Any Golfers on NT?

Pretty new to golf......Got a question for ya'll.

I just picked up a 60 LW today on a random bin deal and went to the range to practice with it. For some reason, 99% of the shots I swung would fade slightly to the right. I would pick up my SW, and play the exact same shot with the exact same grip and it would be dead straight.

Is there something I'm missing?

hows the groove wear?

Attachments

• IMG_3630.JPG
    IMG_3630.JPG
    195.2 KB · Views: 10
After doing a bit of reading around....I came across this post...

"I don't think it's your fault. If you are not shanking on a practice field but only on the range I have myself found THIS problem: -If you use one of the thicker tufted astroturf type practice mats, what happens is, as your clubhead hits the mat it folds the 'grass' down causing the ball to move toward your clubhead at the instant of strike - causing a shank.Trust me - it took me ages of going through the same thing to find out.Only use lob wedges of real grass - they don't work well off range mats....."

At the range I practiced on, we have the astro turf mats. I suppose I should leave it in the bag till I'm on the grass before it's all doom and gloom.

It could be several things but one Id rule out is the mat, I use to hit my LW at the range ( mat,real grass etc). But I stop cuz the balls were so hard they weaken/dulled the grooves.

One simple thing to check, I've seen a lot of used clubs where people re-grip them themselves and don't align the grip properly. Not an issue, if your not a person who uses the grip as an aide to addressing the ball. But Id agree with typerpinoy typerpinoy there's probably something mechanically wrong with the club or just one of those days :lol:

:lol: Really hoping it's one of those days.

I'm going to go have it looked at soon. It will be a little frustrating if there is something mechanically wrong.

Thanks for the input fellas. I'll report back with feedback.

Callaway Pre-Owned has 30% off your entire order. I believe tomorrow it will be the same or you can choose bogo on fairways/hybrids, bogo on putters/wedges or 30-50% off drivers. I picked up a set of apex cf16 irons like new for $220 after the 30% and trading in some old irons.

Anyone in OC have some suggestions/experience with lessons?
After about 8 months of trying to learn on my own and friends by playing, my steady progression followed by even bigger regression has me feeling demoralized and frustrated to the point where I'm questioning if I'll ever "get it".

I would definitely suggest lessons. I haven’t taken any in a while and it shows. But it definitely helps to correct bad habits that you probably don’t even know you have. Practicing a poor swing only helps to reinforce a bad swing unless you are aware of what you’re doing wrong.

Minimum of 3 lessons would be my suggestion... It helps hearing from someone who doesn't know you and has never seen you on the course... Could be a simple fix but if they are a PGA professional, my guess is they will locate the biggest swing fault and correct that

Must be nice to play in December. Golf here in PA is done until probably April with the way the weather goes here.

Yeah no golf for the foreseeable future here unless I hit one of those indoor simulators :lol:.

Headed out saturday... only the second time or so since the baby was born.

Should be fun, plan on going all weekend.

Back
Top Bottom