Another look at how good sea glow works on XI bottoms

Originally Posted by vipersupra

Can sum1 post a step by step on how they get rid of yellowing on clear soles pls. Or a video. Also if sum1 has tips nd tricks on how to use seaglow and silken seal stuff. Id appreciate it. I haven't done this stuff so ima give it a shot. I don't wna ruin my breds nd jams so if anyone out here who's done this to their 11s pls share.. thanks NTers. =)

You won't ruin your "breds" cuz they're colored. Seaglow works on clear soles and white rubber.

Step by step is right here. Scroll down to the sea glow section --> http://niketalk.com/topic/15471

There are different methods on how to apply seaglow. Check out YouTube cuz there's more than one way to apply, sit dry, etc. I'm about to try the UV light method instead of using sunlight. Hope I could help.

Originally Posted by Daver

Can sum1 post a step by step on how they get rid of yellowing on clear soles pls. Or a video. Also if sum1 has tips nd tricks on how to use seaglow and silken seal stuff. Id appreciate it. I haven't done this stuff so ima give it a shot. I don't wna ruin my breds nd jams so if anyone out here who's done this to their 11s pls share.. thanks NTers. =)

You won't ruin your "breds" cuz they're colored. Seaglow works on clear soles and white rubber.

Step by step is right here. Scroll down to the sea glow section --> http://niketalk.com/topic/15471

There are different methods on how to apply seaglow. Check out YouTube cuz there's more than one way to apply, sit dry, etc. I'm about to try the UV light method instead of using sunlight. Hope I could help.

so you're saying just seaglow the breds just like how i would seaglow jams since it has clear soles. no need for RED RIT to mix with or anything? it will not fade d red sole correct? sorry newbie here.

so you're saying just seaglow the breds just like how i would seaglow jams since it has clear soles. no need for RED RIT to mix with or anything? it will not fade d red sole correct? sorry newbie here.

I was talking about not ruining them since they're not clear soles. When you talk about adding red rit, your in another ball game. Over time the red soles would/will fade to a lighter shade. Unless you have some OG XI's from '95, then red rit would be good. I haven't seen 2001/CDP needing any of that yet. Remember, seaglow is used to prevent/remove oxidation (yellowness) from clear/white rubber.

I was talking about not ruining them since they're not clear soles. When you talk about adding red rit, your in another ball game. Over time the red soles would/will fade to a lighter shade. Unless you have some OG XI's from '95, then red rit would be good. I haven't seen 2001/CDP needing any of that yet. Remember, seaglow is used to prevent/remove oxidation (yellowness) from clear/white rubber.

Originally Posted by NobleKane

anybody know if seaglow works on the mesh of the V?
Some say yes, some say no. The results vary, but the general consensus is no, it doesn't. Try a little bit anyway to see. I've had seaglow for three years now and I've been too lazy to try. Shame on me.

Originally Posted by NobleKane

anybody know if seaglow works on the mesh of the V?
Some say yes, some say no. The results vary, but the general consensus is no, it doesn't. Try a little bit anyway to see. I've had seaglow for three years now and I've been too lazy to try. Shame on me.

Back
Top Bottom