at the sg position.  we got the sixth man of the year and a possible future dpoy, we're good at the 2.  what i am curious to see is if we go with the 2 pg lineup again. 
6th man is the 6th man for a reason. And your shooting guard should be a shooter. Not a "possible future dpoy" (a bit much, no?).

6th man is the 6th man for a reason. And your shooting guard should be a shooter. Not a "possible future dpoy" (a bit much, no?).
shump actually developed a pretty good jumper while coming back from injury and now that he is getting his athleticism back he can definitely be a threat in the open floor. lets see what he can do starting a season healthy before we try to knock him for not being d wade 2.0 quite yet

shump actually developed a pretty good jumper while coming back from injury and now that he is getting his athleticism back he can definitely be a threat in the open floor. lets see what he can do starting a season healthy before we try to knock him for not being d wade 2.0 quite yet
"According to a source, Anthony has told a confidant he is concerned management will stand pat this offseason and said he believes the team needs to add a bona fide secondary scorer for the Knicks to take the next step and win a championship.

The source said Anthony loves combo guard Iman Shumpert, 22, and projects him as a superstar, but not for two seasons."

I agree with Melo's assessment.

Back
Top Bottom