Any Golfers on NT?

Man I splurged yesterday
embarassed.gif

But damn the deal i got was to good to pass up

I went to order the new STR-8 fit VR Driver 11.5 for (279$
pimp.gif
) and they had the new method putter it was in the corner staring at me, my heart skipped a beat and i fell in love at first sight
embarassed.gif
embarassed.gif

had to cop
Traded in my driver and putter for 100$ and got 20$ off the price of the method (210$)
Ended up with both for 400$
pimp.gif

Never buying another putter again!

Originally Posted by DinanBMW

I seriously have a problem with spending money... Yesterday I bought a Mizuno 56* wedge for $70 (brand new) at a store that just closed down. I already have a Cleveland and a Vokey 56*, but I'm the worst impulse buyer, and I can't pass up a good deal. We really need to set up a Bay Area golf mini summit... as long as I get 5 mulligans.
laugh.gif
Your walmart pics exhibited this quite nicely.

My bag is terrible. Bas is just being a penis.

It's an old datrek(?) that has dust all over it because I keep it out on my balcony. Though it does hold the greatest driver ever, so I guess it is pretty solid (Hyper sonic!!).

I'm finishing college in a month, so with more $ and free time, I'm picking up golf again. Haven't played on a consistent basis since I was 14, so I just know these first few months are going to be TERRIBLE. I need to buy a new set of clubs, too.

Originally Posted by LazyJ10

Originally Posted by DinanBMW

I seriously have a problem with spending money... Yesterday I bought a Mizuno 56* wedge for $70 (brand new) at a store that just closed down. I already have a Cleveland and a Vokey 56*, but I'm the worst impulse buyer, and I can't pass up a good deal. We really need to set up a Bay Area golf mini summit... as long as I get 5 mulligans.
laugh.gif
Your walmart pics exhibited this quite nicely.

My bag is terrible. Bas is just being a penis.

It's an old datrek(?) that has dust all over it because I keep it out on my balcony. Though it does hold the greatest driver ever, so I guess it is pretty solid (Hyper sonic!!).

laugh.gif

I'm a jerk. Or penis.  You're right.

That driver is epic.

Originally Posted by moneyisthemotive

how would you feel if you walked into sports authority and they placed a 79.99 sticker on an 09 Burner?

glasses.gif

how would you feel if i bought that same driver for 100 and sold it for 200

i think it was fraij who hooked up that code for taylormade

pimp.gif

Originally Posted by fraij da 5 11

WT F kind of driver are you goons talking about in LazyJs bag
laugh.gif
smh.gif
It's a total generic but its awesome.

I'll take pics one of these days when I get back from Chicago next weekend.

Originally Posted by LazyJ10

Originally Posted by fraij da 5 11

WT F kind of driver are you goons talking about in LazyJs bag
laugh.gif
smh.gif
It's a total generic but its awesome.

I'll take pics one of these days when I get back from Chicago next weekend.

It's like the end of Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade, where he's asked to pick Christ's chalice.  The dumb guy goes for the super blinged out, Lil Jon Crunk Juice cup and whithers away after taking a sip.  Indy grabs the crappy, "Carpenter's Cup" and is able to save James Bond from the gunshot wound.

This driver is the "Carpenter's Cup".

Alright guys, I need some serious help here.

I cannot for the life of me come through my driver.  Every other shot I hit today I came through perfect and made great contact, but for some reason, I cannot swing through my driver.

I had one round about a week ago where I was swinging the driver perfectly.  I had a nice little fade that I played, and hit every fairway.  Ever since then, in 4 rounds, I've hit probably 2-3 solid drives.  All the rest have been misses.. either off the heel, or thin or even pop flys.  For some reason I cannot make solid contact with the ball, and I'm sure this has to do with my setup as well, but something is just not right with my driver swing. 

I normally play the ball off the inside of my left foot, and tee up it high, probably about a half to full ball above my driver face, which used to force me to come through the ball.  Now, it does nothing.  Any help would be insanely appreciated, as I've recently shot the worst 4 rounds in the last 2-3 years. 

tell me about it HWB smgdmfh ...

i played Renditions today in Davidsonville, MD ... every hole is made to look/play like a famous hole on the PGA tour ... you guys should check it out http://www.renditionsgolf.com/ ...

i shot a 103 ... 8 shots on the first hole and 9 shots on the last hole ... fairly straight forward par 4s and i completely sucked them up ... i par'd 2 holes and had one birdie on a par 4 where i sunk a 25 footer (it was hole #4 made to play like #16 @ Royal Luthum & St. Anne's) ... but my drives went dead right all but once and trying to play a long course without a driver is nearly impossible ...

the hole made to look like the 17th at TPC was death ... first ball i hit bounced on the green and somehow rolled off the back ... i used my one mulligan we get per round and hit another that landed on the ridge in the middle of the green and somehow spun all the way through the rough off the green ... drop in the designated area which is basically 30 yards from the tee and knock it within 2 feet ... i lip the putt and take a 5 smh ...

all in all i was happy with my round because i completely blew two holes and couldnt hit a drive all day and still managed a 103 on a tough course ... i need to get my driver right or else i'm gonna continue to look like a fool ... at one point i took my stance and then dropped my right foot back as far as possible to overcompensate for my slice and it still went way right ... i cant figure it out ...

has anyone ever paid them "pro's" at driving ranges money to teach them to drive? i dont want to throw away money but damn if i wouldnt pay some cash to get my drive to go straight ...

