Another Paypal thread

So I just sold a pair of shoes through paypal and had him gift the payment. He's asking me to send to a new address because he moved.

Am I covered or could he still pull something? The only reason I asked for gift was because of the address thing.

Not sure

You should be good if he sent as a gift unless he paid by credit card

If he paid by credit card he can file a chargeback and its very difficult to beat a chargeback

Not sure

You should be good if he sent as a gift unless he paid by credit card

If he paid by credit card he can file a chargeback and its very difficult to beat a chargeback

What if I record proof of authenticity, packing and shipping in one interrupted video?

It's what I've done the last 3 times, but I haven't had to use any videos yet.

I would just refund and not chance it. Seems like a potential headache

What if I record proof of authenticity, packing and shipping in one interrupted video?

It's what I've done the last 3 times, but I haven't had to use any videos yet.

Yea I always record myself at the post office packing and carrying in line to the post office worker

I've never had to use a video either so I'm not sure how effective it is combating a dispute

I feel like I would just avoid it though since it might be a potential hassle

Come on op use common sense here. You mail shoes to a different address, he files a charge back on his cc. CC company sees that the address involved in transaction isn't connected with card holder, end game you're screwed.

So I just sold a pair of shoes through paypal and had him gift the payment. He's asking me to send to a new address because he moved.

Am I covered or could he still pull something? The only reason I asked for gift was because of the address thing.

If it is a gift payment then I am assuming there is no "shipping address" associated with this payment. Are you saying your gift transaction details gives you a shipping address? Also, if he paid with a credit card and reports unauthorized use, or reports it stolen, the payment will be reversed and you will be out of your money with no resolution process since it was a gift.

Aw shucks. And here I thought gift was good.

So there is nothing I can ask him to do to prevent any of that?

And no, there is no address in the transaction details.

Aw shucks. And here I thought gift was good.

So there is nothing I can ask him to do to prevent any of that?

And no, there is no address in the transaction details.

I had someone try and play me recently. Its sad how high we have to keep our guard. Thanks to this post and solebythepound and others im learning about this gift option. Does "gift" work out often?

Back
Top Bottom