Any doctors here??

Originally Posted by UptownsDotNetStacky

Originally Posted by Dmvbatman

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
do a doctor even have time to be on niketalk?

Do a doctor?????.....speaking like that I'd be surprised if you knew how to say you ABCs without singing them
i know how to speak proper english very well, this is niketalk, and this is the weekend, school is out.

you're worried about checking my post because I typed out "Do a doctor" negro please, go somewhere.

with that ******ed @*@ s/n.

Originally Posted by TypeRPinoY

not in residency yet....just started the interview process for a spot in anesthesia....being wined and dined is pretty nice...but you have to take everything with a grain of salt. no one is going to say their programs sucks and you shouldn't go there so of course they are going to try to present themselves well...i've only had 3 interviews so far and i'm already tired of them...20 more to go lol.

just suck it up lol. once youre done with step 1 its on to clinical rotations where the real learning begins.

i hear 4th year can be expensive, not that it matters. i'm sure you'll end up somewhere perfect.

I just need to make it to winter break unscathed, then rev it up on the step one studying. Any advice?....i got usmlerx, kaplan qbank to study for my classes, and starting uworld in january.

not in residency yet....just started the interview process for a spot in anesthesia....being wined and dined is pretty nice...but you have to take everything with a grain of salt. no one is going to say their programs sucks and you shouldn't go there so of course they are going to try to present themselves well...i've only had 3 interviews so far and i'm already tired of them...20 more to go lol.

just suck it up lol. once youre done with step 1 its on to clinical rotations where the real learning begins.

i hear 4th year can be expensive, not that it matters. i'm sure you'll end up somewhere perfect.

I just need to make it to winter break unscathed, then rev it up on the step one studying. Any advice?....i got usmlerx, kaplan qbank to study for my classes, and starting uworld in january.

how's the process been so far? far as the time put in with studying?

how's the process been so far? far as the time put in with studying?

think about the most you have ever studied in your life......and that is probably less than what it takes to get through a week of first or second year med school

think about the most you have ever studied in your life......and that is probably less than what it takes to get through a week of first or second year med school

a week of med school is a semester in college....and that may possibly be an understatement. my head hurts sooo much.
laugh.gif

%$$ is membranoproliferative glomerulonephritis?
laugh.gif

I've read up on kidney pathology from 3 different sources and im still not entirely sure what's going on.
laugh.gif

a week of med school is a semester in college....and that may possibly be an understatement. my head hurts sooo much.
laugh.gif

laugh.gif

I've read up on kidney pathology from 3 different sources and im still not entirely sure what's going on.
laugh.gif

sick.gif
sick.gif
whoa, thanks for the insight man.

your dedication must be crazy....but it'll all pay off in the end, and I know your family will be proud.

sick.gif
sick.gif
whoa, thanks for the insight man.

your dedication must be crazy....but it'll all pay off in the end, and I know your family will be proud.

Anton, I feel you man... this week has been hard on me, not sure why. 
eyes.gif

I wanted to some quick review of things we've covered thus far over break, but honestly I don't plan on doing ANYTHING. F it.

Originally Posted by AntonLaVey

4th year can definitely be costly. $1500 just for step 2. at least $500 for ERAS applications. then you have to budget for all the traveling. but it's been a blast. i have all my requirements for graduation done, so after interview season i am straight chillin til i get to rock that funny hat and they hand me my diploma in may. 

step 1 was only a year and a half ago but it seems like so long....i used kaplan qbank, First Aid, and the Goljan lectures. I didn't knock it out of the park, but did well enough to be competitive for an anesthesia residency. as bad as it may sound, i was more of a realist so I knew if i got x score on Step 1 I wouldn't really have a probably getting a good residency in the field i wanted to go into. that's a little different if you have no i dea what you wan to do...but rest assured if i knew i wanted to family medicine or something like that i would have been fine with like a 200 lol. 
i out goljan's lectures on my ipod and listened to them everywhere for like 5 weeks. in the car, at the gym, in the library. some people might say otherwise, but First Aid was really my go to resource. sure there are minor errors here and there but if you study that you should be just fine. 

i didnt really start studying until classes got out for the summer. so in total i think i only had 5 weeks of dedicated studying. but again, I did well enough to be a competitive applicant. 