HWb-   id say focus on trying to stay as "compact" as possible. ur prolly swaying and moving all over the place.

on the backswing ur left foot(if righty) should stay on the ground

money- half of the pros dont know what the hell they're talking about. i'd just talk to him a lil and see where he's coming from

like the pro at my course has no experience and is a cerrtified bum

Originally Posted by moneyisthemotive

Granted I'm not one to talk since I have completely lost my driver my swing, but here's what I did to fix my crazy slice problem.  One day at the range I found one of those super long tees so I decided to try it out.  I placed the ball all the way up in my stance, right off the inside of my left foot, teed high.  I proceeded to hit the 3 straightest drives ever.  That was probably 4 years ago, after having a constant slice for 8 years.  Since then that's how I've played my drives and the driver has been my best club in the bag, unfortunately.  But now I can't hit it for !$*+.  I'm thinking it's time to buy a new one, cuz I mean it can't be my fault right, it must be the club
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Youngmoney-

My lower body is very compact during my swing.  I wish it was as easy as making sure my left foot stayed planted but it always is.  At this point, it's 90% mental probably.  Which is never a good thing for golf.  But hopefully I can get to the range this week and figure it out.  Or else I seriously will need to buy a new driver just to change my mental approach.

So I had that free fitting today with my local spot's pro, and it was rather productive.

I also hit with some newer graphite shafted irons for the first time.  I'm blown away at how much more distance I get with those things.  With a 9 iron in my own set, I get about 110 out of them.  With a 9 iron with those graphites, I was getting a good 140. I kept saying outloud to the guy, "Holy ****, this is crazy".   I damn near bought a set like, right there.

But I learned that I could get about 120 back for trading in my set of irons, which works for me since I was looking for an upgrade, and I bought my entire set for 50 bucks off a friend (Tour Edge XLs) . I'll be patient with this and see if I can demo a different types of clubs before making the investment.

But lesson learned.  It's definitely worth it to get fitted if you're getting a brand new set.

I wish I would have known more about fitting before I bought my current set. I basically went into Golfsmith, picked a set that looked cool, got a regular flex, and bounced. After I realized what everything meant, I ended up getting my clubs reshafted, then lengthened, and now regripped. I spent over $250 more to get what I would have gotten for free had I just gotten them fitted. Now I'm actually struggling with getting used to the new length in my irons, and if I end up having to get the lie adjusted I'm just gonna start over with a new set lol.

decided to take a break from watching all the playoff games and take pics of my sticks....

bag_covers.jpg

bag_uncovered.jpg

driver: r9 tp 10.5* with matrix ozik f7m2
5wood: adams insight bul with mitsubishi rayon diamana blueboard 93s
22* hybrid: adams a7 with ust mamiya axivcore black 85
24* hybrid: adams idea pro gold PEANUT V1 (tour only) with nippon 950gh

woods.jpg

f7m2.jpg

d93

irons: mizuno mp57 5-pw with dynamic gold s300
wedge: 52* taylormade rac tp y-cutter
wedge: 56* titleist spin milled vokey
wedge: 60* callaway x-forged w/ .md. grooves

irons_top.jpg

irons_cav.jpg

putter: scotty cameron newport 2 studio stainless 35" / 350g
cam1.jpg

cam2.jpg

cam3.jpg

What did you put on the bottom of the clubs?

And how much did you get the Scotty Cameron for?

Feelin that bag too, next year im buying a new bag

Looks like he might have put lead tape on the back to give the wedges a little more weight. Good setup but why no 3 wood?

bottom of the putter is 10 grams of leadtape, i also have leadtape on the wedges so i can get my swingweight proper. i've had the scotty cameron for 3 years and bought it at retail for 275 brand new. all those dings, scratches and uglies is from a love/hate relationship with the putter.

i dont have a 3 wood in the bag because i never need it, besides, my 5 wood is a 18* head and it's cranked like 2* open so its already delofted at impact. i'd rather go with pw, 52 / 56 / 60 wedge setup over a 3 wood. more versatility and i'm never 260 yards out anyways which would be the only time i need to hit a 3 wood.

the bag is the nike sq tour bag. it's actually the second one ive had. i originally had (like 4 years ago) a ping hoofer vantage bag but broke it and traded it in for the sq tour bag. then ping fixed the hoofer bag the following year so i sold my sq tour bag and bought another hoofer vantage. then about a month ago, i broke the straps of the hoofer vantage bag so again, i replaced it with the current sq tour bag you see.

the r9 also is the most incredible driver i've had. i think in the last 5 years ive spent close to 6 stacks on drivers and none of the previous drivers lasted me more than 3 months. my club fitter thought i was nuts because the last 4 drivers ive owned have been statistically the most perfect drivers for me. this r9 however just turned 1 as ive had this very same driver for the past year which is amazing for me. believe me, ive tried to have this driver beat but for the distance, accuracy and most importantly SOUND, this driver has been the most pleasant for me (as well as it being statistically perfect). i thought id never own a taylormade driver but this one has me hooked. f the supertri, f the superdeep. ive messed with them and they cant stand up to my r9
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

I took the Callaway Diablo Edge out for a demo on 18 holes yesterday at Palmetto Greens in Myrtle Beach. I hit a couple big drives for me (265-275) that were in the fairway, but for the majority of my round I was blocking it out to the right. I didn't really like the way it felt coming off the club head either. I need to take another look at the Taylor Made Burner.

Hopefully by the end of the summer I can get a new driver and fitted for a set of irons. I've had my irons since like 2000, so surely there is another option out there that can give me a little more distance.

So the crappiness of my iron set has been confirmed.

The pro got back to me about the trade-in value of my clubs and said he read the form wrong.  The trade in value for my clubs isn't 15 per club, it's 15 FOR THE SET
laugh.gif

That would explain why I could easily add 25+ yards to my shots with a newer set of clubs.

That's lulz. I knew I sucked, but at least I don't suck THAT bad.

In the market of for a 60-64 degree wedge. Was on golfsmith.com checking out some and was wondering if the 64 degree is too much and should just stick with the 60.

Back
Top Bottom