Anfernee Hardaway= Hall of Fame?

Originally Posted by fac3 tak30v312

Originally Posted by FIRST B0RN

Originally Posted by fac3 tak30v312

Anfernee Hardaway= Hall of Fame?
T- Mac
There you go now debate....... I'd say no .... at least not first ballot he needs a solid playoff run first

732355b441fe70706f61b423ffd1f25a8e8c9bc.gif

Great Job bro .. Way to use the English language to prove your point .... I guess Chest Bashing and Bat waving is more your speed with words like ME NO LIKE

I am sorry, I assumed you rode the short bus to school and that a .gif would be more your speed. Anyone who thinks T-Mac is HOF worthy is eitherA.) ******ed and should wear a helmet or B.) A stan who knows absolutely nothing about basketball. Step your basketball knowledge up before you try to come atme sideways
grin.gif

Only on NT,
roll.gif

Never understood the deep infatuation with Penny Hardaway. He had a few good season, not enough to consider him an elite player. Injuries robbed him, butthey happen. A couple of solid kicks (Penny I & II, not a fan of Foams
ohwell.gif
).

Penny was a solid player, but the myths and legend of Penny seem to grow bigger on NT every year,
smh.gif

You want to talk about someone being robbed of a great career by injuries....

001093812.jpg

I guess signing with Fila doesn't get you as much love as being with Nike.

Grant Hill was
smokin.gif
, my favorite player besides MJ and Pip.

Grant Hill was robbed by the Detroit medical staff....man..to me, given what I recall reading/hearing...most the subsequent injuries would have been avoided ifhe never went back into that playoff game.

Wow... no. 0% chance; maybe even smaller. There's tons of players who've had way better careers than Penny that have been left out of the HOF.

Having a cult following does not equal HOF status.

Nah, he hasn't done enough in his career. It's not about the what if's for the hall, it's about what's been done.

Originally Posted by FIRST B0RN

You know what man I forgot where I was .... where name calling and faux elitism counts as facts and data ... It's funny how I'm supposed to be the oneon the short bus when the best response your mind could comprehend was a gif and subsequent name calling .... however I do apologize for giving in to anger andstopping free falling to your level ....... Also I don't know about where you learned aboutdiscussions but simply because I put something up for debate doesn't equal fanaticism
Like it said in my last post I could see T-Mac getting there NOT NOW but at the end of his career if when his contract is up he get's on a championshipteam ... Injuries aside he has put together enough great seasons and has a serviceable skillset where if he doesn't have to carry a team on his back hecould be a great 2nd or 3rd option

GTownBaller23 wrote:
jeddahblaster wrote:
NCAA All American, NBA First Team, Rookie Team and lead Orlando Magic to its first championship appearance. He deserves it to become an hall of famer

��

I literally laughed out loud at that video
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

I'm a huge Penny Hardaway fan and remember his games in the mid-90's, but if you really look at his career, he's only had 3-4 years of legitimatework.

as much as i liked him in his prime NO... i rather have chris webber get in the hall instead

You guys can mock the thread starter if you want but this is not a slam dunk no. Penny was a great scorer back in his day and arguably the second best guard inthe east behind jordan. Not to mention his was a great defensive player. Don't get me wrong if he didn't have those injuries he is a lock to be in thehof. i remember kenny smith talkin about penny when the played against the rockets in the finals. Also, the hof does take in account injuries. Bill waltonplayed 13-14 seasons in the league and half the time he spent on the bench wearing a suit do to injuries. Now, i'm not comparing the two players juststating the both player's career was cut short due to injuries. Not to mention penny was on the first "big" guards in the league that couldhandle the rock. Dude was 6'7 could shoot, blow by you and create his own shot. Without him we ain't talkin about d.rose, d.will and for that matterhedo or t-mac. Penny revolutionized the way we look at perimeter players in the league.

I think a better player to insert would be grant hill. I live in michigan but was never a piston fan but i respected his game. He gave everybody in the leaguefits. Nobody could guard him one on one. That's just the reality of the situation. After Harold Miner bombed out, everyone was looking at grant to becomethe "next jordan".

Although penny got to the finals, i would grant hill's resume'. Grant Hill has more of a case than penny.

Originally Posted by 3900stabler

You guys can mock the thread starter if you want but this is not a slam dunk no. Penny was a great scorer back in his day and arguably the second best guard in the east behind jordan. Not to mention his was a great defensive player. Don't get me wrong if he didn't have those injuries he is a lock to be in the hof. i remember kenny smith talkin about penny when the played against the rockets in the finals. Also, the hof does take in account injuries. Bill walton played 13-14 seasons in the league and half the time he spent on the bench wearing a suit do to injuries. Now, i'm not comparing the two players just stating the both player's career was cut short due to injuries. Not to mention penny was on the first "big" guards in the league that could handle the rock. Dude was 6'7 could shoot, blow by you and create his own shot. Without him we ain't talkin about d.rose, d.will and for that matter hedo or t-mac. Penny revolutionized the way we look at perimeter players in the league.

I think a better player to insert would be grant hill. I live in michigan but was never a piston fan but i respected his game. He gave everybody in the league fits. Nobody could guard him one on one. That's just the reality of the situation. After Harold Miner bombed out, everyone was looking at grant to become the "next jordan".

Although penny got to the finals, i would grant hill's resume'. Grant Hill has more of a case than penny.
aaek001_16x20magic-johnson-ball-in-left-hand-posters.jpg

Back
Top Bottom