Any Golfers on NT?

Got my 718 Ap2s on Wednesday and hit them off the grass today. Definitely got to get used to the weaker lofts, but they're on the money.
Did you try out the new ap3s when you got your 718 ap2s? Heard they are super forgiving for a titleist iron

Nah I didn't get a chance to try out the AP3s. I've heard some good things them tho. I actually got fitted about 3 months ago, and the 716 AP2 were the club I hit best out of all major brands. I almost ordered them, but then I decided to wait for these instead.

Well, enjoy. The boss's Kid plays them at the course I work at, and he has had nothing bad to say about them since he bought them.

Do not mind it when sales reps call and want to have a meeting this afternoon on the course

Headed to Napa this weekend, going to watch the Safeway Open and the start of the season!!

It was pouring last year, should be fun. Anyone else going?

How hard to you find them to hit? was thinking of grabbing a set of ping's
I'm not a great golfer by any means. I'd consider myself "good" (and terrible on some days :lol:). I played super game improvement irons before switching over to the blades two years ago, and honestly my scores didn't change one way or the other. I don't find them any more difficult to hit. My feeling is that a fat/thin shot is always gonna be fat/thin regardless of what iron is in your hand. Would a bad shot be a little less bad if I was using a thicker iron? Maybe, but in my experience the difference is negligible.

I'd definitely give them a try if I were you. For me, the look behind the ball is like night and day. I can't stand how game improvement clubs look anymore. And for me, they're just more fun to play. You will have to get used to the different lofts since game improvement clubs are typically alot stronger lofted than blades.

Maybe try looking on eBay for a used set of some old blades. Drop ~$200 as a test run rather than going all out for a new set and then being out $1200+ if you don't like them. I think you will though.

How hard to you find them to hit? was thinking of grabbing a set of ping's

If your handicap isn't below 15 then you shouldn't play blades.

The reason I say this is, if you're not hitting the ball in the sweet spot consistency then blades aren't the best choice. I played Ben Hogan blades a few yrs back and hated them. You really feel miss-hits with blades vs " improvement" clubs, which use weights and dampeners to reduce vibration/ counterbalance miss-hits etc.

All that said you can usually find a demo iron for pretty cheap at your local golf store or online ( ebay). Most golf club demos are 7 irons with standard length/ lie, that would give you an idea if blades are for you vs buying a full set.

^ Yeah that's conventional wisdom, but even if you're 15+ I still suggest trying them out. Imo they're not as difficult to hit as popular opinion suggests.

Yeah my HC is around 19 and id say the majority of my poor shots have to do with bad face striking precision. Probably sticking to game improvement irons ahah thanks for the info.

Mods feel free to delete if its unallowed, i have a set of nike ignite irons (4-pw) + Adams wedge (56-11) .. Used to be my brothers set if anyone is interested feel free to PM me, hes letting them go for pretty cheap.

^ Yeah that's conventional wisdom, but even if you're 15+ I still suggest trying them out. Imo they're not as difficult to hit as popular opinion suggests.
Agreed there is some false intimidation in playing with "blades".

What made you switch to them vs improvement irons ( for lack of better word lol)

Yeah my HC is around 19 and id say the majority of my poor shots have to do with bad face striking precision. Probably sticking to game improvement irons ahah thanks for the info.

When I bought my current set of irons ( R11s) I was debating again to give blades a try again but didnt see the need in spending the extra money and I was able to do what I wanted with improvement irons. So it came down to R11s vs AP2 and the R11s looked better at address for me. Though I wished they had the rifle shafts in the AP2 lol.

Man my irons are old lol, time for some new ones.

Agreed there is some false intimidation in playing with "blades".

What made you switch to them vs improvement irons ( for lack of better word lol)
A whim :lol:. I think I was at a Golfsmith and I just hit a demo MP5 7 iron for like a half hour straight and loved everything about it. Started bargain hunting and got a great deal on a set a few weeks later and that was that.

Ended up grabbing a last minute deal today off a friend of a pro from a local course.

Go a full set of M2's for $500 cash + the bag.

Photo 2017-10-12, 7 19 12 PM.jpg

Very nice :pimp:.

You guys live where you can play year round? Being in the Northeast sucks but the past couple of years I've been able to play in comfortable weather all the way into December. Two years ago I played on Christmas Eve in some shorts :lol:.

You guys live where you can play year round? Being in the Northeast sucks but the past couple of years I've been able to play in comfortable weather all the way into December. Two years ago I played on Christmas Eve in some shorts :lol:.
Thanks man, cant wait to play them... Im in canada (Toronto) probably have another 2-3 weeks before most courses shut it down for the winter unless we get a lucky with some heat

Last edited:
Course a couple blocks from my girls school changed their tee times and screwed up my whole morning... Tried to scramble to find a tee time and it didn't work... Hope the weather stays this way until November

Played my first round with my M2's today.. shot 13 over on the front 9, was a record 5 over on the back 9,

Crazy how much easier these things are to hit, albeit the course was not terribly hard but was quite the confidence boost for the new clubs

When I use to live in VA, I played all yr around. But when I lived in Chicago courses shut down after halloween.

I seen my neighbor headed to the course the other day, as I was taking my kid to school :rolleyes

Pretty new to golf......Got a question for ya'll.

I just picked up a 60 LW today on a random bin deal and went to the range to practice with it. For some reason, 99% of the shots I swung would fade slightly to the right. I would pick up my SW, and play the exact same shot with the exact same grip and it would be dead straight.

Is there something I'm missing?

After doing a bit of reading around....I came across this post...

"I don't think it's your fault. If you are not shanking on a practice field but only on the range I have myself found THIS problem: -If you use one of the thicker tufted astroturf type practice mats, what happens is, as your clubhead hits the mat it folds the 'grass' down causing the ball to move toward your clubhead at the instant of strike - causing a shank.Trust me - it took me ages of going through the same thing to find out.Only use lob wedges of real grass - they don't work well off range mats....."

At the range I practiced on, we have the astro turf mats. I suppose I should leave it in the bag till I'm on the grass before it's all doom and gloom.

Back
Top Bottom