Another OSU* Bust in the making...

75% of the people that root for OSU do it because they see everyone else rooting for OSU. And yes OSU is a GOOD program, not GREAT or ELITE like some"fans" would say. Getting exposed in 2 straight NC games doesnt help

Originally Posted by wohcttank

And yes OSU is a GOOD program, not GREAT or ELITE like some "fans" would say
I've heard it all.

Unless you're referring to Oklahoma State. Or Oregon State. Certainly not the Browneyes.

Originally Posted by 18key

Originally Posted by kingkb34

The hate on us (Ohioans, OSU, etc.) is getting worse everyday...did one of us harm family members of y'all or what... got damn.

It's more like your states undeserved elitism is annoying and the preference OSU gets in football is ridiculous.
Blame the media and bowl sponsors for that. We bring fans to wherever they play and money talks in this society.Why do you think the Hawaii Bowl was happy as hell to have ND play in their game? They knew the fans would travel and thus the game would make more money thanif say a Colorado (just throwing that name out there) made it to that bowl. Large and loyal fanbases are the main reason teams get special treatment and theBuckeyes have that.

Originally Posted by acidicality

Originally Posted by Fear The Ibis

Down goes Beanie
Posted by Mike Florio on August 1, 2009 10:22 PM ET
Durability concerns likely caused running back Beanie Wells to slide to the bottom of the first round of the 2009 draft.

And on the same day he signed a rookie contract and got to work, Beanie got hurt.

He was carted off the field with a left leg injury, according to the team's official web site.

His status for Sunday's practice isn't known. But any time the term "cart" is used in the football context without "golf" in front of it, there's reason to be pessimistic.

State of Ohio FTL

and my hate for ohio state comes from the bs pass interference call.....glenn sharpe never was the same after that
smh.gif

75% of the people that root for OSU do it because they see everyone else rooting for OSU. And yes OSU is a GOOD program, not GREAT or ELITE like some "fans" would say. Getting exposed in 2 straight NC games doesnt help
whats wrong with rootin for the team you grew up with. i dont see your point so since i didnt go to OSU i cnt be a fan even though i am born andbreed in in columbus **** with that nonsense
but gettin to 2 straight NC games is great and elite not top tier elite but still elite. they have been a top 5 program in this decade even though alot ofhaters would disagree you cant knock the facts.going to 6 BCS bowl games 5 conference titles an a National Championship this decade.
the Elite squads this decade would be
1. florida
2. usc
3.lsu
4.okalahoma
5.ohio state

Florida is the only ELITE team in CFB right now, am I wrong in saying that OSU and UF cannot be put in the same argument?

and it seems to me that living in columbus would give you a connection to the team, hometown maybe?

[table][tr][td]
on_line.gif
wohcttank[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td][-][/td] [/tr][tr][td]
Posted: 08/03/09 1:56 AM
[/td] [td]
Florida is the only ELITE team in CFB right now,
[/td] [/tr][/table]
[table][tr][td]
on_line.gif
dreClark[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td][-][/td] [/tr][tr][td]
Posted: 08/03/09 1:42 AM
[/td] [td]

And yes OSU is a GOOD program, not GREAT or ELITE like some "fans" would say
I've heard it all.

Unless you're referring to Oklahoma State. Or Oregon State.
[/td] [/tr][/table]

Originally Posted by 18key

The hate on us (Ohioans, OSU, etc.) is getting worse everyday...did one of us harm family members of y'all or what... got damn.

It's more like your states undeserved elitism is annoying and the preference OSU gets in football is ridiculous.
Blame the media and bowl sponsors for that. We bring fans to wherever they play and money talks in this society. Why do you think the Hawaii Bowl was happy as hell to have ND play in their game? They knew the fans would travel and thus the game would make more money than if say a Colorado (just throwing that name out there) made it to that bowl. Large and loyal fanbases are the main reason teams get special treatment and the Buckeyes have that.
Dont get me wrong, I blame the media for part of it too.

Originally Posted by Gregory House

Originally Posted by fearthenut

But I'm part of the sports forum just as much as you or anyone else, yet he has the right to divide and decide who has precedence?

I think not. Idiot.

Ank Yew.

you definitely told me with your uppity talk.
grin.gif

Nice adjective. Yet you refused to rebuttal towards what I had to say.

Instead, just tried to make a wry comment that really didn't help you in any way.

Game. Set. Match.

Instead, just tried to make a wry comment that really didn't help you in any way.

Game. Set. Match.
I was referring to ank yew, but okay. Yes, we do have a precedence here. As long as you don't make an outlandish remark or feel vex by everylittle remark toward your team, because it's going to happen. And if haven't noticed Ohio has not done anything significant, but choke in the biggames. That's why everyone in here is hating on OSU.

Originally Posted by Gregory House

Game. Set. Match.
I was referring to ank yew, but okay. Yes, we do have a precedence here. As long as you don't make an outlandish remark or feel vex by every little remark toward your team, because it's going to happen. And if haven't noticed Ohio has not done anything significant, but choke in the big games. That's why everyone in here is hating on OSU.
The past 6 years we've been to 6 BCS gamees, had a 3-3 record and 1 National Championship.

And you call this not "doing anything significant".

Surely we've under-achieved in the recent past, but as far as the decade goes, we're right up there with anyone else (aside from SC, who is just inanother galaxy). It's very clear to see this.

This just goes to show post count means absolutely nothing. And you feel there should be precedence in this forum?

laugh.gif
based on what?

Since Ohio State is not getting much love in here, let me cherish it by watching this again. Go NU! Surprised at all the Buckeye hatethough

Originally Posted by bijald0331

Since Ohio State is not getting much love in here, let me cherish it by watching this again. Go NU! Surprised at all the Buckeye hate though
Surprised?! You must not venture into Sports & Training during college football season.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by gobucksBC

Originally Posted by bijald0331

Since Ohio State is not getting much love in here, let me cherish it by watching this again. Go NU! Surprised at all the Buckeye hate though
Surprised?! You must not venture into Sports & Training during college football season.
laugh.gif

You're right, I don't. Coming from a current Northwestern student, I wish my football program was half the program Ohio State is. They are damn goodand only a handful of teams, maybe not even that, can say they are more successful this decade.

All this OSU hate is out of hand.

It is everywhere, trust me.

Chester don't get mad because Oregon has not produced any good pro talent recently.

Calling someone a bust before they play a game is ridiculous.

On the other hand, GO BUCKEYES!!!!!!

If all the states that start with the letter O were to fall off the map, the country would be a better spot.
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom