Another Car Question.. Opinions are appreciated NT. (Charger vs Challenger)

Your mom will pay the down payment on a new 2011 Challenger. . And you are still unsure. .

Get the Challenger!!

Since you're looking at a Challenger SE and your mom is willing to cover the down payment, then I say go for it.

I had and SRT Charger and currently have an SRT Challenger and there is no way in hell I would buy either one brand new, when they go for roughly 42k and 48k new. I drove the Charger off the lot for 25k and the Challenger for 32k... both with really low mileage and in tremendously clean condition. But again, I'm talking about the SRT's. For the SE, the difference between new and used is almost non existent so if you can get it new, then go for it. I wouldn't get the Charger R/T used simply because the front end on them is pretty crappy and will need to be replaced before the car hits 75k miles.

I agree that if you're gonna get either of those cars, you should go V8 or go home, BUT in the end it's your decision to decide what you're gonna get and drive what's gonna make you happy. If those were my two choices I would go with the Challenger. You get a sexy car for under 25k, you get the warranty (which is a tremendous plus), and you get a V6 which is decent on gas so it won't kill your wallet.

Since you're looking at a Challenger SE and your mom is willing to cover the down payment, then I say go for it.

I had and SRT Charger and currently have an SRT Challenger and there is no way in hell I would buy either one brand new, when they go for roughly 42k and 48k new. I drove the Charger off the lot for 25k and the Challenger for 32k... both with really low mileage and in tremendously clean condition. But again, I'm talking about the SRT's. For the SE, the difference between new and used is almost non existent so if you can get it new, then go for it. I wouldn't get the Charger R/T used simply because the front end on them is pretty crappy and will need to be replaced before the car hits 75k miles.

I agree that if you're gonna get either of those cars, you should go V8 or go home, BUT in the end it's your decision to decide what you're gonna get and drive what's gonna make you happy. If those were my two choices I would go with the Challenger. You get a sexy car for under 25k, you get the warranty (which is a tremendous plus), and you get a V6 which is decent on gas so it won't kill your wallet.

Back
Top Bottom