Known ANNOYING POP UPS/AD WHILE BROWSING NT

I have been getting the same robot voice and redirect to the play store on Galaxy S8+/Chrome for about 3 weeks id say. I thought it was an isolated NT thing, then I got it while on another site in chrome.

Just today my mother in law started hearing and she had heard it on my phone before when she was looking at it. She called me today to ask how to clear out her history and such. She called from another phone and i heard in the background her phone did the same robot voice thing (she aint on NT :lol:)

She cant remember if she used chrome or samsung internet, im thinking chrome but either way something is going around :smh:

I get that robot voice about 2-3x a day. I googled it and people's diagnosis' are all over the place. I think it may be chrome based

The voice says: "Warning your device is running critically low on memory. Please update/use android cleaner" - redirects to google play store

Other says: "Warning your device is running (cant remember) Please update your android media player" - redirects to google play store

I was getting the same pop up at least once a day but I haven't had it once since I stopped using Chrome

"Warning your device is running critically low on memory. Please update/use android cleaner"

I am getting this 4x per week.

Annoying when it happens when I am in public

Annoying AF in public. Ive made a conscious effort to just keep my volume all the way down from now on and just turn it up when i need it. BEYOND annoying/slightly embarassing in public

^ i get the same warnings as you, at first i thought it was a virus from my habitual xvideos visits lol.

Good to know im not the only one.

First thing i thought and i was like ____ :smh:

Pop up blocker caught this one just now but 5 seconds later it opened another pop up, i backed out of it not thinking to get the info.

Screenshot_20181110-200212_Chrome.jpg

I have been getting the same robot voice and redirect to the play store on Galaxy S8+/Chrome for about 3 weeks id say. I thought it was an isolated NT thing, then I got it while on another site in chrome.

Just today my mother in law started hearing and she had heard it on my phone before when she was looking at it. She called me today to ask how to clear out her history and such. She called from another phone and i heard in the background her phone did the same robot voice thing (she aint on NT :lol:)

She cant remember if she used chrome or samsung internet, im thinking chrome but either way something is going around :smh:

I get that robot voice about 2-3x a day. I googled it and people's diagnosis' are all over the place. I think it may be chrome based

The voice says: "Warning your device is running critically low on memory. Please update/use android cleaner" - redirects to google play store

Other says: "Warning your device is running (cant remember) Please update your android media player" - redirects to google play store

^ i get the same warnings as you, at first i thought it was a virus from my habitual xvideos visits lol.

Good to know im not the only one.

Annoying AF in public. Ive made a conscious effort to just keep my volume all the way down from now on and just turn it up when i need it. BEYOND annoying/slightly embarassing in public

First thing i thought and i was like ____ :smh:

Yeah that voice is driving me nuts. Wish I could find the source.

For those encountering this audio ad, are you all using Android? Where did you encounter it on the site? (Front page, thread, forum, pm?)

Do you have a screen shot showing the ads on your browser while the audio is playing, or of the page you are redirected to?

The more information I can share with our team, the better.

For those encountering this audio ad, are you all using Android? Where did you encounter it on the site? (Front page, thread, forum, pm?)

Do you have a screen shot showing the ads on your browser while the audio is playing, or of the page you are redirected to?

Im using android, galaxy s8+

Its just randomly on NT. I encounter it more on NT than other sites but I have had it happen elsewhere. The audio plays then just as its finishing up it redirects you to the Google play store.

Its not really an ad i would say just some kind of bug trying to make you download that app. Which im not even sure its actually a play store app but it sends you there. When it happens again i will be sure to screen shot.

Heres one of the google play redirects. This is the app it sends us to. (Below)

Here's the new redirect I'm getting...

Screenshot_20181028-150800.png

Its just randomly on NT. I encounter it more on NT than other sites but I have had it happen elsewhere. The audio plays then just as its finishing up it redirects you to the Google play store.

Its not really an ad i would say just some kind of bug trying to make you download that app. Which im not even sure its actually a play store app but it sends you there. When it happens again i will be sure to screen shot.

Yeah I get the same.

I'm on a Galaxy S8 Android.

Yep, kicks2024 kicks2024 used my screenshot. I'm on a Google Pixel 2 XL, using Chrome. I get it in Jordan and General (really the only places I go) and there's no rhyme or reason to it. Happens within threads, happens when I'm navigating back to the main forum pages. Don't even have to be clicking on anything. Sometimes it just happens as I'm scrolling.

Yeah same here, on a galaxy note 8.

Just got the device low on memory robot again, 1st time since the post i made on sunday

I was in the Fantasy Football thread and redirect to play store again

Screenshot_20181113-141434_Google Play Store.jpg

Just hopped on NT on my laptop and got redirected away from the wrestling thread before I even logged in

The address was http://gbf2217.space followed by a TON of random characters

I'm using Chrome on Windows 10

The page also played a very loud high pitched tone...scared me and made me jump :lol:

I’m getting redirected constantly. Took about 10 tries just to make this post.

579C4451-ADFD-46B9-B2E4-52302DA946C8.jpeg

Site has been almost completely inoperable. Had these pop up back2back2back nearly 20x.

Attachments

• 86222602-BD2D-4746-9BD7-1A76EEA08D5A.png
    86222602-BD2D-4746-9BD7-1A76EEA08D5A.png
    488 KB · Views: 6
  • 9C068EB5-896B-4EC0-ADA8-CDD3A0C91E08.png
    9C068EB5-896B-4EC0-ADA8-CDD3A0C91E08.png
    486.4 KB · Views: 5
  • 9C216C10-9799-493E-89B6-14A664780DFC.png
    9C216C10-9799-493E-89B6-14A664780DFC.png
    603.1 KB · Views: 6
What’s going on this weekend? I’ve never seen it this bad before.
I’m on Chrome iOS12.0 and popups and redirects everywhere on the site.
Looks like some are hidden too like when I click on a page number a pop up site comes up. I then have to close it and press the same page number again

What’s going on this weekend? I’ve never seen it this bad before.
I’m on Chrome iOS12.0 and popups and redirects everywhere on the site.

Looks like some are hidden too like when I click on a page number a pop up site comes up. I then have to close it and press the same page number again
Some users are definitely being hit harder by this than others, so it's possible that this is one of those cases where the ads are influenced by things like recent browsing history (or, in the case of AdSense, whatever Google has on you.) Tracking those down can be difficult for our team, as we could load the same page on NT thousands of times and see different ads than you are.

To help us identify and remove the redirects you're seeing as quickly as possible, please take a screenshot. Sometimes the same pop up will be served by different domain addresses - and we need to identify and block ALL of them to resolve the issue.

Sometimes clearing your browser's cache can help, too, so I'd recommend giving that a try.

As always, the team and I greatly appreciate everyone's patience and support. We'll continue working through the weekend to try and get this resolved as quickly as possible.

I havent had the robot memory low thing in a long time (since posting about it last in Nov)

Back
Top Bottom