Known ANNOYING POP UPS/AD WHILE BROWSING NT

Attachments

• 59405128-2243-452C-B1BE-840D030F59F0.png
    59405128-2243-452C-B1BE-840D030F59F0.png
    243.8 KB · Views: 9
Yes, I monitor this and other reporting threads and bring each one to the attention of the ad ops team. They have been made aware of the issue.

Thank you all for taking the time to help us track these ads down. Screenshots are especially helpful, but if you can’t capture and ad or the URL, it would still be helpful for us to know what browser and OS you were using, and where, specifically, on the site you were when you encountered the problem.

Right now, this seems to be exclusive to mobile devices. We’ll do our best to have these malicious ads blocked as soon as possible.

In the meantime, I greatly appreciate everyone’s patience.

Noticed I’ve been getting redirected to some of these same spam pages (started today) when pressing on the top right corner (alert/message/user cp buttons) .

Tried logging out / deleting cookies / logging back in and it hasn’t redirected me yet . Did this ~ten minutes ago tho so not sure if its a proper fix

*Only tried on Mobile
Apple iOS 12.1 / Safari

Same here Meth. Apple iOS 12. Safari on mobile. Sometimes it pops up when I’m starting to type up a response. One time I refreshed a page I was already on and that one I posted above popped up

Same here Meth. Apple iOS 12. Safari on mobile. Sometimes it pops up when I’m starting to type up a response. One time I refreshed a page I was already on and that one I posted above popped up
I’ve seen a “World Cup” variant as well, also on Safari for iOS.

It seems like there’s more than one out there, so the more screenshots we have, the more help we’re providing the team to track down all of the different permutations of this across the networks.

Overall, ad quality has been on the rise in recent weeks, but keeping it that way requires constant vigilance. I’m hopeful that, with everyone’s help, the team can get this sorted soon.

Thanks, guys!

Yea, I’ve been getting the Congratulation popup for the last two days while browsing on mobile.

1D370C70-2439-40E9-9991-3E2758B4D3AB.png

While typing in the Dunk SB thread. I’m on iOS Safari 12.0

I’ve seen a “World Cup” variant as well, also on Safari for iOS.

It seems like there’s more than one out there, so the more screenshots we have, the more help we’re providing the team to track down all of the different permutations of this across the networks.

Overall, ad quality has been on the rise in recent weeks, but keeping it that way requires constant vigilance. I’m hopeful that, with everyone’s help, the team can get this sorted soon.

Thanks, guys!

I've been getting one with audio that says OUT LOUD my media player is out of date and I need to get a newer version, then tries to redirect to my app store.

Here's the new redirect I'm getting...

Screenshot_20181028-150800.png

Got this after a robotic voice saying my phone is low on memory.

I have been getting the same robot voice and redirect to the play store on Galaxy S8+/Chrome for about 3 weeks id say. I thought it was an isolated NT thing, then I got it while on another site in chrome.

Just today my mother in law started hearing and she had heard it on my phone before when she was looking at it. She called me today to ask how to clear out her history and such. She called from another phone and i heard in the background her phone did the same robot voice thing (she aint on NT :lol:)

She cant remember if she used chrome or samsung internet, im thinking chrome but either way something is going around :smh:

I get that robot voice about 2-3x a day. I googled it and people's diagnosis' are all over the place. I think it may be chrome based

The voice says: "Warning your device is running critically low on memory. Please update/use android cleaner" - redirects to google play store

Other says: "Warning your device is running (cant remember) Please update your android media player" - redirects to google play store

"Warning your device is running critically low on memory. Please update/use android cleaner"

I am getting this 4x per week.

Annoying when it happens when I am in public

Back
Top Bottom