Antihero appreciation

You know, im starting to agree with you more and more. Its crazy bc for all his ferocity, Wolverine has been a victim of circumstance, and an unwitting tool in other ppls plans countless times
Weapon X kidnapped him and implanted him with adamantium
The Canadian Gov't turned him into an assassain
Alpha Flight took him in, and when he left the tried to reaccquire him by force
He went crazy when Magneto pulled his adamantium out
Nick Fury has used him countless times
Hes been cloned, then had his clones sent at him as assasains

Theres plenty more examples im sure

goodfellas_joe_pesci.jpg

Dude was a definite villain. He was the worst of him Tommy and Henry.

nah, Hanniba lecter isnt an anti-hero. he just was having fun with Clarice. He may seem like it because he isnt the stereotypical villain.

As for Batman, it all depends on which version you go with. If you choose the non JL version where you have him cleaning up the mean streets of gotham and he is a vigilante, yea he could be considered an anti-hero. Because while the reader knows he is a hero, he works outside the "hero rules" sorta. Now if you ake other versions of batman where you have him chilling with the Justice league and they are a group of heroes, hes not really an anti-hero anymore.

Some of you have the antihero thing confused.

Itachi is definitely an antihero. Hannibal Lecter is not. Magneto switches between sympathetic villain and antihero.

I never thought about putting Tony Soprano in the 'antihero' category but you could make a case for him.

My !#%!# though.
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by ATLien Seeko
Why do you think Light is an antihero?
I don't disagree with your opinion but I'm interested in knowing you consider Kira to be an antihero.

He was an antihero until L's death. Then that 2nd part after the victory pushed him past deluded and he became the very evil he thought he was brave enough to kill. In the beginning he was all about getting rid of all the evil ppl and trying to make the world a better place his way until he got sucked in to who is smarter pissing contest with L.

Galactus aint no antihero, he's a cosmic force
laugh.gif
That's like saying tornadoes are antiheroes.

Originally Posted by iYen

Why do you think Light is an antihero?
I don't disagree with your opinion but I'm interested in knowing you consider Kira to be an antihero.

I'm on episode 31/37 right now, so I'm speaking from that point of view. He's both a hero and an antihero, at this point, so I'm really excited to see how they close it out.

Originally Posted by ATGD7154xBBxMZ

He was an antihero until L's death. Then that 2nd part after the victory pushed him past deluded and he became the very evil he thought he was brave enough to kill. In the beginning he was all about getting rid of all the evil ppl and trying to make the world a better place his way until he got sucked in to who is smarter pissing contest with L.

laugh.gif
See your point.
This will forever be one of the coldest scenes of any media I've seen.

laugh.gif
See your point.

And I'll stop reading this thread right here... Goodnight...

laugh.gif
See your point.

And I'll stop reading this thread right here... Goodnight...
My bad.
laugh.gif

That scene isn't in the anime so watch it after you're done.

Back
Top Bottom