and we're done

Do we have JR's bird rights if he chooses to opt out after this year? I know he has a player option on the 2nd year. 4/36? 4/32? This guy's relationship with Woody is so key too.

Last edited:
Do we have JR's bird rights if he chooses to opt out after this year? I know he has a player option on the 2nd year. 4/36? 4/32? This guy's relationship with Woody is so key too.

Yep, :pimp:
The Knicks will have Smith's early Bird rights after next season, meaning they can exceed the salary cap to re-sign the shooting guard if he decides to decline the 2013-14 player option.

http://espn.go.com/new-york/nba/story/_/id/8146452/jr-smith-re-sign-new-york-knicks

I'm happy for Cope, man.

Just watched him in the post-game interview on NBA TV Game Time.

Seems like a real humble and hardworking kid.

I see them firing avery and bringing in sloan.

They'd never hire Sloan. Sloan despises Deron and wont ever be on the same team with him ever again. Dude coached in Utah for 20+ years and Deron came in and ran him out.

Phil is a possibility for Brooklyn though, but I don't see it happening. He wants total control of a team he's on and have final say in all decisions. Dude also wants to be an extension of a legacy with a team too. That's why LA didn't hire him. Egos were a problem.

With Prokorov and all the people in Brooklyn, I doubt they let Phil have that much power. Not to mention the whole Jay-z thing. I just don't see Phil fitting into that culture.

Besides all of that, considering this in a complete basketball point of view--Phil will only coach a champonship ready team i.e. Miami, LA, NY, Clippers and Chicago. Still a possibility though.

Last edited:
last night was 1 of our worst games but thanks to JR, we pulled through. I was glad during the summer when the Knicks re-signed him. I knew he was going to be more of a blessing than a hinderance. When that man is on, he is ON :smokin

Good to see Camby getting in some work, 9 rebounds in 13 minutes :smokin

And J. Kidd leading the floor like the veteran he is :smokin

Man I appreciate JR and Woody's relationship. The respect JR has for his coach is turning him into the beast that he always could have been. I liked his game when he was in Denver, he was just a knucklehead. Now he's showing maturity on the court and he should be a top candidate for most improved/6th man with Melo MVP and Woody COTY.

^ This. I'm happy for earl and the way the Knicks are playing to shut people up, but if we would've had this earl in Denver and the leadership melo has now since he could always fill it up they could've won the whole thing since they gave two games away in the series but with the said 21-8 is :smokin

goes to show the impact of how much confidence a coach has in you. glad swish is doing his thing, maybe now he could get to that ray allen level.

Last edited:
Always thought karl was overrated. He wouldnt let melo shoot more than a few 3s a game. Didnt know how to handle JR.

Then u have the payton/MJ situation. And all the 1st round exits

I feel like hes very good at overachieving with a team of no stars tho.

Why would you guys want them to fire Avery? Let that team rot into the abyss with him for all I care
laugh.gif
exactly

Could have been worse I suppose.

At least this forces him to heal up, because he's been struggling with his shooting and part of that ha to be those bruises.

I think his struggles were mostly cuz of the injury so this is probably a good thing. But that's a looooong time. And it sucks that it happened when amare comes back.

Damn, this team is deep, but I hope injuries don't catch up to us. And I hope they don't all occur at the worst time, heading into May.

Btw, I'm amazed by Jason Kidd. For years my boy had regarded him as the best ever and I denied simply out of hate lol.

Blessing In disguise with that injury. This allows him to chill out, rest up for a bit.

Stat comes back, we can get him working with Melo and Tyson via KIdd and Prigs.

Shump comes back, relieves some of Kidds minutes.

Sheed comes back, along with camby , they preserve Tyson and Stats bodies.

Felton comes back, we got a couple months to gel as a whole unit, and our main guys should be rested, due to not playing full 82 games.

Thanks glen. You really built a good one.

Back
Top Bottom