Anton, I feel you man... this week has been hard on me, not sure why. 
eyes.gif

I wanted to some quick review of things we've covered thus far over break, but honestly I don't plan on doing ANYTHING. F it.

4th year can definitely be costly. $1500 just for step 2. at least $500 for ERAS applications. then you have to budget for all the traveling. but it's been a blast. i have all my requirements for graduation done, so after interview season i am straight chillin til i get to rock that funny hat and they hand me my diploma in may. 

step 1 was only a year and a half ago but it seems like so long....i used kaplan qbank, First Aid, and the Goljan lectures. I didn't knock it out of the park, but did well enough to be competitive for an anesthesia residency. as bad as it may sound, i was more of a realist so I knew if i got x score on Step 1 I wouldn't really have a probably getting a good residency in the field i wanted to go into. that's a little different if you have no i dea what you wan to do...but rest assured if i knew i wanted to family medicine or something like that i would have been fine with like a 200 lol. 
i out goljan's lectures on my ipod and listened to them everywhere for like 5 weeks. in the car, at the gym, in the library. some people might say otherwise, but First Aid was really my go to resource. sure there are minor errors here and there but if you study that you should be just fine. 

i didnt really start studying until classes got out for the summer. so in total i think i only had 5 weeks of dedicated studying. but again, I did well enough to be a competitive applicant. 

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif
lol that stuff is pretty high yield for both step 1 and step 2. 

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif
lol that stuff is pretty high yield for both step 1 and step 2. 

anesthesia is a good residency, you should be proud
pimp.gif

I'm honestly not sure what I want to do I'm leaning toward radiology, or a surgical subspecialty depending on how ambitious i feel. Either way I wanna knock the step one out the park  just to keep the doors open so to speak.

first aid has been my bible since first year, i always refer back to it after reading the main texts and review books. goljan is cool, but for some reason i hate listening to people lecture me
laugh.gif
 i have to force myself to listen to his lectures for each subject in path. Goljan path book is amazing tho
pimp.gif

anesthesia is a good residency, you should be proud
pimp.gif

I'm honestly not sure what I want to do I'm leaning toward radiology, or a surgical subspecialty depending on how ambitious i feel. Either way I wanna knock the step one out the park  just to keep the doors open so to speak.

first aid has been my bible since first year, i always refer back to it after reading the main texts and review books. goljan is cool, but for some reason i hate listening to people lecture me
laugh.gif
 i have to force myself to listen to his lectures for each subject in path. Goljan path book is amazing tho
pimp.gif

youre lookin at at least 230 to be competitive for some of those residencies. i was considering ENT for a while too and I know a lot of those programs have strict cut offs where they wont even consider your application with a step 1 score less than that.

youre lookin at at least 230 to be competitive for some of those residencies. i was considering ENT for a while too and I know a lot of those programs have strict cut offs where they wont even consider your application with a step 1 score less than that.

yea...i'm aiming for 240+ just to be on the safe side...easier said than done. My school makes us take nbme miniboard exams and i've done 85-90th percentile on the ones i took first year so there's hope.
why are there so many antibiotics
sick.gif
?  

These descriptions in pathology never look like what they claim it looks like. Syphilitic aortitis don't look like no damn tree bark. I don't see the crescent in crescenteric glomerulonephritis. LOL @ these heart sounds, I don't hear the "open snap"

end rant
ohwell.gif

yea...i'm aiming for 240+ just to be on the safe side...easier said than done. My school makes us take nbme miniboard exams and i've done 85-90th percentile on the ones i took first year so there's hope.
why are there so many antibiotics
sick.gif
?  

These descriptions in pathology never look like what they claim it looks like. Syphilitic aortitis don't look like no damn tree bark. I don't see the crescent in crescenteric glomerulonephritis. LOL @ these heart sounds, I don't hear the "open snap"

end rant
ohwell.gif

the great thing about usmle testing is they will give you more than one way to diagnose a disease. so you dont hear the s4 for LVH. they'll also tell you the guy has had uncontrolled hypertension for 30 years and stable angina.

the great thing about usmle testing is they will give you more than one way to diagnose a disease. so you dont hear the s4 for LVH. they'll also tell you the guy has had uncontrolled hypertension for 30 years and stable angina.

Back
Top Bottom