Any Golfers on NT?

you didnt get ripped off or anything but its some pretty outdated equipment by most peoples standards. i know nothing about that tour edge though, looks like it might be an alright club. probably the newest of the whole bunch. i always liked the dci's. heres more info http://www.titleist.com/h..._clubs/details.asp?id=14

most of those clubs are from that era. mid-late 90s. in my opinion its not a bad deal, but im not big on buying a ton of equipment on a regular basis especially when it comes to irons. might as well try all the drivers to see which you like best, then go ahead and give away the rest because they have no real value.

Dirty...
They are quite old
laugh.gif
BUT they might perform for you

the technology now-a-days is
eek.gif
i.e. (trampoline effect, perimeter weighted)

If you are just starting I would invest in a good putter(75$-100$) to go along with that set

yeah...I figured they were pretty old...but I've read that a lot of people love their old irons compared to some of the new tech today. I'm playing 18 this Sat...I'll see how they are... can't be any worse than my Slotline set(which is going to my girl)

...I def need a good putter though.... as my friend just emailed me... "all about the short game"
Any recommendations?

edit.  I figure I'll bring two of of the drivers with me on Sat.  See which one I like better.

Dirty- As for a putter, I've had my Scotty Cameron for 11 or 12 years now and I love it. They are a little more expensive than other putters but definitely worth it.

I played my first round since last August on Sunday. I was pleasantly surprised with how I played. I told myself before the day I would be happy breaking 90 and ended up shooting an 88. I had 4 double bogeys (3 putting the first two holes FTL), 3 bogeys, and 2 pars on the front for a 47. On the backside my putter started to heat up and my iron play was much better and I shot a 41. Me and a friend were betting against two other friends and I made a couple 10-12 footers for par to tie the hole, but missed what would have been a sandie from about 5 feet and bogeyed there. Then on 18 I missed a 14 footer with minimal break that could have won the hole and tied the match.
mad.gif

Regardless it makes me excited to get back out there over the summer. I wish I had more time to practice during the week, but my work schedule won't allow it. So I might start trying to play on Saturdays and then go to the range on Sundays.

Either way I got that itch for golf again. I love it.
pimp.gif

Whats the story with Scotty Cameron putters really?

I have an Odyssey 2 ball SRT that im considering selling because its a little too short for me (33") and a little heavier than id like.

If i sell it for like $60 Im thinking about a Scotty Cameron but im not convinced that i can hit a blade better than this putter i have now

Originally Posted by fraij da 5 11

Whats the story with Scotty Cameron putters really?

I have an Odyssey 2 ball SRT that im considering selling because its a little too short for me (33") and a little heavier than id like.

If i sell it for like $60 Im thinking about a Scotty Cameron but im not convinced that i can hit a blade better than this putter i have now
WHOA.

I want that.  Seriously. Does it have the cover and can I get pics?

Originally Posted by youngmoney

Originally Posted by Dathbgboy

I wanna get into golf but can't afford it right now. Whenever, I do I'll more than likely pick up a whole set from *$+%$ or Dunhams, just hope the $200 sets are worth it. Last and only time I played golf I was about 13. We only played the front 9 and I went +9
laugh.gif
, did better than half the adults
pimp.gif
the ONLY time you played golf at age 13 you shot +9!!

only on NT 
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Oh, and I actually got 9 holes in with LazyJ on Saturday.

He has the best driver on NikeTalk, bar none.

Can someone recommend me a set of clubs/irons? I'm pretty mucha beginner, looking to spend > $200 and I'd probably use them 1-3 times a month during the season. Just getting into the sport and have no idea what to look for while buying my first set.

I've been playing some par 4s conservatively by going with a 4 iron offthe tee instead of driver or 3 wood to ensure a good lie on my secondshot. I've also started to putt decently.

This helped me a lot, I'm very consistent with my long irons off the tee, you can still easily reach in two and I'm rarely that far off the fairway.  I love golf, but have NOT gotten out this year!?  Sucks

Any golfers in the 818? I play the van nuys course pretty regularly and just started branching out to balboa for their twighlight hours.

I'm trying to get some friendly competition going with someone other than myself.

supposed to hit the 20s this weekend
pimp.gif

but i have finals
indifferent.gif

golf will have to wait another 3 weeks
smh.gif

Finally going to Buchanan on Friday. Screw it, if my friends flake out again I'm going alone. I wish I didn't have to pay an absurd amount of taxes, or I'd have a pair of these already

NIKE379222-091.jpg

Anyone ever hit Offset clubs? Im looking at this Cobra S9-1 OS driver at a good price... but i dont know if ill be able to hit it.

Originally Posted by DinanBMW

Finally going to Buchanan on Friday. Screw it, if my friends flake out again I'm going alone. I wish I didn't have to pay an absurd amount of taxes, or I'd have a pair of these already
You're doing something wrong if you ow that much.

You wouldn't want to ruin those at Buchanan anyway
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Dirtylicious

...Are shoes REALLY necessary?

I don't know, I don't have any, but I want to get some. My friend said golfing without them is kind of like running the base paths in baseball without cleats. Not sure if this is true, but I'll let you know once I get some golf shoes.
laugh.gif

I got a NDS pair of Footjoys 2 weeks ago for $28 shipped, soft spikes. I love em, great feel and comfortable.

Originally Posted by fraij da 5 11

I got a NDS pair of Footjoys 2 weeks ago for $28 shipped, soft spikes. I love em, great feel and comfortable.
Where did you buy them?

eBay... patience on eBay for some golf shoes can get you some steals. I whiffed on a pair of adidas that went for like 13 bucks lol

Here is what is in my bag

Nike Slingshot 4Ds

[font='MS Shell Dlg', Verdana, sans-serif]
[/font]

[font='MS Shell Dlg', Verdana, sans-serif]
[/font]

[font='Times New Roman', Verdana, sans-serif]Does the driver make much difference in the distance you drive the ball? Mine is a Kmart special I got for $30
laugh.gif
[/font]

[font='Times New Roman', Verdana, sans-serif]I'm also looking for a new putter since mine is a bit crooked (I kinda threw a Tiger Woods tantrum) any recommendations? I've been looking at odyssey putters on eBay.[/font]

Back
Top Bottom